PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to find GOOD items offline?

llxerollenyce
Jan 22, 2003, 10:01 AM
I have found nothing but sabers, swords, handguns! Im kinda weak though (lvl 12 force). Im in caves and back in version 1. I would be able to find BRANDS at least!. I cant find anything but the saber! not even a wand!. Im pinkal ID by the way.

Whne i played my version 2 offline i found nothing. I found no DB sabers or flowens sword or anything. Maybe im just impatient but i wanna go thru the game with good weapons. Can someone tell me when the items actually get good?

llxerollenyce
Jan 22, 2003, 10:05 AM
And how come it is so hard to find MESETA!! I dont think it was THIS hard back in DC. The bad guys drop 10 meseta a time!. The items that i find are crap and yield 50 a time!. This is hard for a force who is low lvled and needs fluids WHILE raising a mag!

Davion
Jan 22, 2003, 10:32 AM
Being a force is hard when it comes to cash. And yes, you can find good items offline. I got my chainsawd and magic rock "moola" offline.

VulpesMundi
Jan 22, 2003, 12:06 PM
The item drop system was completely reworked for E1&2. Even basic item drops show up later in this version. For example, using Normal mode: Brands and Autoguns used to start appearing in Cave 2, now they start appearing in Cave 3. Busters and Lockguns used to start appearing in Mine 2, now that start appearing in Ruins 2. Pallaschs and Railguns used to start appearing in Ruins 3, now they don't start appearing until Hard Ruins 2. You'll also find that there are no longer any common special weapon drops. You find basic weapons (ie. Gladius, Laser, Scepter) all the way through Ultimate. Armor is also worth only a fraction of what it used to cost. For example: a 4-slot Ultimate Frame bought from the shop used to cost nearly 400k meseta. Now it's around 65k.

Ron
Jan 22, 2003, 12:53 PM
hmm best rare offline I've gotten has been a few gae bolgs 2 yamatos that card dropped by del rol le (I forget what its called) and a gobomas claw all in hard and Vhard though

so yes there are good rares offline as for the things being cheaper sadly yes... ten meseta for a goboomas claw O_o;; ... and I'm hurting for 4 slot armor so far I've managed by just picking up armor with 1 or 2 slots and weapons with high %s that I dont need and selling them also my mag is sadly not getting as much attention as I would like to give it only LV100 me being LV41 heh times are tough in hte world of PSO... yet I kinda like it...

Elusive_Llama
Jan 22, 2003, 01:38 PM
Just start off with a Hunter/Ranger, sell the crap you pick up then twink your Force up with loads of cash, twinky weapons/armor/units and twinky spells.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Jan 22, 2003, 01:41 PM
Meseta for mag feeding really isn't a problem as long as you leave the Fake in Yellow quest unfinished. ^_^

Slaughter the birdies, sell the armor, cancel the quest, and repeat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I've noticed the game is more stingy with slotted armor than the DC version.. I'm up to Ruins 3 in Hard mode, and have only seen 2 4-slot armor/frames. :/

Soul
Jan 22, 2003, 01:43 PM
I'd have to say the rares you can find offline is staggering compared to the DC version. I got a 10 star s-parts 2.0 for my android in normal mode at the mines-first room. Got a photon claw in the first 20 hours as compared to the 150 it took me on DC. The monster parts drop at a good rate, some of them are useful weapons. Just keep playing.

Ghaleon
Jan 22, 2003, 01:51 PM
best rare ive found offline is a demolition comet. very nice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghaleon on 2003-01-22 12:49 ]</font>

Mike
Jan 22, 2003, 02:02 PM
I've recieved all my rares offline because I have yet to buy a hunter's licesnce! You just need to go up a number of levels.

skaterboi209
Jan 22, 2003, 02:04 PM
what about offline multiplayer does that increase chances of findin a rare cuz i have a brother and we will play all the time.

eXo
Jan 22, 2003, 03:15 PM
Hmm well im not sure about the item drop rate, but i have notice that when your in multiplayer,the monsters hp & dmg are the same as when you go online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif . So i assume that the item rate increases as well.

Sasarai
Jan 22, 2003, 03:47 PM
I'm relatively new to the PSO world, just bought the GC Version when it was released. I have a lvl 54 RAmar, and I seem to have no trouble with Meseta or slotted armors. I've found, and bought a myriad of 4 slot armors throughout Hard Mode, though I never found any 4 slots in normal.

My section ID is Greenill (sp?) perhaps section IDs affect that as well? (Just a guess.)

As far as rare items, I've found 2 Grass Assassin's Arms which I made into G-Assassin's Sabers.

I've also found:

(2)Custom Ray Ver.00
(7) Varista (NO MORE!!)
(1) Musashi
(2) Blade Dance
(1) Club of Laconium

To name a few.

I know most of these are only 9 star weapons, but still relatively rare I'd imagine. I seem to find most rares while questing, perhaps you could try playing quests and cancelling them before you finish?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasarai on 2003-01-22 12:59 ]</font>

XxDarkShadowxX
Jan 22, 2003, 06:13 PM
I know how you feel...

I went through normal and I then got used to finding all the crap that they drop.

Then I go to hard... they start dropping a lot more... YAY!!!

Oh, if you're a force, and if you're playing on the gamecube version... you should play with friends... that way you can level up faster and when you get to LV. 20 you can go to hard mode on multiplayer.

I found...
4 Varistas (damn things)
1 Crush Bullet
1 Inferno Bazooka
1 Vjaya
2 Rappy's Fan
1 DB's Saber
1 Flowen's Sword

I'm still playing on hard... only lv. 46

TheoYumei
Jan 23, 2003, 02:30 AM
My friend got his Elision offline.

Goldstix69
Jan 23, 2003, 03:14 AM
Hell ya you can. Today me and my friend were playing all day. In total this is what we found.

1 DB's Saber-forest
2 Varista(one being 20/10/0/20/20)-caves
1 AddSlot-forest box
1 Talis-Del Rol Le
1 Musashi-Dragon

All of this was found on Hard difficulty playing with a lv.62 HUmar(Redria) and a lv.33 FOmarl(Pinkal).

Yesterday playing an Hard as well we ran into a Al Rappy. We got a diska from that guy. We also got a club a laconium, varista and something else I can't remember right now.

Just keep hunting and LVing UP. You will find more rares as the difficulty increases.

Annoy
Jan 23, 2003, 08:29 PM
Hmmm....well...with my Oran HUmar I've managed to find Offline:

4 Varistas (at least)
Far too many DB's Sabers
Far Too many Bloody Arts (found 4 in one run of Ruins 1 Offline)
2 Cross Scars
1 Inferno Bazooka
5 bazillion Club or Laconiums (not really...but it's not a big exxageration)
2 Flowens Sword (9 Star)
2 Secret Gears
And um...a couple of God/TPs
oh...and an Elysion

Then I would go through and name the stuff I found with my Bluefull FOneweral...but I'm lazy so I won't

Seph5172
Jan 23, 2003, 08:38 PM
for as easy as you can find varistas, you should be able to double wield them and do rolls and act as a.... oh, ill just shut up.

Majikthise
Jan 24, 2003, 11:16 AM
So far in offline (at level 68), I've found:

1 Yamato
2 Varistas
1 Crush Bullet
2 DB's Sabers
1 Flowen's Sword
1 Mace of Adaman
1 Club of Laconium (I'm glad that got toned down. I used to find about 15 in each run of an area)
1 Hero/Ability
1 Visk _
1 Wals // don't remember the numbers

Enemy parts:
1 Grass Assassin's Arms
2 Gobomba's Arms
1 Delsaber's Left Arm

And just for good measure, I actually found a gun with 85% to Native today. Almost pooped myself over that one.

Shinji
Jan 24, 2003, 11:25 AM
90% of the good stuff I find is offline... mainly because I don't go picking up stuff when I'm online. Between my 4 characters, I've found 2 Demo, Guardianna, Fatsia, God/TP, 4 HP/Revivals, 2 Red Hangun, magic rock "Moola", Red Scropio, and bunch of other good stuff that I forget.

ShieldDragon
Jan 24, 2003, 12:05 PM
More time logged on the game = better items.

Besides, all the REALLY good stuff is on Ultimate.

Makaze
Jan 24, 2003, 02:51 PM
I'd have to say most of the rarer items i've found have been found offline as well, like my demo comet, sange, chain sawd, red daggers and slicers to name a few.

ishitori
Jan 24, 2003, 07:22 PM
Tons of rares are available offline but the exceptions are the ones you have to buy with photon drops as well as stuff from the holiday rappies, special online only quests, etc. It is very annoying... I have all these rares that could be turned into much better rares if only I could go online and spend photon drops to get the other part.

I have noticed that the first time I play through an area (at a given difficulty level) often seems to be the time I get the most rares from that area.
The first time I played through ep 2 mountain on vhard, I got 5 rares. I rarely see a rare there now (ha ha).

Also, I'm still trying to figure out if there is a connection between critical hits and rares. Sometimes it seems like monster part drops may be related to critical hits.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ishitori on 2003-01-24 16:26 ]</font>

Elixer
Jan 25, 2003, 12:16 AM
you can find good items online and offline. if you find one offline at least you wont have to worry about someone taking it before you can get to it

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 25, 2003, 12:07 PM
I only play offline ,and I have plenty of good stuff
Demolition Comet
god/Battle etc.

Skatch
Jan 25, 2003, 01:17 PM
lvl69, and have played nothing but offline.

Ive gotten well over a dozen 10 star items. Heck, I got over 6 secret gears alone. o.O

GHETTORANGER
Jan 27, 2003, 08:04 PM
yo just get kill rare monsters and they'll drop rare weapons

Oranjuice
Jan 28, 2003, 09:30 PM
Lvl 78 Fomar. Most of the rares I find are on hard and vhard. Keep getting concussions from being knocked over the head in ultimate. I only play offline. My brothers and I play and get more rares together than when I play alone, or they play alone. You just have to be patient. And keep playing the levels you want rares from. I remember on dc version 1, I got more rares/better rares when I played a certain lvl a lot. Time is also another factor. Play through a mode, beat it but don't forget to go back to it. That's how I found 2 add slots, an elysion, mahu and magic rock Moola.

Eumcoz
Jan 28, 2003, 10:17 PM
In the last 2 days, offline, i found:

3x Flowen sword
3x db saber
mushi
booma claw
inferno bazooka
Last Survivor

so, yes you can find items.

God-Slayer
Jan 28, 2003, 11:01 PM
Found my God/Power and Asuka offline. The odds are just as likely to find stuff offline as it is online if you're by yourself. (besides online only items of course http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )