PDA

View Full Version : OK, I need help. Badly.

SStrikerR
May 8, 2008, 05:32 AM
I have so many problems right now, I don't know where to start..Alright so in school I have daily homework and 2 research projects, and I can't find the time to do them at all. My grades are slipping down to C's, and i usually get A's or B's, so I'm stressed out about that, but there's nothing I can do. I also can't sleep much at night, which makes me irritable.
To top it off I punched one of my classmates in the face yesterday for certain reasons of my own, and I'm stressed out about getting suspended for it, which would REALLY piss me off.
I have some more problems, but for now this is probably enough.

Any Advice?

Raine_Loire
May 8, 2008, 07:47 AM
Well, I'm curious how you have time to be posting on the forums but not to do homework? You make it sound like you go into class, and one day 2 teachers say "OK, you need to do research projects, due TOMORROW. Oh and don't forget your homework assignments, as well."

Granted it's been a long time since I was your age, but I'll go ahead and take a shot in the dark here and say you've got some time management problems.

To be fair here, and I know it isn't what you want to hear, but if you are suspended, it serves you right. You need to learn now to solve conflicts without violence, learn this before you're an adult and will be jailed for punching someone in the face! There are no circumstances in the world that can justify hitting another person. And if you let someone else's behavior goad you into hitting them, well then you're letting other people control you, and that doesn't bode well for you in adulthood.

To your problem with the homework and the grades, and the sleeping... Why do you feel this is all beyond your control? Your grades MIGHT be slipping because you aren't doing your homework. Your sleeping problems could be because you're stressed because of not doing your work, and worrying about when you will find the time, and thinking about the slipping grades... you post quite a bit on the forums, you play PSU... So I can assume you do HAVE time you could do the work in, correct? Since you didn't post any more about WHY you can't do it, I need to just go with the time stamps on the like- 30 posts you did yesterday...

So the bottom line is- can you force yourself to do homework and projects in your free time, or will you continue to spend it on other things? You're the only one who can decide if you can do it or not. And in the end, no matter what anyone posts here, you're the only one who can do your work, and bring your grades up.

As far as sleeping, try to de stress. Take a warm bath a bit before bed, make sure you don't eat close to your bedtime, steer away from chocolate and caffeine and GET RID OF THE STRESS IN YOUR LIFE. At least get rid of what you can. What you can't get rid of, don't worry about. It doesn't help anyway, right?

What I did when I got overwhelmed with school, or couldn't finish something on time was beg my mom to let me have a day off. She gave me a de stress day when I really needed it (although I admit to the ability to pass out on command- because I have social anxiety disorder and just thinking about being in a crowd is enough to drop me- and I'm ashamed to say I milked it back when I first developed it, lol) The thing is that for me, de stressing was catching up on my homework and projects, and studying. I did more work than I would have done if I had gone to school, but without something hanging over my head, I slept better, was more relaxed, and had a better time when I went back.

thunder-ray
May 8, 2008, 10:32 AM
As always I agree with raine 100%. Now the question is what the hell is taking up all your time from doing your homework? The next question is why did you punch that kid? Did he piss you off or did you just snapped all of a sudden and hit the first person you saw?

SStrikerR
May 8, 2008, 02:24 PM
On 2008-05-08 08:32, thunder-ray wrote:
As always I agree with raine 100%. Now the question is what the hell is taking up all your time from doing your homework? The next question is why did you punch that kid? Did he piss you off or did you just snapped all of a sudden and hit the first person you saw?

Umm, he pissed me off. And also, probably my biggest problem is procrastination, and doing homework from 3:15 to 9:00 stresses me out a lot, which is the reason I procrastinate.

Raine_Loire
May 8, 2008, 02:32 PM
lol I've seriously been in the endless procrastination loop- but... it takes you 6 hours to do your homework? Crazy, man!

Anduril
May 8, 2008, 02:35 PM
6 Hours? Wow. Question: When you actually do get around to trying to do your work, do you go at it in full force? Becuase that could very well be the reason that your procrastination grows worse.

SStrikerR
May 8, 2008, 02:36 PM
On 2008-05-08 05:47, Raine_Loire wrote:

Well, I'm curious how you have time to be posting on the forums but not to do homework? You make it sound like you go into class, and one day 2 teachers say "OK, you need to do research projects, due TOMORROW. Oh and don't forget your homework assignments, as well."
Because I start homework about an hour after I get home so during that hour I go outside and do stuff or get on here. And In the morning before school as well. And actually yeah, the teachers are telling us to get certain parts done by the next day, and with 2 project parts at once plus research for it, I just can't do it.

Granted it's been a long time since I was your age, but I'll go ahead and take a shot in the dark here and say you've got some time management problems.
Procrastination goes here right?

To be fair here, and I know it isn't what you want to hear, but if you are suspended, it serves you right. You need to learn now to solve conflicts without violence, learn this before you're an adult and will be jailed for punching someone in the face! There are no circumstances in the world that can justify hitting another person. And if you let someone else's behavior goad you into hitting them, well then you're letting other people control you, and that doesn't bode well for you in adulthood.
i didn't get suspended, he didn't even tell anyone about it. And I've never done anything like this before, unlike the kids who fight others every day for fun.

To your problem with the homework and the grades, and the sleeping... Why do you feel this is all beyond your control? Your grades MIGHT be slipping because you aren't doing your homework. Your sleeping problems could be because you're stressed because of not doing your work, and worrying about when you will find the time, and thinking about the slipping grades... you post quite a bit on the forums, you play PSU... So I can assume you do HAVE time you could do the work in, correct? Since you didn't post any more about WHY you can't do it, I need to just go with the time stamps on the like- 30 posts you did yesterday...
Pretty much...but the work takes so long..I'm not bragging, I am smart, but I've given up basically.

So the bottom line is- can you force yourself to do homework and projects in your free time, or will you continue to spend it on other things? You're the only one who can decide if you can do it or not. And in the end, no matter what anyone posts here, you're the only one who can do your work, and bring your grades up.
If I did do all my homework in my free time I'd be starting at 3:15, ending at 8:30-9:00, taking a shower and going to bed. No life there =/

As far as sleeping, try to de stress. Take a warm bath a bit before bed, make sure you don't eat close to your bedtime, steer away from chocolate and caffeine and GET RID OF THE STRESS IN YOUR LIFE. At least get rid of what you can. What you can't get rid of, don't worry about. It doesn't help anyway, right?
I take a shower before bed, I eat dinner around 7 or a bit earlier, I dont like chocolate much..but the caffine...some night I have iced tea near bedtime, other nights I dont.

What I did when I got overwhelmed with school, or couldn't finish something on time was beg my mom to let me have a day off. She gave me a de stress day when I really needed it (although I admit to the ability to pass out on command- because I have social anxiety disorder and just thinking about being in a crowd is enough to drop me- and I'm ashamed to say I milked it back when I first developed it, lol) The thing is that for me, de stressing was catching up on my homework and projects, and studying. I did more work than I would have done if I had gone to school, but without something hanging over my head, I slept better, was more relaxed, and had a better time when I went back.
You have no idea what I would give for a day like this, I'd actually accomplish something.

SStrikerR
May 8, 2008, 02:38 PM
On 2008-05-08 12:35, Anduril wrote:
6 Hours? Wow. Question: When you actually do get around to trying to do your work, do you go at it in full force? Becuase that could very well be the reason that your procrastination grows worse.

No, I don't go at it in full force. I don't have add or adhd, but I get REALLY bored with the work.

And for the 6 hours I'm talking about on nights like tonight where I have 2 projects that I have to research on and write about, AND normal daily homework.

Vanzazikon
May 8, 2008, 02:46 PM
What do you have to do research on anyway?

Raine_Loire
May 8, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-05-08 12:36, Ryan113 wrote:
On 2008-05-08 05:47, Raine_Loire wrote:

You have no idea what I would give for a day like this, I'd actually accomplish something.

Maybe explain to your parents what you said here, that you're feeling overwhelmed and you need a day off to just sit and work to catch up... tell them you are so frustrated and just feel like giving up, you can't sleep... well basically everything you have told us, and ask them for a day to just- catch up. Do what you need to do during the day, go to bed early, and you'll wake up feeling like a new man, lol. It's hard to imagine parents that wouldn't understand this- everyone has felt it at some point in their lives...

SStrikerR
May 8, 2008, 06:28 PM
I might try, raine, but I really doubt it would work. Nevertheless, thanks for the advice.

And I'm doing research on global warming and skateboarding. And here i though skating would be easy and fun...boy was I wrong.

Edit: No, my mom just yelled at me for asking. Turns out there's no chance in hell I'll get a day like this unless I force myself to get sick. So many ways, so few options that wouldn't make me die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryan113 on 2008-05-08 17:40 ]</font>

Inazuma
May 8, 2008, 06:49 PM
the first person who resorts to violence in an argument automatically loses, as far as im concerned.

homework is one of the worst things ever but as a young student in this world, you dont have much of choice. just get it done and look forward to the time when you can put school behind you for good. you are lucky to have google at least. the internet wasnt nearly as popular back in my school days. would have helped w/ schoolwork a lot -_-

having trouble sleeping? sounds like you arent masturbating enough to me. just rub one out right before bed and it should help a lot.

good luck w/ all your problems.

SStrikerR
May 8, 2008, 07:38 PM
On 2008-05-08 16:49, Inazuma wrote:
the first person who resorts to violence in an argument automatically loses, as far as im concerned.

It wasn't an argument at all, he just kept asking for a fight, and then he said something that made me lose it, and I got him in the jaw and walked away.

ABDUR101
May 8, 2008, 07:43 PM
Slugging someone who pissed you off; your choice but deal with the consequences.

Too much homework, sure it sucks but hey guess what, you're a kid and school is your job, thats pretty much your only responsibility in life at an early age. Get through school. You don't have to be the best, you just have to not fail. My parents were always happy when I'd bring home B's and A's, and if I got C's, they were like "Well atleast you're average". D's got me a "Hey, pick up abit and if you're having problems, let the teacher know". Odds are you're not communicating with the teachers or your parents how much of a problem you're having. And whining about schoolwork and all that doesn't work; actually have a serious talk with parents and teachers and explain your side of things. If you whine, you get ignored because it seems like you're just griping to get out of the work.

Lack of sleep; you're worrying yourself, you're depressing yourself and then you give up, which lowers your grades, hello sink-hole. Lather, rinse, repeat until you fail the year or blow your brains out; or both. =]

None of us can help you, peanut gallery only. Go talk to your guidance councelor about all this, thats why they get paid.

GreenArcher
May 8, 2008, 08:08 PM
If your stressed out, fight something to relieve it. I know what you mean with being overloaded with shit, and then you just get upset and depressed about the whole situation and end up getting nothing done. Do something for stress relief, it'll do you wonders.

Here's some things I do:

Play PSU while listening to my favorite music.
Go downstairs on my drumset.
Go skate
Go for a run

SStrikerR
May 8, 2008, 08:33 PM
So far i've found that reading, listening to music, and being with my girlfriend relieve stress for me, so I'll try to do these things more often. Oh wait, I can't lol. Nah, I can do these more and I will. Except the 3rd one, I really can't be with her any more often than I am.

Raine_Loire
May 9, 2008, 01:32 AM

having trouble sleeping? sounds like you arent masturbating enough to me. just rub one out right before bed and it should help a lot.

LMAO is this guy-vice?

thunder-ray
May 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
On 2008-05-08 16:49, Inazuma wrote:having trouble sleeping? sounds like you arent masturbating enough to me. just rub one out right before bed and it should help a lot.

Though this method is effective in a certain way. But I think raine's idea about taking warm baths sounds more apporiate then yours >.>

Kent
May 9, 2008, 10:05 AM
On 2008-05-09 07:41, thunder-ray wrote:

Though this method is effective in a certain way. But I think raine's idea about taking warm baths sounds more apporiate then yours >.>

Try combining the two into one action. That should help.

SStrikerR
May 9, 2008, 02:31 PM
On 2008-05-09 08:05, Kent wrote:

On 2008-05-09 07:41, thunder-ray wrote:

Try combining the two into one action. That should help.

Lol internet topic made by 13 year old + other people = ..Nevermind.

ABDUR101
May 9, 2008, 02:34 PM
No wonder you're having problems, your fragile little mind can't trouble-shoot common sense issues.

BlaizeYES
May 9, 2008, 06:01 PM
On 2008-05-08 03:32, Ryan113 wrote:

To top it off I punched one of my classmates in the face yesterday for certain reasons of my own

just one punch?

SStrikerR
May 9, 2008, 06:32 PM
I punched him and he didn't fight back, so I figured he got the message.

Nitro Vordex
May 9, 2008, 06:34 PM
On 2008-05-09 16:32, Ryan113 wrote:
I punched him and he didn't fight back, so I figured he got the message.

If someone passes out, they usually can't do as such. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SStrikerR
May 9, 2008, 06:39 PM
This can be locked, due to no more help being needed, and someone being a jackass.

Sgt_Shligger
May 9, 2008, 06:55 PM
Hey, FYI, projects aren't supposed to be cake walks. They're supposed to take up time. Suck it up and get to work.