PDA

View Full Version : Why do U hate duping?

spardaGC
Jan 21, 2003, 07:54 PM
Many of u hate duping.Either u are a true pso player or just saying u r legit 2 stay with the crowd i need reasons.i don't know where i stand on this duping thing.I hate and think it is not 2 bad if u dupe 4 the right reasons,like 2 have fun.

Reasons Why I Hate
1.people rip u off
2.can corrupt game
3.no challenge
All I can think of so far

Reasons why I like:
1.Be able 2 share my weapons with friends or others who cannot get certain item because of section id or don't have time.
2.u have more fun becuzu don' have 2 labor all day in front of the tv destroying ur mind looking for rares.
3.Everyone will be able 2 use dream weapons
4.backs u up during corruptions.
5.Every 1 will jus hav enuff time 2 play 2 gether and show off their rares

Now i kno many will disagree with me with my opinions.that is whyi want 2 kno what u thing.Type your opinions in a similar way 2 mine and let's see who r the real legits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spardaGC on 2003-01-21 16:55 ]</font>

Sim2002
Jan 21, 2003, 08:15 PM
On 2003-01-21 16:54, spardaGC wrote:

Reasons Why I Hate
1.people rip u off
2.can corrupt game
3.no challenge
All I can think of so far

I agree on all of those, plus a few others:

1. It takes all fun out of hunting for the rares yourself
2. Dupers are really just cheating them selves
3. I think it can unbalance the game in some ways (just think about low lvl people using stuff like the Flow weapons)

Reasons why I like:
1.Be able 2 share my weapons with friends or others who cannot get certain item because of section id or don't have time.
2.u have more fun becuzu don' have 2 labor all day in front of the tv destroying ur mind looking for rares.

Ok I can only agree with one of the above.. the back up part. I think that backing up would be great, but that is why you should store things in your bank. I can see some people duping for friends who are never going to be online. That might even be too much but I am not a hard core dupe hater I just try not to use them myself. If I think a trade is a dupe I tend to stay away. Anywho my .2 cents.

Roontek
Jan 22, 2003, 02:22 AM
Reasons why I like:
Now i kno many will disagree with me with my opinions.that is whyi want 2 kno what u thing.Type your opinions in a similar way 2 mine and let's see who r the real legits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spardaGC on 2003-01-21 16:55 ]</font>

WOW, it will be fun for everyone to show eachother their rares when they all have the same rares? Your not making too much sense out of this at all...Sorry if you don't agree...

fyrewyre
Jan 22, 2003, 10:42 AM
heres a scenario:
My oran hunter finds olga flows gene after the 3 hr olga flow run and he also has on a calibur cause he wouldnt find any rares and hes a lvl 100 guy (for instance) if i used that olga flow gene and went online to get my peice of the tradeworld/spotlight, who would beleive me? would my three hours be in vain cause of soe other lame-o's killing the trades among other psoers? the last two versions was plagued by three things. dupres, pkers, and those fsod bsod and whatever bugs, so why bring one of the 3 horsemen back to a new game?

thats just one way to put it. happy hunting http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

spardaGC
Jan 22, 2003, 07:30 PM
great point but if urlike me (probably rn't) u don't care what other people think and u kno u got the weapon that'll be all that matters.

P.S. how corny was that on a scale of 1 to 10?

King_Rappy
Jan 22, 2003, 07:39 PM
Why I hate dupers:
Same reasons as everyone else.
They're almost always illiterate pre-teens who think its "l33t" to ruin everyone's game. These people can't spell for beans, they've got no respect, and they think everyone's jealous of them. They think it's fun to show off they're bloody rares and take all the EXP. for themselves, and say stuff like:
"lololollllolroftlamao!111111 dupnig iz kool 11111 ureds jsut jelowse omgrotldsmaolol!111!11 wat do u want il dupp it 4 u lollolololl!!11!1!2@@@##!1!1@#!q23rqfrwegfawws.... ......." And so on....

harmfulcow
Jan 22, 2003, 07:41 PM
dupers should burn in hell, simple as that

King_Rappy
Jan 22, 2003, 07:42 PM
Amen.

harmfulcow
Jan 22, 2003, 07:43 PM
sorry if that seems a bit harsh, no nevermind im not

eXo
Jan 23, 2003, 01:25 AM
I agree man i have not been online very much do to work, and school But I will be so F***ing P**sed off if oneday i turned on the cube to find everyone walking around with OLGA weapons like during the P.S.O version 1 Spread Needle Days.If anyone checks my previous post you will see that I am working my Butt off for good weapons and its not fair for a bunch of losers to ruining it for everyone.
When will people ever learn that by supporting dupes and hacks,we are killing of great games at a very rapid pace.I am pretty sure that the majority of us at one point in time use to play Diablo 2, before it was hit by what I call the "GREAT DUPE DEPRESSION"

THE BOTTOMLINE IS THAT DUPERS ARE F****ING a*****es
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DELTRON_ZERO
Jan 23, 2003, 04:23 AM
i dont dupe.
i use dupes.
legit players are just mad because dupe using players decided to NOT struggle looking for that wonderful red saber or lavis cannon ect.
there is no reason to alienate dupe users in anyway shape or form either.

i was in a game a while back and i guess 3 legit people were in there and when i came down they went nutso on me in ult ruins i got surrounded by 5 Del D's and i was toast...so im sitting there with a redscreen killing my eyes when its 5 minutes and im still not alive again..so i see whats going on and i get a bunch of bs about how.."i am 100% legit and i dont support dupers" and all this other jargon and im like....whoa!...hold up now...your alienating me cause i use dupes...you people might as well be racist.

and at first i began to see how these people made sense...and i almost went as far as dumping my entire inventory of dupes and starting new....but F that.

legits are just angry at the fact that they have to work 1000x as hard as a dupe user to get to the point of using a dope rare weapon. legits say it ruins the game...

thats their opinion...heres mine...

i think of rare items as a car..and and level 200 as the destination...and ragol as the road im driving on.. lets say every level is a mile....would you rather walk 200 miles to get to lvl 200???????? or would you like to get a ride in a car that has air conditioning and a stereo? point made.

legits arent made that duping ruins the game..they're mad at the fact they're working so hard when they dont have to. so stfu and stop whining.

-DELTRON ZERO

EsperJ
Jan 23, 2003, 06:12 AM
I don't think they're whining.

Like me, they're just dissapointed in people who cheat this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EsperJ on 2003-01-23 03:13 ]</font>

Tigger
Jan 23, 2003, 03:04 PM
Personally I don't care about dupers, just as long as they don't force their wares on me. And I can understand duping weapons for back-up purposes, but if it's just for showing off that's another story.

I like to find my own rare weapons, but in the same respect I won't go insane trying to find them. I'm just more concerned with raising my characters (besides, what's the point in finding rares if you can't use them on a low level character?)

But I can understand why people don't want to use duped weapons. I found a Booma's claw on my own and I know it's not the greatest rare of the bunch, but I love it simply because it's the first rare I ever found on my own. So duping does rob a sense of accomplishment but it's not doing anything to me since I don't dupe.

So I guess all I have to really say is to each their own. You can dupe if you want just leave me out of it.

Kuja2k3
Jan 23, 2003, 03:24 PM
You people don't understand, we work hard for the items because that's how it's supposed to be. The entire concept of rares is that so not everybody has them. If you go into a game, and there was no cheating, and someone had a double cannon, just imagine how amazed you'd be. However, you see them now, and just want to leave in disgust. I hate what it does to the trading community, and I hate how everyone has the "leet" weapon. It really just takes away the point of the game.

BlizzardAndroid
Jan 23, 2003, 03:49 PM
Well the ones against duping sure is right... LOL but my dumbass Oran luck is whimping out on Rares!
All i keep getting is Photon Blast, COOL! But all im getting besides that is DB's Saber and Musashi!!!!
I have found 12 DB, and 17 Musashis!!!! What is up with that! Then I find a lousy Rare Barrier that requires Amplif.of Anti & Resta! lol

The main point here is... Do 4 player mode, it adds to your item finding luck!!! Plus ID luck! =)

Whatever you are whimping around about Rares, i hope its not cuz ur just 2 damn lazy! But if your a single around a family or just to weak and poor to afford 3 extra remotes! LOL!!! oh well our money has to go to waste sometime.... But this online fee is sorta bugging me... Dont you all agree? =b

By the way look at this dorky Pic. lol! =D
http://www.the-magicbox.com/Sep/xbpso125.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlizzardAndroid on 2003-01-23 12:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlizzardAndroid on 2003-01-23 12:58 ]</font>

BonusKun
Jan 23, 2003, 08:04 PM
On 2003-01-23 01:23, DELTRON_ZERO wrote:
i dont dupe.
i use dupes.
legit players are just mad because dupe using players decided to NOT struggle looking for that wonderful red saber or lavis cannon ect.

i was in a game a while back and i guess 3 legit people were in there and when i came down they went nutso on me in ult ruins i got surrounded by 5 Del D's and i was toast...so im sitting there with a redscreen killing my eyes when its 5 minutes and im still not alive again..so i see whats going on and i get a bunch of bs about how.."i am 100% legit and i dont support dupers" and all this other jargon and im like....whoa!...hold up now...your alienating me cause i use dupes...you people might as well be racist.

and at first i began to see how these people made sense...and i almost went as far as dumping my entire inventory of dupes and starting new....but F that.

legits are just angry at the fact that they have to work 1000x as hard as a dupe user to get to the point of using a dope rare weapon. legits say it ruins the game...

thats their opinion...heres mine...

i think of rare items as a car..and and level 200 as the destination...and ragol as the road im driving on.. lets say every level is a mile....would you rather walk 200 miles to get to lvl 200???????? or would you like to get a ride in a car that has air conditioning and a stereo? point made.

legits arent made that duping ruins the game..they're mad at the fact they're working so hard when they dont have to. so stfu and stop whining.

-DELTRON ZERO

Bro I don't even know why you're bothering. Let them whine all they want it's your buiness how you play and as long as you keep it to yourself it's all good.

Guile
Jan 23, 2003, 09:57 PM
I don't hate it at all

HybridFenix
Jan 23, 2003, 09:58 PM
People have taken the "Duper Haters" to the extreme level. I DO NOT DUPE, BUT I have used Dupes b4 (without knowing it) and gotten screamed at, yelled at, and called a ****head and a Mother ******* liar when I said I had no idea what they were talking about. Instead of sayin "DAMN YOU DUPERS TO HELL!!!" Why not be....hmmm....SUBTLE or NICE about it? Not everyone dupes, but many, MANY people use dupes, most times without knowing it.

Back to the subject.

I don't thinki duping for backup or for friends is bad at all, the problem is (once again) dupers have taken it to the extreme, trading and duping, trading and duping, over and over. This has even angered moi, but that does not mean duping should be smoked into oblivion. Keep it among friends, or among yourselves, but don't trade worthless rares, it ruins the game for others.

One more thing: Anyone ever MET a duper, face to face? (let me reiterate, I am NOT a duper) Generally speaking they are really nice people, but they have nice morals. Yelling "YOU SUCK" in their faces is only gonna make em mad, and more often then not, it's the duper haters that are loud, (If there is such a thing in typing) obnoxious, and all around just annoying.

Give em a break people. Get mad at people who dupe to trade for other non-dupes, not the dupers who do it out of caution or friendliness.

Guile
Jan 23, 2003, 10:04 PM
I truly don't see how a duped weapon can piss a person off so much..it's a damn game! But if a real rare makes you feel good than good for you..I just don't get why people are going off on other people becuase they copy items in a videa game...!!!

!!!

Raist
Jan 23, 2003, 10:20 PM
*looks at name of thread* sweet merciful crap, what happend here??

On 2003-01-23 01:23, DELTRON_ZERO wrote:

hmmm, geeze, i could swore i disliked duping because it ruined individuality in the game and took any pride out of what anybody in game carries.

here I would have to agree, people should play nice no matter what there opinion of you, thats just common courtisy. But thats not just a legit thing, there are poor sports on both sides.

and what exactly made you decide F that? Legit play is fun, it adds challenge to the game and gives you a personel sense of pride in what you use.

If this were true we'd probably just go back on our mourals and start using duped shit. Your assuming way too much about how we think.

...worst...analogy...ever This is even worse than Ihate's comparison of duping to marijuana (which he admited was kinda silly ^_^)

legits arent made that duping ruins the game..they're mad at the fact they're working so hard when they dont have to.

well this is about the third time you've said this and I'll just reiterate. We work hard for our stuff because we chose to. If we were angry because you've got it so easy we'd probably just join you if that upset us so much. No we feel duping ruins the game because we played DC, we saw what can happen with uncontrolled duping and sadly we're seeing it here again just starting on GC.

so stfu and stop whining.

that deserves a big ol' ditto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-01-23 19:22 ]</font>

Tigger
Jan 24, 2003, 12:31 AM
I actually have met dupers that were nice and dupe-haters that were quite mean. And of course vice versa, I think that just goes on a personal basis that depends on the player.

And Blizzard, your picture made me chuckle.

EsperFlame
Jan 25, 2003, 07:59 PM
The biggest reason I hate duping is because it's turned the PSO trading economy into junk. Besides finding your own rares, part of the games design is your supposed to trade with people as well. Each ID is set to finding certain rares. Now with 10 ID's out there I don't think Sonic Team expected one person to make acharacter of every ID color so they could get every rare in the game.

Lets take an Example. Redria finds alot of Shots and Slicers. Greenill finds rifles. Redria has like 3 Final impacts but hasn't gotten lucky on finding a Justy. Greenill has like 3 Justys but hasn't found hardly any good shots let alone a Final Impact. Both desire one of the other so they trade. End of story.

But, lets say Greenill is a duper or has duper friends that dupe for him. Redria has 3 Final impacts and wants to trade..just for a stinking Justy. Greenill has just about everygun he/she desires except for that darn Guld gun. Greenill having everything else won't do any trading at all unless it's for a Guld becuase he's an an@l retentive jerk that even though he doesnt' even use Justy and has like 3 of them, see's no reason to trade even a useless weapon to help someone else out unless he's getting something he wants.

Sorry if this post was overly long but I wanted to explain this thruoughly just to give you a small glimpse at the big picture.

Duping kills the trading economy because if everyone has the stuff everyone else has, then no one will feel the need to trade.

haterade
Jan 26, 2003, 01:14 AM
Oh man... these duper defenders are hilarious!

Raist, you got the most laughs out of me today. Good job of putting things together about why legits get upset http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'd rather have something original than something everyone else has anyday, which is why I rarely use my Demolition Comet online... I'm unsure if it's legit or not: I traded.

MurDoCmob
Jan 26, 2003, 01:45 AM
I am a legit player, i have a purplenum at lvl 68 and i am trying to find all the rares on the item-findings list. I have about 42% of the whole list all legit and i am really upset becuz i can't get the good stuff like agito, ancient saber, kamui, and a lot of other really kool crap. I am not capable of going online...yet...but when i do, i really wouldn't mind if i get a duped agito. Because no matter what, i couldn't find it with my char..and that really sux.
P.S. how do you kno if you have a duped weapon? Does it say DUPED in fine print?
anyway, im just saying, since i can't get all that awesome stuff, i really wouldn't care if it was duped. And when i say duped im thinking of no % hacks and no +99s. Just regular...if thats possible.
so i don't hate duping...i just hate not being able to find all the good rares myself. I think there are maybe a few people who agree with me.
peace

DJ_Monkey
Jan 26, 2003, 02:09 AM
I don't like dupes(or dupers). Why, you may ask? Well, I'll tell you.

First reason: it takes the fun away from the game. I found a Yamato one time, and when I was cheering, people were saying stuff like "So what? I have an ub3r-l33t Dark Flow, which I duped, because I r teh ub3r-l33t dupz0r"(except it had far-worse grammar). It really takes a knock at your self-esteem. Here I am, being proud that I have gotten a weapon that took me a while to find, and someone just tells me that it's a stupid weapon. It's like when you get a brand-spankin'-new PDA, and someone comes along and teases you because you couldn't afford the better model(it happened to me at school). It's just not very nice.

Second reason: it's a "gateway" cheat. In the DC days, the cheating started when people were duping weapons and other items. Then, they got bored of that, and decided that they would use destructive cheats(AKA FSoD/BSoD, PK/CK, NOL, among others). It encourages cheating on much greater levels. We all hated those destructive cheats. Also, duping is a sort of a destroyer, but that'll be explained below.

Third reason: it ruins the trade economy. Since PSO's currency is basically worthless in any serious transaction(duping isn't the cause of that, however), item trading is the only way to make a serious trade. When you fill the market with extra items, the value goes down. This is due to a little thing I like to call "inflation". It's just like Germany in the 30s, when their currency inflated so many times that their money became basically worthless(did you know that there were bills for 100 trillion units?). Only in this case, it's items, not money, and it's Ragol, not Germany(heh...just had to stick that in). Point being, you can make neither successful nor fair trades in a market affected by duping(it would be like if someone invented a replicator, like in Star Trek).

Fourth reason: it compels people to act like total jerks. When you dupe stuff, it tends to make people mad, which in turn makes you mad, and can lead to bloody flame wars(which aren't pretty). Like I said earlier, the cheating that results from duping also makes people mad, but on a larger scale.

Do I have to explain this in any more detail, or can you understand my post?

Oh, by the way: please, brush up on your grammar. I seriously almost needed a translator to read that post of yours. It's a friggin' keyboard, it's not like a software keyboard, where it takes 100 hours to type "Hello."(Obvious exaggeration, of course. It's more like 90 hours =P).

MurDoCmob
Jan 26, 2003, 02:20 AM
wow talk about being rude..well i was just trying to make a point, if you can't get it yourself and you are desperate and no one will trade a legit wep with you...then get a dupe (as a last resort).
and by the way I WASN'T TRYING TO TYPE A FUCKING REPORT....just making a statement...asshole.

peace out

Zolpner
Jan 26, 2003, 02:29 AM
I hate dupin cause i did it once in D2-LoD it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring, and also its cheap

Maelkith
Jan 26, 2003, 04:32 AM
i duped items. reasons were to back up items lost to fsod. i also aquired uber rares to trade for the items i had lost. i also copied my sub par weapons and have them in storage incase i lose items again to fsod.

the crazy thing i see is that the super weapons that everyone uses... are total crap. and after aquiring the duped armors, i see that they are all at the absolute lowest end of the spectrum. a kasmi bracer can have a wide range of values for def and evp. the common duped kasami has the absolute lowest possible stats. these awesome super items are junk. the dark weapons are totally useless in battle (well maybe not the bridge). i find myself using the less elite items simply because they work better. if i had to choose between my chainsawd and a BKB i would have to take the sawd. i have these super weapons but only to compare what i find to them as i find them.

its sad that i duped. my initial intention was to share with my close pso partners. i made copies of the best items they had as well as the best that i had. i also made backups for them. i tend to play with the same 3 people. but we got a little carried away with duping. i think we traded with dupers to aquire the rest of the items we didnt have. as far as ruining others pso experience, i think by playing amongst ourselves in pass locked games didnt effect anyone else. i am trying to be considerate to others by only using my hard earned items when not in games with those in my normal crew.

i am a duper but i do not interfere with others enjoyment. i also have the ability to walk away from those illusive red boxes so that others can have a moment of glory. i do not use my uber weapons in unlocked games. i dont use units or armor that i have not found with others in the game that i dont know.

just because i am a duper doesnt mean i am a 13 year old moron out to show off. just because i am a duper doesnt mean i have no skill. before i duped or traded anything, i had defeated ultimate falz and olga offline with a HUCAST using common rares. if you ask me where i got an item i will not have to make anything up, because you will not see my dupes used if you join my game. i will not be a poseur when you ask if i am legit. i am not legit.

if you have my card and you find my comments offensive, delete it. if you have my card and you ask me for dupes, forget it. if you are going to flame me for stating my situation, be my guest. you should know that having all the rares is punishment enough for what i have done. these moments of satisfaction i have in my bank are not mine. and the thrill will not be there if i happen upon these items.

War_Child
Jan 26, 2003, 12:07 PM
Duping for offline only characters and for back-up purposes I have no problem with. Even for close group of friends that don't play often with others, I don't care about too much.

What I hate, is the people that get dupes to trade. Rares were hard to trade for before, now it's even harder to trade because everyone already has everything. Things are no longer "rare enough" for people to want to trade for. The people who work hard for their items also get ripped off worse than Canadians and the GST. They have to trade a lot of hard earned items for one "super rare", should they have what the other person wants. The other person then goes to their duper buddy and obtains another without any effort whatsoever.

People just entering the game have next to chance of trading, since they haven't had as much time to find more sought out rares for trade. Thus, they get stuck with items they can't use, and end up not being able to obtain items that are more useful to them. Congratulations dupers, you just ruined the trade economy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2003-01-26 09:09 ]</font>

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 26, 2003, 12:48 PM
i'm new to the whole "Dupping is bad" thign i htought not many people dupped untill well i see a whole bunch of people with the SAME RARE WEAPON ON MY TEAM, it does take a small amount of fun out of the game, but there really isn't anything we cna do about it. and now i just find out that that a couple of my friends dup should i hate them, should i tell them that they are "cheating". what should i do?
i myself am not opposed to dupping it just sorta annoys me>.o;;
i mean i'm ligit and i get "so you dup" more than i would like to hear. now i figure that if i want to keep the fun of finding rares i can't trade. and trading is getting to me when everyone trades?
and is it cheating to want a extra set of you best items *weaps* incase of a Screen of death (i just SoD'd last saturday and lost all my items i have no back up, i was luck i had a friend who could give me his extras then i spent much of this week find things that would help me regain what was lost.) now i have better weaps than before and i have 4 out of 9 dream items that i wanted.
tell me am i stomping on sega's dream for wanting to have extras incase of a SoD? and should i just not worry about it if my friends might be duppers? should i give up and join the evil craze of duplication?

Raist
Jan 26, 2003, 01:00 PM
On 2003-01-26 09:48, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
tell me am i stomping on sega's dream for wanting to have extras incase of a SoD? and should i just not worry about it if my friends might be duppers? should i give up and join the evil craze of duplication?

Well unfortunatley the main use of duping is not for making back-ups, so if that is all you use it for your not helping but your also not hurting. If your friends are dupers it really shouldn't change anything between you, there still your friends duh. Your play styles are just different, just dont accept dupes from them and your all good. Don't give in to peer pressure my boy!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LordCronai
Jan 26, 2003, 05:14 PM
I think duping is wrong, but I'm not going to be the one to suffer for it by having to think over every trade to see if it will be a dupe or not. My time won't be wasted for a duper. Just bloody live with it.

BonusKun
Jan 26, 2003, 10:31 PM
Well unfortunatley the main use of duping is not for making back-ups, so if that is all you use it for your not helping but your also not hurting. If your friends are dupers it really shouldn't change anything between you, there still your friends duh. Your play styles are just different, just dont accept dupes from them and your all good. Don't give in to peer pressure my boy!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The sad thing is I can see the reason for duping shit for backups due to FSOD.

Lost my 70% A beast Justice Mechguns. I never found a pair like those again.

I shoulda duped them cause losing them to a software bug was really lame but hey it must be part of the game since it's something Sega did right? right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-01-26 19:31 ]</font>

Raist
Jan 26, 2003, 10:36 PM
On 2003-01-26 19:31, BonusKun wrote:
I shoulda duped them cause losing them to a software bug was really lame but hey it must be part of the game since it's something Sega did right? right?

nah, a software bug isn't part of the game, its just like duping, another thing we can bitch about until ST fixes it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-01-26 19:37 ]</font>

BonusKun
Jan 27, 2003, 07:29 AM
On 2003-01-26 19:36, Raist wrote:
nah, a software bug isn't part of the game, its just like duping, another thing we can bitch about until ST fixes it.

Yeah they only partly fixed one glitch and fermented another one in the process.

After tonight another person I knew of Level 151 got fucked over also by this glitch.

Pretty soon leveling will be pointless if this patch remains.

Wewt
Jan 27, 2003, 11:19 PM
Blame cheating for the character corruption. Why, you may ask? One of the main reasons(or the only reason?) why the patch was installed, was to stop duping.

Domali
Jan 28, 2003, 01:36 AM
Some people who dupe respect the legitimate players and don't bother them with "l33t" talk. Its just like you have legitimate players who disrespect people and think they are "k3wl d00ds" because of what they do. Is duping wrong? Yes. Hate every duper out there just because they dupe? No.

PSO should be more about the community (not including the trade economy) then anything else. Some dupers do respect the trade economy as well and try to keep all their dupes in a line of friends.

Some people take hating to the very extreme. "All dupers should go to hell." Those are some very strong words and are really uncalled for. Maybe you dislike duping so much as to think that.

Another thing I dont understand is how people blame this FSOD on the dupers. They say the patch was put in to stop duping. Maybe if SEGA had a better team to put in patches and what not there wouldn't be duping or FSODing. There should be a reason we pay $8.95 a month. Yes bandwith is expensive but look at real MMORPG's and look at the content some of those companies give you. Why can't SEGA do that? If SEGA doesnt have the resources to give us quests and the lot, why can't they at least test patches before they come out?

Crap, SEGA could at least put a test server up and let us send them bugs that we find. I don't see much of an effort on SEGA's part to fix anything, so much blame should be put on them.

Enough of what I think on this and on to my opinion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think duping is fine as long as your not affecting other players gameplay. Dupers definatley ruined the trade economy. Honestly though, Ive never seen a trade economy succeed in online games, even if there wern't any dupers. An economy is a very hard thing to setup in an online game. Either way duping is alright for backup, personal use, and personal enjoyment. Some people have a lot of fun using ultimate weapons. It is just their style of gameplay. In closing I ask that you please don't flame me for my views though I would like to see many comments against them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eden
Jan 28, 2003, 01:46 AM
On 2003-01-27 20:19, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
Blame cheating for the character corruption. Why, you may ask? One of the main reasons(or the only reason?) why the patch was installed, was to stop duping.

I won't ever place any blame of any sort on dupers. I don't place the blame on Sonic Team either.

Bugs will always be there, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them..........................

*BIG BREATH*
and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them, and people will always be there to exploit them, and then they will always be there to fix them, and people will be there to exploit the fixes, and people will always be there to fix them,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eden on 2003-01-27 22:48 ]</font>

Mike
Jan 28, 2003, 01:54 AM
Meh. Cheating not a good thing.

And kinda off topic, why did you change your complaint into Japanese Eden?

Eden
Jan 28, 2003, 01:55 AM
Because it looks cooler, and I need as much JP practice as i can get...

Wewt
Jan 28, 2003, 03:35 AM
It was Sonic Team's fault that they left the bug in there in the first place, but nobody forces a user to exploit it.

Eden
Jan 28, 2003, 03:37 AM
True, but its naive to think that people wont.

Wewt
Jan 28, 2003, 03:57 AM
I don't think Sonic Team were thinking like that, ever. It's naive for anybody to think nobody wants to cheat on their online game.

The fact remains, that if duping never happened, this patch would never have been installed on the servers.

DELTRON_ZERO
Jan 28, 2003, 08:46 AM
Raist: you cannont honestly sit there and tell me that my analogy of using dupes was a bad analogy.

you may say that you are angry with dupers because it messes' up the whole thing with originality and stuff in the game...but your right and wrong at the same time..some people wont trade for something they already have...i know me for one...i WAS on ver.2 and 1..so i know what duping did to the DC versions...ever been pk'd or ck'd?...good chance it was me..i also duped..if someone wanted to trade with me but i already had they item(s) they had to trade...i would just give it to em straight up..and they'd leave me alone...and i'd stop caring..just like before the patch..i didnt dupe..but my good ass friend from v.1 and 2 did..and what he had..i had...so anytime i was ina game and someone needed something but had nothing to trade..i'd give it to em..but i was picky of who recieved free shit from me...they would join the game...ask if someone had this item...and ppl would say no..and i'd remain silent...if they kept spamming they werent getting shit...spamming for a rare=n00b..but if they were like..'ok whatever...pipe?' i'd be like ok...then when we go back to town after the boss i'd offer a trade to em via the menu..i wouldnt say nuthing..put in the item they're looking for..and confirm and they'd be all happy and shit and it would make me feel good that they got what they really wanted.

but getting back to the point...im gonna paraphrase what you said...

i never played DC pso's.
legits dont like dupiing because it makes it so no ones original.
and that you too think that legits should stop whining.

well..since there is no more duping legits wont fully stfu..but they will be a lot less legit whiners that make their anger known. im not downing legits...more power to you...but not for one second am i going to sit here and believe that you or any other "legit" player has not once been in a game and watched a dupe user slay a bunch of melqueeks with a red sword and not be jealous at the fact its gonna be 300 more hours of gameplay before you find one..its pretty weak...it works of the same principle as rich kids and working class kids...rich kids as mommy and daddy for a new car...they get it..no effort involved in obtaining the new car...working class kids ask mommy or daddy for a car and get laughed at and then straighten their faces and tell you subtley to..get a job...you cant tell me your not angry at the fact those spoiled fucks have shit with no effort? i am..but since in pso..im one of the spoiled fucks..it dont effect me...so dont sit there and try to completely void out my statement as false because you know in the back of your head im right.

im done

--pwner

Eden
Jan 28, 2003, 11:09 AM
Jared: I've never been jealous of that, if I was I would go get one myself. =/

I have no problem with dupers/duping, sure it can annoy me sometimes...but to be honest, when some guy comse in with a supercharged weapon, I'm happy in a way, all I gotta do is Rafoie everyone and we blaze through the level http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eden on 2003-01-28 08:11 ]</font>

Raist
Jan 28, 2003, 11:22 AM
On 2003-01-28 05:46, DELTRON_ZERO wrote:
Raist: you cannont honestly sit there and tell me that my analogy of using dupes was a bad analogy.

oh yes...yes i can

you may say that you are angry with dupers because it messes' up the whole thing with originality and stuff in the game...but your right and wrong at the same time..some people wont trade for something they already have...i know me for one...i WAS on ver.2 and 1..so i know what duping did to the DC versions...ever been pk'd or ck'd?...good chance it was me..i also duped..if someone wanted to trade with me but i already had they item(s) they had to trade...i would just give it to em straight up..and they'd leave me alone...and i'd stop caring..just like before the patch..i didnt dupe..but my good ass friend from v.1 and 2 did..and what he had..i had...so anytime i was ina game and someone needed something but had nothing to trade..i'd give it to em..but i was picky of who recieved free shit from me...they would join the game...ask if someone had this item...and ppl would say no..and i'd remain silent...if they kept spamming they werent getting shit...spamming for a rare=n00b..but if they were like..'ok whatever...pipe?' i'd be like ok...then when we go back to town after the boss i'd offer a trade to em via the menu..i wouldnt say nuthing..put in the item they're looking for..and confirm and they'd be all happy and shit and it would make me feel good that they got what they really wanted.

i'm not sure how exaclty that relates to character originality but if you didn't understand what i meant. I meant that you'll have about half the pso population running around with the exact same Dark Flow or the exact same BKB or the exact same Double Cannon...catch my meaning?? And yes, i have been pked, fsoded, bsoded and all that lot, thanks for that by the way.

but getting back to the point...im gonna paraphrase what you said...

i never played DC pso's.
legits dont like dupiing because it makes it so no ones original.
and that you too think that legits should stop whining.

how is this paraphrasing me?? I never said you didn't play DC pso and i dont think legits should stop whining. Silence is a form of acceptance you know.

well..since there is no more duping legits wont fully stfu..but they will be a lot less legit whiners that make their anger known.

As far as i know there are still forms of duping out there that aren't stopped by the patch. And even when they patch that up, a great deal of damage has been done and there will still be tons of duped stuff out there. But if duping is fully stopped, I'm sure my "whining" will subside.

im not downing legits...more power to you...but not for one second am i going to sit here and believe that you or any other "legit" player has not once been in a game and watched a dupe user slay a bunch of melqueeks with a red sword and not be jealous at the fact its gonna be 300 more hours of gameplay before you find one..its pretty weak...it works of the same principle as rich kids and working class kids...rich kids as mommy and daddy for a new car...they get it..no effort involved in obtaining the new car...working class kids ask mommy or daddy for a car and get laughed at and then straighten their faces and tell you subtley to..get a job...you cant tell me your not angry at the fact those spoiled fucks have shit with no effort? i am..but since in pso..im one of the spoiled fucks..it dont effect me...so dont sit there and try to completely void out my statement as false because you know in the back of your head im right.

Well yet another horrible analogy and I can honest to god say that i have never been jealous of a duper/dupe user. And in the back of my head i'm posotive that you are incorrect in how you feel legits think, we're not jealous of dupes, bleah.

im done

yey! ^_^

Edit: What's this?!?!

On 2003-01-25 23:27, DELTRON_ZERO wrote:
DELTRON ZERO aka SubwaysJared aka AUTOMATOR is declaring his new found legitness...i dumped all my dupes and my best legit weapons i have that i found are a demo comet a sange and imperial pick and lk's...all my equipment except my devil/battle is white or green..its sad...im the weakest lv 128 HUcast on pso. and i think that the item drop thing is messed up for yellowboze...i did 10 runs offline of vhard and found nothing worth anything...and did 15 runs of ult caves and forest and also found nothing worht anything...if you could help me with the yellowboze id drop it'd be helpful...being legit is damn hard.

DELTRON ZERO=Legit

Were you just kidding because this was posted before your reply to my statements.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-01-28 08:32 ]</font>

Eden
Jan 28, 2003, 11:38 AM
No he was actually legit, for one day

Cl0ud
Jan 28, 2003, 04:15 PM
Ok, are you guys ready for this hella funny story? here i go.

So i'm in the lobby, just chilling one day and a duper (or he called himself a duper) comes and and he has a shortcut for " I DUPE FOR YOU! GIVE ME A RARE AND ILL GO OFFLINE AND DUPE IT" (it was actually 2 sections of a shortcut. I hate people who do that, so now I'm like, "no you dont a** hole" hes like "yea wanna bet" im like "sure." hes like "lets battle, but give me your guild card becasue if you lose your memory card gets deleted." I was like "what does this have to do with duping" hes like "to prove im better than you" im like i could give 2 shits and my legit weapons could destroy ure duped ones anyday. end of story. that kid was a prick.

DJ_Monkey
Jan 28, 2003, 04:37 PM
On 2003-01-25 23:20, MurDoCmob wrote:
wow talk about being rude..well i was just trying to make a point, if you can't get it yourself and you are desperate and no one will trade a legit wep with you...then get a dupe (as a last resort).
and by the way I WASN'T TRYING TO TYPE A FUCKING REPORT....just making a statement...asshole.

peace out

Did I say that I was talking down to you? Did I insult you by stating the facts? Please, don't get me more mad than I already am. Some of you dupers think that every legit person is a stuck up snob who doesn't care about feelings.

I never tried to be that person. I wasn't putting you down. I was just telling everyone why duping is not very nice.

Don't make me resort to insults just to defend myself. I shouldn't have to.

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 1, 2003, 01:29 PM
CHEATERS ARE BUMS WHO HAVE NO LIFE PERIOD.

GandorDurin
Feb 13, 2003, 04:52 PM
Dang, I can't even begin to understand any of this.

...It's certainly hilarious to read, though!

yan2003
Feb 15, 2003, 07:45 PM
it's great to share and all, but!!!!! when u do that u take the fun out of the game for yourself and who u "shared" it with. That's why they are making the nect episodes, because people eventually will find everything and be at high level and will need new chalanges and weapons, soo DUPING IS FOR LOSER WHO WASTE THEIR MONEY