PDA

View Full Version : Effing Gamecube Controller!

Leviathan
May 3, 2008, 07:26 PM
I tried to plat Super Smash Bros. Brawl but my Gamecube controller <Which was bought a month ago> likes to mess up in the middle of a game. Instead of Shiek gjumping up she squats down. Instead of of disappearing with her ^B attack, the left B attack happen. (//_-)

It's a MadCatz <Not very reliable.> but they cease to sell Nintendo brands where ever I go. The last MadCatz controller I had was actually pretty good.

I bought for $3.24 at Target which was purchased maybe four years ago works, except for my little brother broke it a week after I gave it to him.

The MadCatz controller I have now is a wireless blue one that I bought for $14.98 <Also Target.>

Could it be the batteries, or does my controller hate me THAT much.

McLaughlin
May 3, 2008, 08:01 PM
It's a MadCatz. I went through four Xbox controllers from them inside three weeks. The analog sticks kept dying on me.

You can't find a 1st party controller anywhere? I see them in every store.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2008-05-03 18:01 ]</font>

Sord
May 3, 2008, 08:07 PM
i see 'em in every store as well. I don't know if it still applies, but years ago I found out when it comes to 3rd party, Pelican for GC (after many years I still have one and it would be working fine if my brother hadn't fucked the z-button by ramming it in, i can kind of get it out and make it usable though) and MadKatz for Playstation2. Never owned an xbox or 360 so I can't say there.

Blitzkommando
May 3, 2008, 08:58 PM
MadCatz has always been shit quality. No exceptions.

KodiaX987
May 3, 2008, 10:34 PM
On 2008-05-03 17:26, Leviatha wrote:

MadCatz

Thread over.

darkante
May 4, 2008, 02:25 AM
For some reason my 2 madcatz controller have been troublefree for a long time now.
Guess i´m lucky. XD

Para
May 4, 2008, 02:58 AM
I've been using classic controller...... it works but the joystick location can be awkward.

Powder Keg
May 5, 2008, 12:29 PM
Say NO to third party controllers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2008-05-05 10:30 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
May 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
Just be glad that it's MadKatz controllers that you're dealing with, rather than memory cards. I was unfortunate enough to discover MadKatz's keen eye for quality by obtaining a 4-in-1 memory stick for the Dreamcast, back in the old PSODC days. Many PSO characters were born, that died at an untimely age.

Freeze
May 5, 2008, 08:48 PM
I also bought Madcatz memory cards and controlers for my DC. The card is still collecting dust to this day after I lost several seasons of NFL 2K and the controler died after four months. I've never touched a MCz product since.

Powder Keg
May 6, 2008, 03:42 AM
All third party memory cards do that.

Actually, I have only encountered one single memory card that never corrupted--a nYko card for the PS1. Everything else corrupted multiple times.

Controllers are the same way, they make your gameplay and controls corrupt. ^_^

Blue-Hawk
May 6, 2008, 01:11 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:56, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Just be glad that it's MadKatz controllers that you're dealing with, rather than memory cards. I was unfortunate enough to discover MadKatz's keen eye for quality by obtaining a 4-in-1 memory stick for the Dreamcast, back in the old PSODC days. Many PSO characters were born, that died at an untimely age.

I can top that. First PS1 I owned, I got a madcatz memory card. First time through FF7 and got to the last disk. Had a few other games pretty far in as well saved on it. Went to load it one day to clear FF7 and the ENTIRE card was wiped. No saves on it at all. First and last time I EVER bought a madcatz item.

Out_Kast
May 6, 2008, 01:16 PM
Still, 1st party aren't 100% reliable. I lost all my FFVIII data on an official Sony PS1 card. I was pretty miffed about that.
Also, my official GC card has been one of two corruptions I've had. The other was 4Gamers. I heard a lot of crap about MadCatz so I never bought any products.

Leviathan
May 6, 2008, 03:46 PM
My MadCatz memeory card hasn't failed me.

<Knock on wood.>

McLaughlin
May 6, 2008, 10:08 PM
On 2008-05-06 13:46, Leviatha wrote:
My MadCatz memeory card hasn't failed me.

<Knock on wood.>

When you find a Nintendo GC controller, make sure to grab an official Memory Card too. >_>

SStrikerR
May 7, 2008, 06:05 AM
My madcatz card and another 3rd party card havent failed me yet. My nyko for Gc though? No, it needs reformatting every time I put it in, then says it needs to be reformatted again...and again..and again. thank god i have 2 official cards.