PDA

View Full Version : Mag extension, 065'ers and naggers: A social commentary

TheFonz
May 16, 2008, 11:13 PM
Actually the title's a little confusing so I better make it clear now; this isn't about why I think people getting 065 should "shut the hell up", I could change the title but we live in such an era where everything moves so fast, there really is too little time to look back! Whoops,

Anyways, with the inclusion of a MAG extension, there was a brief period of ambiguity. Are we forced to work our ass' off for another two weeks? Is there now more of a chance I'll be knocked off the top spot/top 500? During this period, it made me realise how bad leader boards really are.

The moment a leader board is implemented in a game where team work supposedly comes first, is the exact moment where the game stops being "fun" and starts becoming a chore. With people nagging here and there ("I worked so frickin hard for my Spread, now another 500 people can get it?!" "The prices are going to fall and I worked so hard for it!" "Some people are going to get 2 spread's out of this AND NOW I'M FORCED TO WORK MY ASS OFF AGAIN SO I CAN BE LIKE THEM!!") surely they're being a little, dare I say it, selfish?

Think of the 065'ers people! At least you guys had the option to play 22 hours a day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif so what do I think about Leader boards? Never again, not on PSU - it seems to have brought the worst out of people.

TL;DR: Square Enix have 3,164 employees as of March 31, 2007.

Weeaboolits
May 16, 2008, 11:27 PM
I'm confused as to the relevance of the number of employees at Square Enix.

Alastor_Haven
May 16, 2008, 11:27 PM
What?

D1ABOLIK
May 16, 2008, 11:29 PM
PSU felt like a chore way before leaderboards my friend.

GuardianElite
May 16, 2008, 11:32 PM
On 2008-05-16 21:13, TheFonz wrote:
Actually the title's a little confusing so I better make it clear now; this isn't about why I think people getting 065 should "shut the hell up", I could change the title but we live in such an era where everything moves so fast, there really is too little time to look back! Whoops,

Anyways, with the inclusion of a MAG extension, there was a brief period of ambiguity. Are we forced to work our ass' off for another two weeks? Is there now more of a chance I'll be knocked off the top spot/top 500? During this period, it made me realise how bad leader boards really are.

The moment a leader board is implemented in a game where team work supposedly comes first, is the exact moment where the game stops being "fun" and starts becoming a chore. With people nagging here and there ("I worked so frickin hard for my Spread, now another 500 people can get it?!" "The prices are going to fall and I worked so hard for it!" "Some people are going to get 2 spread's out of this AND NOW I'M FORCED TO WORK MY ASS OFF AGAIN SO I CAN BE LIKE THEM!!") surely they're being a little, dare I say it, selfish?

Think of the 065'ers people! At least you guys had the option to play 22 hours a day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif so what do I think about Leader boards? Never again, not on PSU - it seems to have brought the worst out of people.

TL;DR: Square Enix have 3,164 employees as of March 31, 2007.

Son, how many times I told you to lay off the drugs? sheesh when I was your age we did things outside.

TheFonz
May 16, 2008, 11:41 PM
On 2008-05-16 21:29, D1ABOLIK wrote:
PSU felt like a chore way before leaderboards my friend.

I think I forgot to add how, although rare hunting has always been a chore, temporary leader boards take that "chore-dom" and multiplies it by 10. That's for anyone who actually wants to be on the leader board though, but I guess the same applies about rare hunting.

vxpulse
May 16, 2008, 11:45 PM
... lurk moar - the current ladder ends on the 22nd - they will start with a new board for two weeks after the 22nd so everyone who's still on the ladder board will still be rewarded. the only down side is that now there will be 1000 spread needles instead of only 500

Kanore
May 17, 2008, 12:33 AM
Okay, I had absolutely no clue what your point was so I tried to run it through babelfish. English to Japanese because it's so totally kawaii to make everything Japanese. Then I realized, hey, I can't read this, and ran it through babelfish again.

It made more sense!

Actually title' So it confuses that now it can point s.a me a little better clearly; This isn' Whether why concerning you think of the people where I have obtained 065 as for t " It should, is; " Tighten; As for me it is possible to change title, but the time of the just little we in that kind of times when everything moves so fast, really are there and see you have lived! Scream, in any case, it met with the inclusion of MAG extension and, there was a 昧 characteristic shortly period. As for us our ass' which are forced; It is because it can use; Already, separated from because of 2 weeks? Chance I' To be many now it is; Is ll hit from the point or on 500 above separated? Between this periods, how really there is a leader board which is bad to me you make that be conscious. The strict time when the leader board comes, is the team in regard to presumption first " When so the game stop which is being executed with the game which works; fun" And the start which becomes the chore. Having been troubled here and there, the people (" I therefore as for eager frickin for my extent, now already can work and obtain alone 500 human that?! " " As for price it goes down even, as for me it worked so eagerly because of that! " " People 2 spread' of some person; It has been about to obtain; This and now I' Empty s; M where it is forced because my donkey can be used for the second time so I call, even with those ways!! ") Certainly they' Re-a little, do that I am said boldly selfishness, certain thing? 065' Think concerning; The people of ers! Something which you think me at least thing of the leader board had the day selection which so does 22 hours? Never for the second time, with PSU which is not - it is worst it seems that it comes having from the people. TL; DR: In [enitsukusu] in square there are 3,164 employees on as of 2007 March 31st.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kanore on 2008-05-16 22:33 ]</font>

zantetsuken
May 17, 2008, 01:09 AM
On 2008-05-16 22:33, Kanore wrote:
Okay, I had absolutely no clue what your point was so I tried to run it through babelfish. English to Japanese because it's so totally kawaii to make everything Japanese. Then I realized, hey, I can't read this, and ran it through babelfish again.

It made more sense!

Actually title' So it confuses that now it can point s.a me a little better clearly; This isn' Whether why concerning you think of the people where I have obtained 065 as for t " It should, is; " Tighten; As for me it is possible to change title, but the time of the just little we in that kind of times when everything moves so fast, really are there and see you have lived! Scream, in any case, it met with the inclusion of MAG extension and, there was a 昧 characteristic shortly period. As for us our ass' which are forced; It is because it can use; Already, separated from because of 2 weeks? Chance I' To be many now it is; Is ll hit from the point or on 500 above separated? Between this periods, how really there is a leader board which is bad to me you make that be conscious. The strict time when the leader board comes, is the team in regard to presumption first " When so the game stop which is being executed with the game which works; fun" And the start which becomes the chore. Having been troubled here and there, the people (" I therefore as for eager frickin for my extent, now already can work and obtain alone 500 human that?! " " As for price it goes down even, as for me it worked so eagerly because of that! " " People 2 spread' of some person; It has been about to obtain; This and now I' Empty s; M where it is forced because my donkey can be used for the second time so I call, even with those ways!! ") Certainly they' Re-a little, do that I am said boldly selfishness, certain thing? 065' Think concerning; The people of ers! Something which you think me at least thing of the leader board had the day selection which so does 22 hours? Never for the second time, with PSU which is not - it is worst it seems that it comes having from the people. TL; DR: In [enitsukusu] in square there are 3,164 employees on as of 2007 March 31st.

I lol'd.

Edgard
May 17, 2008, 02:35 AM
To TheFonz,

Shut the fuck up and stop whining.... if you had been denied a service for which you had payed you would have complained too.

About the new leader board, if its such a chore to be on the list then don't try to be on it. Do you even use shotguns or do you just want to sell it? Cause you could make real money if you get a job. All those hours that you painfully spent to be on the leader board could have earned you decent money or a fine looking girl.

Go ahead and get a second spread. I'll just keep playing psu when ever I have time or feel like it.

Powder Keg
May 17, 2008, 03:33 AM
The moment a leader board is implemented in a game where team work supposedly comes first, is the exact moment where the game stops being "fun" and starts becoming a chore.

Teamwork has 0 to do with the leaderboard. The totaly kill count, however does.

No one is forced to do anything. Spread Needle = overrated. I know everyone is different, but seriously there's a point where games can be taken too seriously, and this is it.

TheFonz
May 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
On 2008-05-16 21:45, vxpulse wrote:
... lurk moar - the current ladder ends on the 22nd - they will start with a new board for two weeks after the 22nd so everyone who's still on the ladder board will still be rewarded. the only down side is that now there will be 1000 spread needles instead of only 500

Lurk moar? Did I miss the memo telling me its hypocrisy day or is this some elaborate joke where a dude with 7 posts (hence a lurker) hilariously tells another to "lurk moar" before excreting faeces through his finger tips? Basically, what you've said in your post has already been established in the OP.

On 2008-05-17 00:35, Edgard wrote:
To TheFonz,

Shut the fuck up and stop whining.... if you had been denied a service for which you had payed you would have complained too.

About the new leader board, if its such a chore to be on the list then don't try to be on it. Do you even use shotguns or do you just want to sell it? Cause you could make real money if you get a job. All those hours that you painfully spent to be on the leader board could have earned you decent money or a fine looking girl.

Go ahead and get a second spread. I'll just keep playing psu when ever I have time or feel like it.

Did your eyes seriously pop out your face the moment you clicked on this thread? Because I can't think of any other explanation (other than your mother having bleach as opposed to milk in her tits) as to how you missed the first fucking line of my original post.

You pretty much proved my bloody point with your sympathy for 065'ers. This isn't about crying over an extension, or whining about how we can't shit all over the unfortunate folk who couldn't even play this bleddy game, it's the complete polar fucking opposite. What you just said in your post is actually in agreement with everything I've said.

On 2008-05-17 01:33, Artea wrote:

Teamwork has 0 to do with the leaderboard. The totaly kill count, however does.

No one is forced to do anything. Spread Needle = overrated. I know everyone is different, but seriously there's a point where games can be taken too seriously, and this is it.

Right now I'm convinced, this board is actually called the Dead Retard: Society, the term "dead" being an emphasis to describe brain activity.

Total Kill count has barely anything to do with teamwork. Everyone can essentially solo rank C, thus negating the whole aspect of "team work" and yet we'd still manage get the necessary kills to reach our goals. And this isn't about Sega or anyone else forcing us to do anything, the whole point is how people are forcing themselves to remain on the leader board (or the number 1 spot) and then whining when Sega extended MAG, because they thought they'd have to work for longer.

Its about those whiners who couldn't give a shit about 065'ers or anyone but themselves. It's a bloody social commentary to how this whole leader board debacle has resulted in people whining and turning the whole game into a chore. They're getting competitive by working alone and killing this team work aspect, and then whining because 500 more people (who couldn't play the fucking game in the first place) now have a shot to get a Needle, something they worked "oh so hard" to get.

FUUUUUUUUUUCCKKK!!!!

Ahh thats better.

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 11:05 AM
Whoo hoo, another BAAAAAAAAAAWW fest.
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2001819576783355739_rs.jpg

Nai_Calus
May 17, 2008, 01:16 PM
Did everybody but me like, not real half of the OP? >_>;

Kylie
May 17, 2008, 01:39 PM
I knew how they'd be when Chill first flirted about them. I knew which people would be on it, and I knew what lengths some people would take it to. I even told the people straight they'd be miserable and hate the event after a week. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I was right for the most part. Heck, even I am tired of the event, and I could barely get half of 500's kill count if you combined ALL of my characters' kill counts. Should this be implemented again? To be honest, I don't care. I didn't take place in this leaderboard, and I wouldn't take place in another one. If people want one and want to go through the trouble of getting on one, it doesn't bother me if they get it. However, I will say it'd be nice for them to make it so the next one has more to it than "omg kill everything" or "omg kill everything fast." You know, like by race, level, class, and gender. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

CelestialBlade
May 17, 2008, 02:00 PM
What the hell? Forced to work hard?

There's two things wrong with that statement. One, you're not forced, so quit crying. Two, games != hard work. You want hard work? Go tear down your car and put it back together again, down to every last nut and bolt. Next person who says games are hard work is gettin shot in the freaking head.

TheOneHero
May 17, 2008, 03:51 PM
Lol, post count battle.

Powder Keg
May 17, 2008, 04:19 PM
Total Kill count has barely anything to do with teamwork. Everyone can essentially solo rank C, thus negating the whole aspect of "team work" and yet we'd still manage get the necessary kills to reach our goals. And this isn't about Sega or anyone else forcing us to do anything, the whole point is how people are forcing themselves to remain on the leader board (or the number 1 spot) and then whining when Sega extended MAG, because they thought they'd have to work for longer.

Total killcount is everyone's kills...so the more of us who kill enemies (whether soloing or not) is helping the entire community. Explain how that isn't teamwork.

Sychosis
May 17, 2008, 04:36 PM
065'ers should have shut up and took their rape like men.

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 04:40 PM
On 2008-05-17 14:36, Sychosis wrote:
065'ers should have shut up and took their rape like men.

You forget that alot of them haven't matured that far.

MayLee
May 17, 2008, 04:44 PM
Is the OP the same guy who cried about people will die of fatuige if they play another week of MAG on the official forums?

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 04:48 PM
Oh please, post a link or screenshot so I can roflmao.

MayLee
May 17, 2008, 05:02 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=78493

I lol'd hard.