PDA

View Full Version : Passing Curiousity About */battle

Phebes
Jan 22, 2003, 09:05 AM
Just a little pointless wonder, but does anyone know if the */battle units are cumulative with one another?

i.e. if you wear two General/Battles (10% reduction in attack length), does your attack time become reduced by 20% ( (10+10)% ), does it become 19% ( (10%)10% ), or does it just take a straight 10% and ignore the second unit?

Just curious, because if the first is the case, your attack would be reduced by 120% (heh, negative attack; monsters die before you even think about hitting the button) with four God/Battles.

If the second is the case, your attack would take only 24% of the time, as it's reduced by 76% (which is feasible).

And if the third is true, well, that's an easy 30% reduction no matter how many you wear.

Erm, sorry for the math, I'm just tired and bored. Heh heh.

Goza
Jan 22, 2003, 09:13 AM
I do not believe they are stackable. At the very least there would have to be an animation limit. A 24% attack speed would drop some of the faster weapons below visible action on some attacks, if my comprehension is complete.

Phebes
Jan 22, 2003, 09:15 AM
Yes, I really doubt it as well, though it is an ammusing thought to entertain.

I'd love to see a pair of regular green daggers going at some boss at that speed, though. Heh heh.

Goza
Jan 22, 2003, 09:18 AM
If you could see them. Possibly you'd just stand there, or maybe make the final motion, and all 6 damage numbers would pop up in sequence.

Phebes
Jan 22, 2003, 09:26 AM
That would jazz me to no end!

I could kill with nothing but the look in my eyes..

Too bad I can't use daggers in the first place, heh... Maybe a mechgun.

Once I find a pair of God/Battles (which I supposively have the means to do, considering my ID and current open areas), I'll prolly experiment and find out for myself.

Goza
Jan 22, 2003, 09:38 AM
Let me know how it goes. I'm not sure I can find one between my IDs. At least not anytime soon.

Hiirigazawa
Jan 22, 2003, 10:02 AM
They don't stack. But God/Battle is the greatest, Devil/Battle or General/Battle just don't compare.
Wouldn't be able to live without mine.

Phebes
Jan 22, 2003, 10:05 AM
On 2003-01-22 07:02, Hiirigazawa wrote:
They don't stack. But God/Battle is the greatest, Devil/Battle or General/Battle just don't compare.
Wouldn't be able to live without mine.

Aww, you killed all my math fun! But at least I have a tangable answer now.

Yeah, my General/Battles are so insignificant, I can't tell if they change with multiples, let alone even change my speed at all with just one equiped... Heh, I need to go out and find a God/Battle soon, I guess.

Thankie. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Davion
Jan 22, 2003, 11:02 AM
Dang, forget Daggers. Think of mechs with that speed.

Wang_Tang
Jan 22, 2003, 11:19 AM
battle units dont stack no matter who says that they do.

Elusive_Llama
Jan 22, 2003, 11:21 AM
Mechguns with God/Battle can throw you off if you're not careful with the timing. The shots come out so fast that you have to be a little more precise as to when you hit the button.

GandorDurin
Jan 22, 2003, 12:32 PM
God/Battle with a mechgun almost makes it look like less bullets are being shot.

The numbers are so close together and the shooting sound is only twice in the last two parts of the combo instead of three times. (Power attacks, at least.)

I'm not sure if it's two or three shots, but it would seem kind of dumb if wearing a God/Battle took away some of a mechgun's attacks...

Can anyone verify if it's still 9 (power) hits?

Davion
Jan 22, 2003, 12:54 PM
Back on DC, I found 3 God/battles in Vhard ruins. There was no speed change when I used all of them.

Zack_Morris
Jan 22, 2003, 01:40 PM
So one god/battle is all you need to find? Cause I know the other /units stack.

Goldstix69
Jan 22, 2003, 01:49 PM
dam it and all of this time that i've been useing 2 devil/battles i thought that I had 40% increase. well I guess that I have an open slot in my armor for something. NE1 want to trade me something for my other devil/battle. PM if you do cause I don't need it now.

Noir
Jan 22, 2003, 03:12 PM
So... stacking a General/Battle and Devil/Battle won't create an artificial God/Battle?

eRUPT
Jan 22, 2003, 03:23 PM
Never has in any version of PSO and I would bet for sure never will. Especially now that God/Battles are so much more rare then previously.

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 22, 2003, 04:00 PM
But when I use my 3 god/battles, it seems like more speed than 1 god/battle

harmfulcow
Jan 22, 2003, 07:30 PM
you could stack god battle on dreamcast i had 3 and i shot uber fast