PDA

View Full Version : Sabers, Daggers, Claws: Which do you prefer and why

Katrina
May 3, 2008, 01:11 PM
I'm working on a pallette for AF and was wondering how you would rank saber, dagger, and claw in order of your own personal preference?

Thank you for any replies and responses

Jakosifer
May 3, 2008, 01:20 PM
1: Dagger (Hikai. Nuff said)
2: Claw (Senten and Bukuu are both good moves)
3: Saber (Spinning Strike is great for single targets of course, Rising is good too)

Zorafim
May 3, 2008, 02:19 PM
Acrofighters don't get very many weapon choices. Why limit yourself to only one? If you can't support having multiple weapons, then use your favorite and work towards a second.
Anyway, I don't think I necessarily have a favorite. They all have different PAs that are used in different situations. I don't think I'd be able to use one over the other in every situation.

ljkkjlcm9
May 3, 2008, 02:38 PM
Well,
I typically use Dagger for more crowd control(Hikai and Buten)
the only two claws I use are Nei Claw and Daiga, so I use them for the HP drain or the ice SE against single enemies.
Saber I tend to use less, but I like to use rising strike to knock some enemies away and use cards, or spinning strike for big damage.

THE JACKEL

Katrina
May 3, 2008, 04:25 PM
ty for the replies. Does Hikai's second hit knock down/away larger enemies? The video's I've seen have only been on smaller, or mid sized enemies.

Schubalts
May 3, 2008, 04:32 PM
I use all three when I'm an AF.

Zorafim
May 3, 2008, 06:44 PM
Hikai, the dagger frag PA? It's a basic knockdown, seen at the end of every PA. Most large enemies will be stunned, but will pop back up.

darkante
May 4, 2008, 02:47 AM
I like Saber (for its knockdown skill) and dagger (for its spinning shit) and i like those weapons equally much on the rare occacsion i need to use one.
Being FG mostly and all. XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-05-04 00:48 ]</font>

New_One
May 4, 2008, 04:03 AM
Hikai and spinning strike are really all you need.
Hikai is amazing for pure damage and crowd control (last hit has a blowaway for mobs and knockdown for large guys)

Spinning strike is good for stuff with single hit boxes, obviously.

Hrith
May 4, 2008, 08:47 AM
Yet Hikai does more damage to monsters with one target than Spinning Strike http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I would not overlook twin sabers, twin daggers and knuckles just because you get no S in those. Some PAs from these weapons, especially knuckles but also Cross Hurricane, benefit greatly from the speed bonus inherent to the class.

Gen2000
May 4, 2008, 12:14 PM
I don't use any saber/claw/dagger with AF since Twin Sabers (Cross Hurricane and Assault Crush) and Knuckles (all but Danga) is waaay more hax with AF's speed boost if you want put out crazy damage for whenever Slicer isn't a good option.

If you had to limit yourself to just saber/claw/dagger, Dagger would be best imo. Hikai is very damaging and keeps you mobile while Shunbu takes care whatever Hikai can't. Only thing I like about single claw over Dagger is the Bukuu PA (stretch armstrong) when used with the Daiga claw, very awesome party support PA from a melee user if they just keep repeating the first part.

dc534
May 4, 2008, 05:07 PM
I like twin sabers because they have the most diverse pa moves, my personal favorites are cross hurricane and rising

I also like daggers and I love Hoshou but the other ultimate is very good as well.

Claws I never really used all that much.

As far as single handed weapons go, I like daggers and sabers more the single claw pa moves. I prefer daggers because they seem to have the best pa's out the single handed weapons although spinning strike for the saber is very good as well.

panzer_unit
May 5, 2008, 09:15 AM
Claws - Tenora 9*'s have awesome ATP, all the S-ranks/uniques have some nice SE's. Bukuu is a great multi-target PA for crowd control, just keep spamming the first part.
Sabers - Gravity Strike is a solid PA for three-target enemies, the 3x4 hit finisher has a good ATP mod. I'd be a little surprised if other one-handed PA's can outdamage lv40 Spinning Strike, but not at all if they come close.
Daggers - Best PP and cheapest moves. I use Buten and Shunbu as a gunner 'cause they're cheap enough even with a Bullet Save jacking their cost up.

stukasa
May 5, 2008, 11:43 AM
I like daggers the most out of those three. Buten is probably the most all-around useful melee PA in the game and Hikai does good damage. Plus, Deva-zashi has one of the best SEs, silence! I always use Deva + Buten/Hikai on enemies like Olgohmon and Gaozoran, it keeps them from attacking me.

Sabers have a good variety of PAs. Spinning, Rising and Gravity Strike are all useful in different situations.

For claws I like Bukuu. The first hit of Bukuu + Daiga-misaki works great on swarms on small enemies.

Also, please don't forget your twin weapons! Someone already mentioned it but they have good PAs too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

LTrav2k
May 5, 2008, 12:02 PM
I like daggers the most, especially shunbu in close combat. Just countering with shunbu almost always clears the area in front of you.

I've heard nothing but great things about the first part of buuku for claws, although I haven't tried them just yet... launching 3 at a time with a one handed weapon is very tempting. Even though it wasn't part of the question, are you going to have at least one slicers for long range damage?

Kylie
May 5, 2008, 12:34 PM
Pre-AOI, I would have said daggers or sabers, but I have to give-in to the only one-handed skill I've cared enough about to get to 30+ (well, other than whips). Bukuu. <3 Daggers and sabers are tied for second.

Katrina
May 5, 2008, 02:42 PM
On 2008-05-05 10:02, LTrav2k wrote:
Even though it wasn't part of the question, are you going to have at least one slicers for long range damage?

Yep, I have a nice selection of slicers, twin sabers, twin daggers, r-mags, handguns, and twin claws.

I finally have most of my PA's I liked for those weapons well on the way, and was ready to finally make the jump to the single handed weapons during MAG, then finish knuckles, cards, and find a good pair of twin handguns (twin ruby)

Thanks again for all the information and replies 8D, they've been very helpful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Katrina on 2008-05-05 12:48 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
May 5, 2008, 02:47 PM
I strongly favour the Saber. I like the PAs and it's appearance more.

Hiro_EtBlue
May 6, 2008, 01:59 PM
I like the dagger and saber. I do like the single dagger just a little bit more, though because of Hikai.

dc534
May 6, 2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah daggers are decent they need to give us our 11 star dagger soon, every other weapon has 11 star plus. I guess if you get lucky you might find the amure tip on dancing birds, good luck with that one though. Sabers are great to have around to, good for knocking things out and and I never leave my room without one.

Claws can be good too but I dont have much experience with them.

I would go saber because they just look cool, I prefer blackheart but I know if I go to much into it a debate will start over what looks cooler blackheart or Apocolypsic and I just dont want to go there.

DreXxiN
May 6, 2008, 11:46 PM
Since Hrith pretty much said everything I wanted to, I'll just add in that Ikk Hikk is actually pretty nice on a AF xD. I approve.

Pandorasbox
May 7, 2008, 11:07 PM
Saber would rank first of that list. All saber PA's are good. It's fast and hits hard. Great overall single wep. Then Dagger come next. Altho only a few pa's i favor. Then claw last. Claw is really fast. Altho sumtimes i feel not enuff oomph.

Genoa
May 7, 2008, 11:21 PM
Use all of them. Having multiple photon arts for a weapon combined with having multiple weapons (each with multiple photon arts) gives you ... (probably a word I'm quite fond of using lately) VERSATILITY! =D
But I definitely prefer Knockdown PA's over heavy damage PA's. Rising Strike <3
My first PA and it's never failed me.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 8, 2008, 10:28 AM
For me it's a tie between Saber and Dagger. I like Spinning Strike, Rising Strike, Gravity Strike, Hikai Shuha-zan, and Buten Shuren-zan. Sometimes, most of my fighting consists of Spinning Strike and Hikai Shuha-zan. Claw would rank 3rd, and maybe if Slicer were on the list, it would be 4th.