PDA

View Full Version : Tiered

AnnabellaRenee87
May 9, 2008, 10:10 AM
Why is it when I get home in the evening from working 12 hours, I decide to get on my xbox for 2-3 hours, Then get on my computer for another 2 then sleep for 3-4 hours and then repeat process the entire week?

You would think that all I would need to do is go to bed earlier, but I don't, I even use to go to bed at 2 but now I'm a 4-4:30.

Guess I kinda ask for being tiered don't I?

SStrikerR
May 9, 2008, 02:29 PM
Yes you do. I'd cut the comp time down to one hour, and the xbox to no more than 2 hours. And also working for 12 hours..ugh I won't be doing that when I'm older. I'd say it's mostly the hours of your job that are giving you little spare time, so i understand why you go and play xbox and such after it, you'd be a shell of a person if all you did was work and sleep. Honestly, I wouldn't work more than 8 hours.

AlexCraig
May 9, 2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah, seriously. You really shouldn't be working for 12 hours straight. That is not good for your health. You should only have to work up to about 9 hours. Do you at least get a break in that?

Furthermore, you don't need to play Xbox for 2-3 hours. My brother plays video games for hours on end, from 3:30 - 10:00. Not good. An hour or even 2 hours is fine. But 3 is pushing it, unless you are sure you have enough spare time (like a day off).

Computer... I am on almost all day. Not good for me ( http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif ). Again, unless you are sure you have enough spare time, try to stick to minimal time.

Sleep. For a normal human being to get a full night's rest, it is 6-8 hours. What you are doing is unhealthy for you.

Kent
May 9, 2008, 04:09 PM
...Aren't there work regulations in place that prevent someone from working more than eight hours straight without a break? I know there are here.

If you're tired, or you're finding yourself excessively groggy for a good part of the day... Go to bed.

If you can't sleep, pop in Oblivion, or watch Fight Club. At least one of those should be boring enough to put you to sleep.

ulyoth
May 9, 2008, 06:56 PM
Im pretty sure he doesnt work 12 hours straight, but a 12 hour shift is not uncommon in some workplaces. (With suitable breaks etc)
My dad used to do them, but he would work 4 days on 4 days off, kept the factory working 24/7 shame the company couldnt sell it fast enough to keep up.
To answer you question yes it would help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jaspaller
May 9, 2008, 10:50 PM
Cut out one of them, or cut the time you use for both. Take a few days where you just head to sleep instead. Nothing wrong with missing a day of gaming/computing right?

Zorafim
May 10, 2008, 12:43 AM
I believe the reason is, your body needs the rest. It's probably not getting the rest it needs from what you're doing though, so it's probably a good idea to invest in something new and refreshing.

Katrina
May 10, 2008, 10:56 AM
Eventually the lack of sleep will catch up to you, you'll have a 'crash' day where you sleep off and on for an extended period on one of your days off. I'd try to cut down on some of the computer/gaming time to allow your body to adjust back to a more normal rest period.

I don't know the labor laws, but I'm guessing the bare minimum would be a break every 4 hours.