PDA

View Full Version : WoW Gold Farmers Arrested

yupeizuan
May 9, 2008, 10:10 PM
WoW Gold Farmers Arrested (http://news.mmosite.com/content/2008-05-09/20080509003204494.shtml)
Is it necessary to arrest? What's the big deal with buying gold? I pay and I get enough for my epic mount without having to countless hours on farming gold. it's ok for both of side. Why stop? What need to stop is that the dev should stop to make the game grind, a time killer a life killer.

Shiba1227
May 9, 2008, 10:42 PM
So wait, basically breaking the terms of service you agree to when signing up is ok?

Although arresting is a bit harsh, it kind of sends a message of don't break the rules.

Toadthroat
May 9, 2008, 10:50 PM
Gold farming is illegal because the people who do it are making money off of Blizzard's product.
The funny part is that, yeah, both parties sort of benefit from the real money trade.
Blizzard gets to keep people who would otherwise quit because the gold grinding is too tedious.
And some chinese people get to make some good 'ol American cash.

ABDUR101
May 9, 2008, 11:05 PM
I don't care either way, but I always hated getting spammed by the bastards when I played. Nothing like getting countless whisper advertisements, and then mail advertisements. In that sense, I'm glad the pricks are getting arrested for it. If I want to buy your damn gold, its no secret where the websites are; we're all fully capable of google.

KodiaX987
May 9, 2008, 11:22 PM
Farmer spends countless hours in-game earning money in the quickest possible way.

n00b buys money.

Farmer is driven to farm even more.

Game finds itself flooded with unbelievable amounts of in-game currency.

Congratulations! You have just collapsed an MMORPG's economy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2008-05-09 21:22 ]</font>

FinalMasterM
May 9, 2008, 11:36 PM
On 2008-05-09 21:05, ABDUR101 wrote:
I don't care either way, but I always hated getting spammed by the bastards when I played. Nothing like getting countless whisper advertisements, and then mail advertisements. In that sense, I'm glad the pricks are getting arrested for it. If I want to buy your damn gold, its no secret where the websites are; we're all fully capable of google.

You played WoW? Darn I did miss a lot :/

Anyway, I always found it annoying in other games where rules weren't enforced. Blizzard has done well with blocking in-game spam mail and mass-whispers. There are still gold farmers, gold buyers, and it's sad to know people are supporting them. If you don't want to play the game the way it's meant, then don't play at all. And, to the poster above who mentioned buying gold, I hope you don't get caught, the gold grind isn't all that bad anymore. Roommate who casually plays was able to get enough gold for 2 epic flying training on his 2 favorite characters, while I only spent mine on my 1 favorite, I use my gold on getting AH bought gear for my others.

eXo
May 10, 2008, 12:11 AM
Thank the heavens this is great news for those of us who still play WoW from time to time it's a relief to see that although it took forever blizzard is actually working to resolve this issue even if the arrest only reduces the problem by like 10% for two week's it's worth it in my opinion.

eXo
May 10, 2008, 12:15 AM
hahaha did anyone actually read the article?

Police arrested the pair after Li reported Zhang for unfair revenue distribution.

Thats the first time that have ever heard of a crook turning his partner in crime in without covering his own backside first, and also now i really do not feel as bad since i always called gold farmers stupid @#$%ing chinas and now this validates the statment.

Sinue_v2
May 10, 2008, 08:28 PM
I wonder if Gold sellers are required to pay taxes on their income?

I've heard some rumblings about wanting to tax virtual property, especially when people buy and sell them for real-world currency. The only reason why it's probably not pushed harder is because that there's no real way to enforce or regulate it yet.

yupeizuan
May 11, 2008, 08:34 PM
a lil pity of these GF guys in China. there are so many human rights problem in that country, how they would be after they arrested?

ABDUR101
May 11, 2008, 09:06 PM
On 2008-05-11 18:34, yupeizuan wrote:
a lil pity of these GF guys in China. there are so many human rights problem in that country, how they would be after they arrested?

I'm sure they'll be taken to a dark room, water-boarded, humiliated and beaten to within an inch of their life so the government can find sleeper cells.

...oh wait.

Spacepest
May 13, 2008, 12:39 AM
Uh...does anyone find it disturbing that all the goldfarming employees in the article's picture are like, uh, only half dressed?

And I'm glad at least one MMORPG is taking some action against these goldsellers and farmers. You have no idea how much it pisses me off to play an MMORPG and go to an area to complete a quest, mission, whatever, only to find the area filled with goldfarmers and put on total lockdown because of it. And then have them spam my chat channels asking me if I want to buy their virtual money. (And yes, I do find the purchase of virtual money to be quite pathetic).

ABDUR101
May 13, 2008, 01:13 PM
On 2008-05-12 22:39, Spacepest wrote:
Uh...does anyone find it disturbing that all the goldfarming employees in the article's picture are like, uh, only half dressed?

Lack of airconditioning much? If you're going to sit on your ass and play to farm gold, you want to be comfortable while doing it. Besides, maybe thats why they were farming gold; they needed airconditioning!

See, now don't you all feel bad, these poor people need to farm WoW gold so they can afford AC, they offer you a service and break their backs(or asses) so you can get gold chinese-cheap(minus the lead!) and you still complain!