PDA

View Full Version : Lost screensaver (Chemical Brothers)

Firocket1690
May 16, 2008, 01:23 AM
Dang.

About ... seven years ago, I visited Japan. Saw some dude had an awesome screensaver in a shop window. I asked him where he got it, and he said it was from the chemical brothers. Sure enough, I found it (back then), downloaded, used, coolest thing ever.

'cept that was then. Earlier tonight, I had a sudden strange urge to dig it up again, after realizing how usefully ugle the Polar Clock is. I went off to dig it up. A google search result for chems.exe (http://www.google.com/search?q=chems.exe&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) finds a Toshiba-EMI site with a link to where it used to be. Countries outside of Japan aren't cool enough to host it, so its not on the current website. Current website is updated with two generic lookin' screensavers to advertise their new album, and push the button (released late 2004)

as for the thing itself, I remember it used to be named chems.exe, and was hosted on Toshiba's site. In Japanese. The screensaver installs itself after opening said exe, and it flash based. The design is.. a bit hard to describe. Trimmed top/bottom landscape. Seven 'people' are shown with a disco/flashy light background. The seven 'people' are made of capsules and circles. They dance around, and their limbs are disconnected. After a while, they split altogether and spell out CHEMICAL. Then each of the others fade out and one of the colour/people comes up and does a individual solo. I think the colours are/were red/orange/white/green/blue/purple/black.

thanks in advance