PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Movie!!!!!

ImStillBetterThanU
Jan 22, 2003, 03:45 PM
I was just at IGNcube.com and they are making a Metroid movie! Oh I can't wait for this. Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like the Mario Bros. movie.... :

Kent
Jan 22, 2003, 03:49 PM
I'm still waiting for the American McGee's Alice and Max Payne movies...

DeathCheese87
Jan 22, 2003, 04:12 PM
On 2003-01-22 12:49, Kent wrote:
I'm still waiting for the American McGee's Alice and Max Payne movies...

alice sounds like a good movie.

hahah, and i bet 10 to 1 ridley will be in the movie. he would make a good computer-generated antagonist.

Deathscythealpha
Jan 22, 2003, 04:40 PM
Metroid would probably make a good movie, better then some of the other games that have been lisenced out for movies (The Sims comes to mind...).

My only fear would be that it will turn out like Judge Dread by forcing Samus to have her helmet off for most of the movie. Theyll most likly ruin some of the Metroid mythos why they are at it. Hopefully they can get the director of Mortal Kombat and Residet Evil (the only good game movies) to direct it.

Even better they could just do an anime version.

Dabra
Jan 22, 2003, 06:33 PM
They even said a while back they were reviewing Metal gear solid and Halo to see if they make into good movies....wonder what happened to that thought.

IceBlink
Jan 22, 2003, 07:46 PM
Metal Gear Solid is literally playing a movie anyway, so it probably wouldn't have worked. o_O

I just hope they don't add romance into this new Metroid movie... o_o

*hears lots of irate 2000AD fans ranting at Judge Dredd movie*

harmfulcow
Jan 22, 2003, 07:47 PM
interesting thought

Elixer
Jan 22, 2003, 07:51 PM
cool metroid is a good game the movie i hope will be good to.

Nidarrock
Jan 22, 2003, 07:53 PM
As much as I love Metroid there are better games to be made into movies. Now I'm not bashing Metroid in no way even though it sounded like it, I think it would be awesome to see Samus on the big screen. I still feel a movie based on Final Fantasy VII would be a better choice. Halo as well would make an excellent action flick. Being that Metal Gear Solid IS practically a movie I think it would lend itself to be easier to create. But as always movie makers that make game based movies have to apease both the game fans AND the common public.

I would tend to agree about the Judge Dredd thing. Keep her helmet ON!!!!!!

RavenTW
Jan 22, 2003, 08:21 PM
Say WHAT??????

And this isn't some crap thats like "the adventures after the games". This looks like it's the original Metroid game! Can't wait to see Kraid, Ridley, and Mother Brain on the screen!

*faints*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2003-01-22 17:23 ]</font>

dude3282
Jan 22, 2003, 08:36 PM
I wanna see a better Final Fantasy movie, but Metroid will do for now. Definitely.

Kent
Jan 22, 2003, 08:50 PM
I want to see a good Final Fantasy movie. Or at least one that relates to the Final Fantasy series by means other than just the name.

Bloodberry
Jan 22, 2003, 09:44 PM
If they keep it dark and serious, it would be good. If they made it light-hearted, created an ugly costume made of plastic (I don't know why this comes to mind, really,) then it'll be horrible. Who would play samus, though?

RuneLateralus
Jan 22, 2003, 10:06 PM
I hope they keep as true to the game as possible by keeping it dark and NO CHEESY romance story. Then the movie will be most watchable.

Yay for Metroid!

RavenTW
Jan 22, 2003, 10:12 PM
On 2003-01-22 18:44, Bloodberry wrote:
If they keep it dark and serious, it would be good. If they made it light-hearted, created an ugly costume made of plastic (I don't know why this comes to mind, really,) then it'll be horrible. Who would play samus, though?

You mean like that suit they had for the Prime commercial? Man that thing sucked hard.

And as long as the girl was blonde and could act well, it's fine. She *hopefully* will be behind a mask anyway.

Celestial
Jan 22, 2003, 10:41 PM
it will probably end up looking like the metroid commercials

Kent
Jan 23, 2003, 01:02 AM
It's probably going to be mostly CG, or CG creatures and armor on filmed sets.

I doubt they'd be able to make really good looking armor without computers... if they used a real actor, they'd probably just make the shape of it in a blue/green suit and apply the graphics afterward...

Hell, why do that when you could just make the 3D model and MoCap away? Then for things like the Space Jump and wall-flipping, you'd go straight for the computers and animate from there.

...Or they could pull a Splinter Cell and just film people doing things and make the animations by hand to look like what the real people did...

pixelate
Jan 23, 2003, 01:13 AM
How about Charlize Theron (http://perso.wanadoo.es/sergio.casasola/char29.jpg) for the role?

AnimalMother
Jan 23, 2003, 05:47 AM
As long as 98% of the movie is about kicking alien ass than it will be a good movie. All action no romance or any stupid crap like that.

Moo2u
Jan 23, 2003, 11:49 AM
Sounds cool, but gaming movies in the past haven't realy been way up there. The best gaming moveis I'd have to say are Resident Evil and Final Fantasy (even thought it wan't really a Final Fantasy movie, it was stil good in my oppinion.)

Nidarrock
Jan 23, 2003, 12:47 PM
I think they could possibly make a decent "real" armor if they made something similar to the Fusion suit. It would most likely look like something out of Batman though. The biggest problem with Metroid turning into a movie is there is no real character interaction. I mean you play as Samus and she never interacts with anything other than the baddies, minus Adam from Fusion, but I don't think a computer helps things too much. Nintendo & Co. better keep themselves involved or else it could get frelled up. I don't know how much say they had in Super Mario Brothers. Well we shall see if anyone decides to write and direct it.

Trentdaddy
Jan 24, 2003, 09:36 AM
I read the review on the game "the Getaway" for the ps2(its similar to GTA, they say its more like a movie but its a little too linear). It got a 9 in Game infomer and they said it was more better a movie than a game(i think, i know they said it was movie like or something similar). Maybe that may end up being a good movie if they made it.

As for metroid i have no comment, i really like the games(i might be becoming a met fan now)but i'm just not sure about the movie.

Para
Jan 25, 2003, 03:11 PM
i liked that mario bros movie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

except how bowser was....
and the whole koopa gang... -_-

SimonBelmont
Jan 25, 2003, 04:26 PM
It will probably suck like most video game movies.

Ian D
Jan 25, 2003, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I really hate movies that are based on video games, I don't think there is a movie out there that does it's video game predecessor any justice. (Excluding a few Anime.)