PDA

View Full Version : Exam Cram

Stormsworder
May 15, 2008, 07:36 PM
Okay, for so many weeks I thought I would be coming back over the summer after I got home from the Christian cruise next week and taking my exams at school then. (Exams are next week). Well, go to talk to the principal about taking my Physics one early, and he just tells me out of the blue that I'm taking ALL of my exams early. On FRIDAY. I haven't even gotten all the right answers yet for the Zoology review, haven't even been TOLD what to study for in Art I, have to cram a bunch of student-made reviews for Spanish I, and pray that I can remember enough from Physics even when the teacher was gone. Normally this wouldn't be so bad if I had a few more days to study (I just got the Physics review today). So, I got all that, and two tests to take in Physics... -_- Man, I'm stressing...

amtalx
May 15, 2008, 07:49 PM
You should probably stop posting and hit the books. Good luck.

Kylie
May 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
Ouch, that sucks. Hopefully it'll all work out, and you'll do well.

McLaughlin
May 15, 2008, 09:04 PM
Last year I went four days with no sleep and conked out near the end of my math exam.

Good luck.

Randomness
May 18, 2008, 12:32 AM
Given what I know about how memory works... I wonder if studying is best done right before bed, so its in your short-term when your brain starts copying and reliving during sleep and dreams?

Stormsworder
May 18, 2008, 09:57 AM
I dunno. I mean, I made a 100 on the Art I exam I had gotten the material for about 5 minutes beforehand and made a 92 or so on the Spanish I exam (granted I had ten bonus points added on)

Dunno about Zoology and Physics though.

DreXxiN
May 19, 2008, 09:31 AM
Get to the books man. Take several breaks though, trust me, it'll keep you engaged in the long run as long as you are focused to meeting your test goals.

Kent
May 19, 2008, 11:22 AM
If you're going into the major crunch period... Get to it.

My advice? Every hour, take a 5~15 minute break. Play some Tetris, or something that keeps your mind online, but at the same time, is very relaxing. Simply puzzle games work best, but don't go into anything really thought-heavy, like a strategy game (or some RPGs). Oh, and plenty of water. It also helps to get up and get around during the breaks, just to reinforce that you're not working/studying at the moment.