PDA

View Full Version : UNPERFECT STRATEGY GUIDE

Khali-rei
Jan 21, 2003, 07:31 PM
Versus has gone and done it again by compiling the most useless piece of wasted paper in the world. Not only is the guide WAAAAAAAY off, but they really didn't pay attention to typos, mistakes, and things as such. Seriously, you look in the RAcast section, and it says that they can't use shotguns or rifles, that they can only use partisans, sword and what not. Retarded? .. as if it wasn't enough, they say that the chaos bringer rifle is usable by forces and rangers... all the max grinders are way off, since we have the weapons ourselves and grinded past them, or not as much. I guess they just figured, since they did one before, they'll just carry over most of the info. Seriously pathetic.

Cloud_01
Jan 21, 2003, 07:50 PM
Versus guides suck. I bought one of their guides before and it was way off on stuff about the game. It also had tons of typos.

Davion
Jan 21, 2003, 08:21 PM
This is the first guide that I didn't like. Bg2 and PSO were good guides.

ginko990
Jan 21, 2003, 08:30 PM
On 2003-01-21 16:31, Khali-rei wrote:
.... as if it wasn't enough, they say that the chaos bringer rifle is usable by forces and rangers.....

I think it IS usable by forces and rangers.

Pso_Juggalo
Jan 21, 2003, 08:40 PM
they were just real fucking lazy because if you read the first pso guide and compare it its the exact same even know alot of the infomation has changed and they totally screwed up the episode 2 guide. you can tell they probity never paid attention to the game. (lazy bastards)

Jkid
Jan 21, 2003, 08:50 PM
Why ask Prima Game Books if they can create another guide(thats different from the Versus Books edition).

Oh and one more thing,the guide isn't even listed on versusbooks.com

Pso_Juggalo
Jan 21, 2003, 09:27 PM
On 2003-01-21 17:50, Jkid wrote:

they wont even admit to making that god awful guide

Eden
Jan 21, 2003, 09:32 PM
worst 15$ I ever spent

Sedyne
Jan 21, 2003, 09:36 PM
On 2003-01-21 16:31, Khali-rei wrote:
Versus has gone and done it again by compiling the most useless piece of wasted paper in the world. Not only is the guide WAAAAAAAY off, but they really didn't pay attention to typos, mistakes, and things as such. Seriously, you look in the RAcast section, and it says that they can't use shotguns or rifles, that they can only use partisans, sword and what not. Retarded? .. as if it wasn't enough, they say that the chaos bringer rifle is usable by forces and rangers... all the max grinders are way off, since we have the weapons ourselves and grinded past them, or not as much. I guess they just figured, since they did one before, they'll just carry over most of the info. Seriously pathetic.

I cuold have told you that, then again, who really needs a guide for an online game? It's better to figure all online games out yourself rather than read a manual.If you want guides, use online stuff, don't pay for them. Itll save you money, and most of them are either just as accurate or better, or so i find them to be.

Skuld_0
Jan 21, 2003, 11:41 PM
yea i got it for the poster.. but also if you look the pictures in the guide... are fomr the dc version on the ep 1 part.

Eden
Jan 21, 2003, 11:56 PM
They never even added info for Ultimate enemies....it was a good book when I got it for DC v1 .... but now its just crap

Khali-rei
Jan 22, 2003, 06:43 AM
I didn't buy it. My idiot friend did. I can honestly say that about 50% of the guide is incorrect.

z3r0-
Jan 22, 2003, 07:30 AM
I got it for a few reasons
1:my old one was beat up and practiculy falling apart
2:I wanted the ulti stats for RP 2 monsters
3:I'd have a back up incase I loose one

It really pisses me off when I go into single player and want to beat an area and end up walking around the house looking for the book because I cant remember where I put it.

hucasts_rock
Jan 22, 2003, 07:45 AM
the only thing that seems to be useful are the maps...

CorneliusPower
Jan 22, 2003, 08:33 AM
C Bringer Rifle is usable by FOrces....and yes umm RA's can use it too. =P

Mute
Jan 22, 2003, 09:23 AM
I awaited this guide with much anticipation. Boy was I in for a disappointment. Like many of you have pointed out, there are many, MANY errors. It's roughly the DC PSO guide, stamped with GC and XBox versions on the cover. Speaking of the cover, it explicitly says, "Challenge and Battle Mode Strategies." Is it just me or are these sections non-existant? Now that's just not right to advertise such and not include it in the book. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif At least the MAG feeding section is up to par (Even though it is a mirror of my DC Guide). However, does anyone else's book say "First Evolution" for EVERY mag? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif Anyhow, at least it came with a nice poster. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EsperJ
Jan 22, 2003, 12:36 PM
I didn't even know such guides exsisted for PSO.

They never made their way to England, anyway.

To me, it all seems a bit pointless, unless of course you bought a copy just for sentimental value, (which would be the only reason why I'd buy one ).

And the mention of Typos is unforgiveable..

Buuyon
Jan 22, 2003, 12:36 PM
On 2003-01-21 17:50, Jkid wrote:
Why ask Prima Game Books if they can create another guide(thats different from the Versus Books edition).

well you didt search good enough cuz they hid it! well thanks for this info i was really ganna buy that thing!

Khali-rei
Jan 22, 2003, 03:02 PM
Okay, knowing now that you guys confirmed that forces can use a "Rifle" is stupid enough to make me say that ST and Versus went to the same school. If a force can use it, so should the hunters. And I haven't even checked the maps. I bet they messed up the strategy guide on purpose because some hacker probably killed them online a while back with Resta. Tch Tch..

Webapprentice
Jan 22, 2003, 03:50 PM
On 2003-01-22 12:02, Khali-rei wrote:
Okay, knowing now that you guys confirmed that forces can use a "Rifle" is stupid enough to make me say that ST and Versus went to the same school. If a force can use it, so should the hunters. And I haven't even checked the maps. I bet they messed up the strategy guide on purpose because some hacker probably killed them online a while back with Resta. Tch Tch..

I could argue that rods should act like partisans. Rods are long enough that I think it could hit multiple enemies.

There are a number of weapons that are considered a special weapon type. I don't think FOs should use Inferno Bazooka, but it's classified as a "handgun" so it can be used by FOs.

RedFox
Jan 22, 2003, 06:17 PM
there was a uk guide... but i never brought it on account of it being a useless pile of toss... :sigh:

Kaervek
Jan 22, 2003, 06:25 PM
On 2003-01-21 17:40, Pso_Juggalo wrote:
"they were just real fucking lazy..."

And you know this because...

a.) you are an employee
b.) you have a friend who's an employee
c.) you sleep with an employee
d.) or you are just talkin out of your ass?

Anyway -
It is very possible that the guide was written based on a beta version of PSO E1&2. I don't have the guide myself, so I wouldn't know. I did, however, own the v1 guide for DC a while back, and yes, it was somewhat incomplete.

I just took it with a grain of salt and closed the book. After all, if you need a strategy guide to play a game, can it be all that fun?