PDA

View Full Version : Life After the Shutdown

OmegaLegend
May 10, 2008, 11:37 PM
Even though no one can get online with PSOX anymore, that doesn't mean it's truly dead.....

I've been playing PSOX offline even after the shutdown of the US and Canadian servers. Maybe it's because I can't stop playing it, maybe it's a direct "Fuck you!" at Sega and Sonic Team, whatever, but I have, and I've found some great things. And that's the purpose of this thread: A way for other PSO players to share their post-server-shutdown experiences. During the Forest to Falz Ultimate run I did as part of Cranberry's "Last Hurrah" celebrtation, I found my first-ever Dragon's Claw. I have since found a second Dragon's Claw and a Meteor Cudgel during my last session. I can't wait to see what else players find offline on this addicting game!!!

Jaspaller
May 10, 2008, 11:46 PM
I moved onto Blueburst. Although I can't play with the same people as before, it's at least allowed me to play with some friends that I haven't had the chance to play with. It's a whole new world to me

TsukasaDCX
May 11, 2008, 04:13 PM
I moved from PSOX to BB with Jas

thunder-ray
May 11, 2008, 05:52 PM
I moved from pso gamecube version to psu online. But i went back to playing pso offline since i cant log on dued to the error 65 pop up.

AlexCraig
May 11, 2008, 08:08 PM
I never had a chance to play online. So I play Gamecube offline and Blue Burst unofficially.

Freeze
May 11, 2008, 09:07 PM
I've been on PSU quite a bit lately because of the event but I also scored a BBA for my DC so I've been playing it online again. As for PSOX, I still play it with friends in multimode. I got my BB working at last so I might start putting some hours on it too.

Cranberry
May 11, 2008, 09:36 PM
I am glad that you enjoyed the Last Hurray celebration. Online or offline PSO is still very much alive to many people.

I have been playing the Gamecube version offline. It's really cool that you found a Dragon's Claw. Recently I've become fond of enemy part weapons and I've been having a good time playing with Grass Assassin Sabers and Gal Wind. We should both do some offline runs together sometime playing with enemy part weapons. It's pretty fun.

OmegaLegend
May 12, 2008, 01:21 AM
How fun is it on Ultimate..... in Mines AND Ruins..... looking for L&K14 Combats?

kevlar_pso
May 12, 2008, 03:32 AM
Life after the shutdown for me consists of no Xbox Live. PSO-X was the only reason I had a Live account. I will renew my account after I get a 360.

Jaspaller
May 12, 2008, 09:22 AM
Better make that soon. GTA4 and Halo 3 are calling out to you as am I

LilDevilPSO6
May 14, 2008, 02:24 PM
Hey Guys Its Lil Devil if you had online for Xbox you might remember me but thats not important what i really want to know is CAN YOU PLAY OFFLINE SINGLE MODE In HARD OR VERY HARD OR EVEN ULTIMATE? because i have no one to play offline and i wanna know if single mode is capable for more than just normal mode you know what i mean like single as in the mode where you have all those stupid quests

Ok thanks again and keep on playing!!!

P.S. if it is capable how do i access it???

Jaspaller
May 14, 2008, 02:30 PM
Yes, you can do other difficulties. Beat the boss and then talk to the principal to unlock other areas, hit the 3 totem poles to unlock ruins, then beat Falz and let it save after the credits. It'll be unlocked for that character afterwards

You can beat it on Episode 2 as well, just talk to all 3 NPC's after you beat an area.

LilDevilPSO6
May 14, 2008, 03:31 PM
KOOLZ THX BRO that helps alot so just to clarify to unlock diff difficulties do i have to do all quests?

Jaspaller
May 14, 2008, 03:33 PM
No. Beat the final boss (Dark Falz for Ep 1 and Olga Flow for Ep 2), wait till the credits finish so it saves and when you load up your character again you can go to higher difficulties. You can avoid the quests completely.

Vanzazikon
May 14, 2008, 03:48 PM
After a damaging shutdown to USA's public servers, I'm happy to see people still enjoying PSO. Because of this I will continue playing and help to make sure PSO never dies. Thank you PSOW for helping me and others realize the spirit of PSO and GO SEGA TEAM!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vanzazikon on 2008-05-14 13:50 ]</font>

Blood_Hunter
May 15, 2008, 05:43 PM
no i will never stop playing psox, i am like the captain that goes down with his ship, to proud to let go.

OmegaLegend
Jun 3, 2008, 01:12 AM
no i will never stop playing psox, i am like the captain that goes down with his ship, to proud to let go.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT, MAN! THAT'S why I started this thread!

Farrmark
Jun 3, 2008, 09:09 AM
Never played PSOX, I'm a Cube player and I dabbled in PSU on 360 but got bored of it....

Still playing PSO on Cube, in fact I'm on it right now feeding my Mag :cool:

Tech Romancer
Jun 3, 2008, 07:25 PM
Never played PSOX, I'm a Cube player and I dabbled in PSU on 360 but got bored of it....

Still playing PSO on Cube, in fact I'm on it right now feeding my Mag :cool:

hahahaha same here I've been on PSO since the dreamcast but this is the first time I've ever tried raising a Sato
I already screwed up one now I'm trying again

burning_card
Jun 11, 2008, 03:21 AM
I'm still playing the game...sad thing is that it's the most played game i have on the nintendo Wii...lol. The wii games are great, but nothing seems to fill the voidthat PSO can leave in your mind. I tried to stop playing the game...heard the damn music in my dreams...(maybe i need some sort of re-hab?)

Either way it's been five years running on six now, playing since the old DC days. PSO Plus is great, and now my wife hasbecome addicted to the damn game...it's nice to have another player to game with that liveswith me i guess, sort of makes my sad addiction to this game a little less sad...or not, who cares, i have to find another god arm!

Zantra
Jun 11, 2008, 03:36 AM
I play PSO Gamecube on my Wii now, and i'm trying to find a new copy of Plus.

PSU is terrible.

And, the Wii makes the game run and look better than it did on my Gamecube.

OmegaLegend
Jun 14, 2008, 05:10 AM
I play PSO Gamecube on my Wii now, and i'm trying to find a new copy of Plus.

PSU is terrible.

And, the Wii makes the game run and look better than it did on my Gamecube.
I got my copy of PSO+ for GameCube from Amazon.com, I don't know if it's there now, but that's where I got mine.

Farrmark
Jun 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
hahahaha same here I've been on PSO since the dreamcast but this is the first time I've ever tried raising a Sato
I already screwed up one now I'm trying againI ballsed up my first Rati too :D

Fed it with the wrong character and didn't get the correct Photon Blast :(

Oh well, nailed it the second time and I'm just raising the power now. Currently at 5/56/50/0 :cool:

VioletSkye
Jun 14, 2008, 04:10 PM
I just helped my nephew buy a copy of PSO+ off of Ebay. We used to play together when he was younger and he got the PSO itch again so I got him his own copy. Also showed him how to run his own server so he and his friend (who also owns PSO and a Broadband adapter) can access the lobbies, change the lobbies to seasonal versions for hunting seasonal Rappies and do/download online quests. Since he started playing again I dusted off my copy and gave it run through this afternoon. Good stuff!! :D

I also found a copy of just PSO ep1&2 for $50 so I bought that for myself since my disc is looking quite scratched up (although it runs perfectly) and a copy of the Perfect Guide (which I already own but is in really bad condition lol.) I just can't seem to escape the PSO addiction :p

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 14, 2008, 04:16 PM
Pso+ is still too much on Amazon. No Dc bba... =~.~=

Edit: 1000 =o.0=

AlexCraig
Jun 14, 2008, 04:30 PM
Congrats!! ^_^

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 14, 2008, 04:33 PM
=^.^=