PDA

View Full Version : Ok, this event gives so much MP boost i was thinking of usin

darkante
May 4, 2008, 03:05 AM
I am a real newb in the melee department.
Mainly been using guns and magic and some melee with FiGunner but that were with double saber.

If anyone wants to give me advice on P.A and element and the like.
Plz mention pros and cons.

I am all ears. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EphekZ
May 4, 2008, 04:10 AM
Pretty much the same PAs cept you use an axe instead of a double saber..

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 01:13 PM
For this event, you can pretty much do everything with Dus Majarra and Tornado Break, assuming use of photon charges. Rising Strike with a light weapon is good for the "lillies" and the "Chaos Bringers," since it won't knock them across the room and it'll do some decent damage.

I believe you can get away with just those. That's pretty much all I've been using.

LTrav2k
May 4, 2008, 05:04 PM
Zorafim pretty much covered it, though I imagine you could find an 8* slicer for cheap and take this time to breeze through Chikki. It'll still make the damage happen for you and help tag things farther than Tornado Break's reach.

Minamo
May 4, 2008, 05:07 PM
If you will be a Fightmaster (requires FF 10 + fiG 10) later when available, just level up all sword+spear+double saber+axe's PAs.

If not, you can just choose any weapons you like to use.

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 05:40 PM
I agree with the comment on Slicers. They're really good, no matter the PA you use. Plus, this PA practically screams for you to use a slicer.

Genoa
May 4, 2008, 06:14 PM
This is quite efficient for me, but everyone has their own personal preference. (I like variety of weapon types):
-=Axe - Jabroga (I find the other PA's decent too, but I use other weapons for those efficiencies. Jabroga offers somethign other weapons can't exactly imitate)
-=Twin Sabers - Rising Crush (I like this PA way too much. The ultimate in PA for interrupting enemy attacks. However, Assault Crush does a MASSIVE amount of Damage. Hard to level, but worth it. Cross Hurricane is alright, a little slow for my taste though. And Splendor Crush is only good for looks in my opinion >_> )
-=Knuckles - Bogga Danga / Bogga Robado (I interchange them, I <3 them both equally =D )
-=Spear - Dus Majarra (self-explanatory... however I tend to only use in intense situations due to it being so overpowering)
-=Twin Claws - Rensan Senshou-ga (despite it being pretty slow... which makes you vulnerable to be interrupted... It's incredibly powerful at the end.)
-=Sword - Tornado Break (a nice little GTFO PA that leaves em with a hurty D: )
Saber - Rising Strike / Gravity Strike (depends on what situation you need it for. Overall damage, go for Gravity. For a quick and good knockback, go for Rising.
-=Claw - Bukuu Saien-zan (I actually haven't used any other Claw PA, but this one works great imo)
-=Slicer - Choutou Kantsu-jin (that's right, NOT Chikki xD It got cut. However, this one isn't very cooperative on the first hit, it's second hit is worth it all in my opinion.)

I'm definitely NOT trying to say you have to use these PA's, but from my personal experience, I find these pretty good.
HOWEVER, the only thing that I beg you to use, is to have a Handgun in your palette. You can put either a Saber, Claw, or Slicer with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2008-05-04 16:21 ]</font>

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 06:17 PM
I tend to agree with that list of PAs. I'd add Dugrega to that, and also note that twin daggers take great advantage of a fortefighter's ATP. With a grinded 9*, you're pretty much using them as well as a fighgunner using an S rank.

Genoa
May 4, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm trying to level Dugrega, I like what I see when others use it.
Yes, Twin Daggers are still good on a Fortefighter. Good comparison, similar to how Guntechers have S-rank Crossbows but Fortegunners can do just as well with A-rank Crossbows

darkante
May 4, 2008, 10:29 PM
I thank you all for clueing me in in what is good to use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I were a little anti-melee before even since 1-up but today is a day of change and i like it. XD
Just attack and all really spice up things.

panzer_unit
May 5, 2008, 10:23 AM
Forest - focus on AOE damage, avoid launch and especially knockback.
Cave - launch/blow away those vandas as fast as you can in block 2... ne need vs Delps and Navas but they die fast no matter what.
Mine - rough stuff can be helpful with the bots, but not reqiured
Ruin - launch/knockback all the time on as many targets as possible

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-05-05 08:24 ]</font>