PDA

View Full Version : Out of these 3, which are better?

Frana
May 14, 2008, 12:18 PM
My friend gave me 3 old PS1 Games, Breath of fire 4, legend of mana, and soul blade. they're pretty beat up, and I wanna know which ones I should get buffed first, I've only got enough money to have family video do one right now...

Kylie
May 14, 2008, 12:23 PM
The only one I've played from that list is BoF4, and I can't remember much about it. That must mean that I wasn't too impressed and played it very briefly. I've honestly never heard of the others. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CelestialBlade
May 14, 2008, 12:36 PM
Breath of Fire 4 is meh, Legend of Mana is pretty terrible aside from the soundtrack, and I can't speak for Soul Blade.

Sord
May 14, 2008, 12:52 PM
buff Soul Blade

Jaspaller
May 14, 2008, 12:52 PM
Breath of fire 4

granis1233
May 14, 2008, 01:36 PM
soul blade was just plan crap but BOF4 was the bomb

SubstanceD
May 14, 2008, 02:24 PM
I actually enjoyed Legend of Mana. Out of all the Mana games, this is my favorite in the series. I should point out however that I am defently in the minority here, most gamers hate Legend of Mana with a passion. They had high hopes for this game after Secret of Mana and most gamers did not care for the new gameplay format.

Breath of Fire 4 is an okay game. I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would ( Breath of Fire 3 is my favorite game game in the series so I obviously had high hopes for the sequel ) but that does not mean it is a bad game. It's actually very enjoyable in certain bits. It's also the safest bet, if you can only afford to restore 1 of these games then make it it this one.

I can't think of a single reason why you should waste your time with Soul Blade. It's not that it is bad game ( very good for it's time ) but your better off playing one of this games many sequels.

AC9breaker
May 14, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hells no Soul Blade was the shit. FYI Soul Blade is the the first game in the Soul Calibur series. The intro is fucking sweet you could lock swords and lose your weapon then have to punch your way out. That game was waaaaaaaaaaay better then Tekken. BoF4 is all right your basic run of the mill Jip-Jap weeaboo rpg. It still pales in comparison to BoF2 though which is the best in the series but its better then most of the current RPGs out now like say Lost Odyssey.

As for SoM never got into those games.

Vitamin_D
May 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
Of those 3, Soul Blade by FAR. There's a ton of content on that disc, and the gameplay still holds up very well. Legend of Mana sucks. I don't sell games that often, but I sure as hell sold this one. I never played Secret of Mana so I only hold it to its own standard. With that said, still try it, you might like it. As for Breath of Fire 4, it's ok I suppose. The games preceding it (namely 2 and 3) are much better. Anyway, yeah, Soul Blade is your best choice.

Shadowpawn
May 14, 2008, 04:28 PM
I would buff BoF4, you'll get much more replay value out of it than Soul Blade or Legend of Mana.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2008-05-14 15:53 ]</font>

Toadthroat
May 14, 2008, 05:05 PM
Soul Blade.
Breath of Fire 4 is okay but it pales in comparison to the other BoF's and just other RPGs in general on the PS1.

McLaughlin
May 14, 2008, 09:07 PM
I'd have to vote Soul Blade as well.

Monochrome
May 14, 2008, 09:49 PM
Soul Blade. Fun, lots to unlock, great soundtrack, great intro. I still miss the quick changing of morning>day>evening>night that occurs during soul blade fights.

darkante
May 15, 2008, 08:17 AM
Breath of Fire 4. It got itīs cartonish rpg charm that i like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soul Blade is really good too for a fighting game.
Fun weapon depended game, music is interesting and background is nice.

Powder Keg
May 15, 2008, 11:42 AM
On 2008-05-14 10:36, Typheros wrote:
Breath of Fire 4 is meh, Legend of Mana is pretty terrible aside from the soundtrack, and I can't speak for Soul Blade.

I thought BOF4 was good, but 3 was better.

QFT for Legend of Mana.

Soul Blade is nice, if you're used to Soul Calibur you'll feel like you're disabled...but I started with that one so I like it.

Raine_Loire
May 15, 2008, 01:49 PM
I like legend of mana, actually. It was cute and fun. I admit to getting a walkthrough off the internet though. Breath of fire games are fun, though- probably more so than LoM. I don't know about the 3rd.

eXo
May 17, 2008, 12:47 AM
Soul Blade FTW ... when cervantes was the best thing since slice bread hahahaha