PDA

View Full Version : Sidewalks.

Uncle_bob
May 2, 2008, 08:43 PM
Sidewalks exist for a reason. Stop wandering around in the middle of a fucking four lane road, dumbass. I really wish the government didn't make laws to protect idiots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Getintothegame
May 2, 2008, 09:19 PM
Same goes for walking in parking lots. GET TO THE FUXING SIDE! Not in the middle of the road!

Nitro Vordex
May 2, 2008, 09:32 PM
Not to mention the people that feel they have to cross in the middle of the road.

In front of cars.

In rush hour.

Sord
May 2, 2008, 09:33 PM
two words: fucking cyclers

AlexCraig
May 2, 2008, 09:55 PM
You know, if people do that to me (at some point should I EVER get my license), I'll just rev the engine when I am right behind them. That doesn't phaze them, I'll push the gas a bit; til I'm right up on their asses.

Nitro Vordex
May 2, 2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, but then they start bitching like you did something wrong and they're totally in the right. >_>

Idiots.

VanHalen
May 2, 2008, 11:47 PM
On 2008-05-02 19:32, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Not to mention the people that feel they have to cross in the middle of the road.

In front of cars.

In rush hour.

This happened to me. I was driving my friend from the DMV, he wanted to get his permit since I had my license. As we were driving back to his house a guy jumps out infront of the car. Like literally jumps out. I stopped suddenly and he waved at me to go first. Of course I go first.... >_>

Randomness
May 3, 2008, 10:54 AM
Odds are, had you hit him, you'd have gotten off without even a slap on the wrist..

Powder Keg
May 3, 2008, 12:09 PM
On 2008-05-02 19:19, Getintothegame wrote:
Same goes for walking in parking lots. GET TO THE FUXING SIDE! Not in the middle of the road!

When that happens to me, I slowly drive behind them. If they still don't move, I just lay my hand on the horn until they do.

Blitzkommando
May 3, 2008, 01:17 PM
Ah, the wonders of living in rural Ohio. Let me give you a rundown as to why rural roads are suicide for cyclists and pedestrians:

1. No shoulder. No, not even limited shoulder, just a drainage ditch on each side of the road.
2. No posted speed limit on county roads means it's 55 MPH. How many rural roads are county roads? Any without a speed limit sign, do the math.
3. People tend not to go 55, but sometimes as fast as 65 down these winding, hilly roads.
4. Visibility isn't that great most of the time due to the whole "Trees right next to the road that winds and goes through the hills".

And yet we still have people (the same people every time) that run and bike on these roads that are already dangerous for drivers from each other and the damned deer that run around. There are hundreds, yes, HUNDREDS of miles of bike paths in this area. There are more bike paths here in this area of Ohio than in most other states have total. So why the hell do you morons insist on riding your bikes in the roadway? I can understand riding in a neighborhood, fine. But on what is essentially a two-lane highway from hell?

Raine_Loire
May 3, 2008, 02:46 PM
Try living on an army base. They make HUGE WIDE sidewalks for the soldiers to walk and march and run on without blocking up traffic, and yet they still go in the MIDDLE of the road. And there are all these rules about how to pass and when to pass and how fast to pass. They bang on your car if they think you're going too fast, and yell at you. I just grin at them and yell "sorry, civilian!" and keep going!

Plus in Germany, it's illegal for people to bike on the sidewalks. So they block up the road. Which isn't as much of a problem as you would think, since the speed limits are SO EFFING SLOW HERE!!! Ugh, I can't wait to go home!!!

Leviathan
May 3, 2008, 07:19 PM
That's the only reason, should I get a license, that will make me lose it.

AlexCraig's idea sounds good, but you'd just get sued for it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

McLaughlin
May 3, 2008, 08:26 PM
I was hit by a car that decided red lights didn't apply to him. I'm always on the sidewalk unless I'm on my bike.

Funny thing about me and my bike. I was riding home from school, and some cop yelled at me for biking on the sidewalk (and completely ignored my lack of a helmet >_>). So, I get on the road. A few intersections later I'm on a sidestreet and that same officer started honking because I was in his way (his lights weren't on, he just wanted me to move). I told him (shouldn't have had to) that cyclists are entitled to the entire lane, and then rode as slowly as I could without falling over.

Seority
May 3, 2008, 09:48 PM
Kinda poke this a little when you cross on a crosswalk, when you have the little walking man lite up, and have a car turn a corner, hitting you, and continue to drive away. Why do we have such bad drivers?
But I do agree that some people take j-walking a little to far.
Seriously, did you know, regaurdless of the light, if a pedestrian is in the crosswalk, like even 10 feet away from you, and you drive over it, it's illegal. My mom got a ticket for it. Quite [stike]gey[/strike] stupid.

Mystil
May 3, 2008, 11:18 PM
On 2008-05-02 19:33, Sord wrote:

For some reason there is a law against riding on sidewaks in georgia.

But I do it anyway because it's smart and safe.

Sord
May 3, 2008, 11:37 PM
On 2008-05-03 21:18, Mystil wrote:

On 2008-05-02 19:33, Sord wrote:

For some reason there is a law against riding on sidewaks in georgia.

But I do it anyway because it's smart and safe.

1. your state law sucks ass
2. you rock, keep disregarding it

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mystil
May 4, 2008, 08:40 AM
I see people ride in the street all the time and cars have to go around them or ride slowly behind them. I think it's insane. There might be some road rage driver out and about and decides to go GTA on the cyclist.

VanHalen
May 4, 2008, 09:47 AM
On 2008-05-04 06:40, Mystil wrote:
I see people ride in the street all the time and cars have to go around them or ride slowly behind them. I think it's insane. There might be some road rage driver out and about and decides to go GTA on the cyclist.

By my house we have Crazy Taxi van drivers. When you are in front of them they will honk and accelerate faster. So I day when I 13 I decided the smart thing to do is when a van comes by get on the sidewalk. Then a van comes, I get on the sidewalk out of its way. The van comes up on the sidewalk after me and starts honking and speeds up o_O. You know I don't how I got out of that anymore but I know I didn't get hit.

Tessu
May 4, 2008, 10:50 AM
My neighborhood has no sidewalks... seriously.

McLaughlin
May 4, 2008, 03:07 PM
On 2008-05-04 08:50, Tessu wrote:
My neighborhood has no sidewalks... seriously.

Mine either, and last week I was hit by a construction vehicle because the driver wasn't paying attention. I even stopped to let him do his thing and he still rammed me. Nice giant bruise on my chest where he hit me.

Gunslinger-08
May 4, 2008, 03:23 PM
The drives on campus hate pedestrians. Our simple existence fills them with rage. They'll try and scare you off the road or off a crosswalk, and will lay on the horn and shoot you the bird if you're withing 5 feet of the road. It's frustrating, but what's more frustrating is that there are the typical idiots who'd run out in front of a car after they saw it coming, and noticed that the driver is speeding up because he doesn't want to stop.

I hate Tennessee drivers. I'm ashamed I'm one of them.