PDA

View Full Version : Fighgunner Solo'ing

Scottbot
May 17, 2008, 10:13 AM
I've hit lvl 20 FG so im changing to fG for a while to try speed up solo'ing and build up a couple of PA's. of all the available ones for a fG which would say is best for speed solo'ing?? cheers.

Powder Keg
May 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
Yak Riga makes things less painful if you can level it to 21+

Scottbot
May 17, 2008, 10:54 AM
thats a bullet. sorry i meant skill.

xRedd206x
May 17, 2008, 11:02 AM
All double saber pas

DAMASCUS
May 17, 2008, 11:16 AM
Slicers too of course, but that goes without saying.

For the DS Gravity Dance is best for speed runs because it doesn't knockback and hits the most enemies at once.

Hrith
May 17, 2008, 11:20 AM
FG = Fortegunner
fG = Fortegunner

Your post makes no sense.

Spiral Dance, Tornado Dance, Absolute Dance, Assault Crush, Chikki Kyoren-jin, Hikai Shuha-zan, Cross Hurricane and Hishou Jinren-zan are the ones I'd recommend for soloing as Fighgunner.

Battlestar
May 17, 2008, 11:26 AM
FG = Fortegunner
fG = fighGunner

xRedd206x
May 17, 2008, 12:00 PM
The thread says Figunner=/

Scottbot
May 17, 2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the input guys, just lvled Spiral Dance and Assault Crush to lvl 21 which seems to help. I don't get what the confusion over my post is about tho?? It clearly states im changing from Fortegunner to Fighgunner doesnt it??

xRedd206x
May 17, 2008, 12:11 PM
yes

Kion
May 17, 2008, 12:12 PM
Don't forget traps.
poison traps for mid size mobs. The knock down helps a lot to get your bearings and as the DPS is a percentage of the enemies' HP, on mid ranged mobs poison does about as much as burn.
burn traps for large enemies (dur)
confuse traps for any time where you're surrounded. takes off some agro and allows you to get combos in.
damage traps can be used as a quick knock down to follow up with a just attack PA, but it takes up pallets space which should be used for healies, and can generally be substituted with a PA to begin with.

Ryudo
May 17, 2008, 12:27 PM
Absolute Dance & Cross Hurricane

They're the Jabroga and Majarra of Figh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mvffin
May 17, 2008, 12:42 PM
On 2008-05-17 10:08, Scottbot wrote:
Thanks for the input guys, just lvled Spiral Dance and Assault Crush to lvl 21 which seems to help. I don't get what the confusion over my post is about tho?? It clearly states im changing from Fortegunner to Fighgunner doesnt it??

Fi = Fighgunner. A lot of people hate the fG =/= FG crap.

Spiral Dance, Absolute Dance, Cross Hurricane, Assault Crush, Majarra, and Chikki are all good choices.

Davot
May 17, 2008, 12:49 PM
Spiral Dance, Assault Crush, Renkai Buyou Zan are the only SOLO pa's you must have.Spiral Dance is the best double saber pa (all of mine are at 40).Assualt isn't best for power but its quickest and deadliest.Renkaiis a crowd control pa.Just putting my 2 cents in.

majan
May 17, 2008, 01:04 PM
dus daggas/majarra-take your pick they both are awesome for just about anything. daggas is more of a big monster slayer, which it does extremely well,but in any case they both are intense.
splendor crush-very good for crowd control & damage if you can learn how to aim it. highly effective and i reccomend it. I hear mixed things about cross hurricane and to me it seems kinda slow, I haven't tried it. I'd rather stick with splendor.the last combo alone is worth getting the PA for,not only does it look fuckin awesome, but it deals a good amount of damage to a pretty huge range while popping up and blowing away too. good for mobs of vanda orgas.
hishou jinren-zan-awesome twin dagger PA and very good for high damage to big monster creatures. not the best for crowd control since you have very limited aiming motion once the PA has started,but its definitley very effective against big monsters with multiple targets. has a total of 10 or 11 hits and will be doing well over 1500 per target per hit while popping up. extremely easy to get the just attack.
gravity dance and tornado dance-gravity is THE crowd control pa. the AOI buff to the damage on the last hit makes it even better. great for mobs small and big alike. not something youd break out facing a drua gohra or something like that but good for just about everything else. tornado dance is useful just for getting places fast and dealing with really obnoxious mobs that you cant get under control without disabling EVERYTHING. just don't go using it against everything in the game because all itll do is piss off everybody else. nobody likes an obnoxious teammate. not a priority,but get tornado if you have the frags to spend,and use it wisely.

thats about all i have, I like to keep my builds nice and simple so that I can spend more of my play time leveling up and mastering a select few weapons and pa's rather than having 6 or 7 weapons that all have the PA level at 21-25.try to keep your build simple, and enjoy your fighgunner experience. fighgunners enjoy quite an advantage being able to balance all of this with a pretty nasty bullet attack. crossbows alone are stupidly powerful. couple that with twin mayalee(with zalure) at level 21+ and youve got yourself a soloing powerhouse.

Scottbot
May 17, 2008, 01:12 PM
oh so crossbows actually r good then?? i've never bothered wiv them..

xRedd206x
May 17, 2008, 01:20 PM
depends.... a double saber>cross bow!!!

majan
May 17, 2008, 01:27 PM
double saber is not better htan a crossbow..always,at least. crossbow as a gun is awesome and doublesaber as a strike weapon is awesome. behold:

yak zagenga(ultimate crossbow bullet art) gives good damage to every element while offering a bonus of doing bonus damage based on HP loss. on a level 130/20 cast fighgunner solid power S using cubo mambas +6 I do ~900 damage per bullet to level 140 creatures. granted this is while having 1hp,but if you know how to use strafe then you are good to go all you need to do is learn to dodge which Im sure you learned to do very well as a fortegunner. so thats 3 bullets,~900 damage each, firing slightly slower than a handgun. plugging all 3 bullets into the same target results in very eye popping damage,there's very little than can compare. sure shotguns do more raw damage but you cant strafe with them and they are slower. being able to strafe with the xbows makes it much easier to aim and plug all 3 bullets into one enemy.

theres one drawback: its a major pain to level up. but once you hit level 21,you wont be sorry. youll find yourself using them more than anything else. try it out.

SonicTMP
May 17, 2008, 01:46 PM
It's going to depend on where you are and what your fighting. There is no one PA, one weapon does it all. Try some stuff out and play with what weapons and PAs you enjoy. Then adjust your tatics as needed.

gryphonvii
May 17, 2008, 01:59 PM
absolutre dance takes a while to level up so if you want speed, stay away from this at least for the time being.

Chuck_Norris
May 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
On 2008-05-17 09:20, Hrith wrote:
FG = Fortegunner
fG = Fortegunner

Your post makes no sense.

Just call Fortegunner FG, and Fighgunner, FI or something. ¬_¬

Advent-
May 17, 2008, 02:45 PM
If you're going for Skill PA's, For double saber use Tornado dance. If you have a slicer, use Chikki.

gryphonvii
May 17, 2008, 02:48 PM
since your soloing, tornado is not bad since you don't worry about annoying anyone but spiral can do more damage. And choutou for slicers is incredibly powerful and alot faster than chikki.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gryphonvii on 2008-05-17 12:48 ]</font>

Ragna_Divide
May 18, 2008, 02:13 PM
To be perfectly honest, it's hard to go wrong with Spiral Dance as your only PA if you're not wanting to level multiple ones. First part knocks practically anything on its ass, second part deals great damage and blows things back with the second attack, and the third part not only does monstrous damage but throws things away. And it levels up very fast.

I used it for ages on my Fighgunner until I got kinda tired of seeing the same PA and expanded elsewhere. Now, I'm hardly saying that it's the best PA in all situations. It most certainly isn't. But it might be the best three-part 'general purpose' PA that I've levelled. The downside is that it's not very party-friendly if you use it past the first part (which doesn't deal much damage, though it's fantastic crowd control), as the second and third parts fling monsters in every direction. If you're in a group with gunners, no big deal... but many techers and hunters will get annoyed, and ultimately you may be slowing the party down by forcing people to chase monsters around.

Not that it's a concern in rooms like the final Mines and Ruins areas of MAG.

Though you mentioned soloing, you'll eventually be grouping (I would think...) and it's important to keep it in mind.

I'd also recommend Renzan Seidan-ga as a single target killer. It deals excellent damage, is highly controllable, and the movement of the PA keeps you mobile so that attacks tend to pass right behind you. On top of that, the sheer number of hits means that you're going to flinch the hell out of whatever you're aiming at without fear of a whiff allowing an attack to get through. And the second part knocks down bigger prey like Grass Assassins while hitting two locations / monsters. One downside is that it's kinda slow to level compared to Spiral Dance, but if you're only using two PAs it wouldn't be a big issue.

The other downside is that Fighgunners don't get S-rank Twin Claws, but honestly... woop dee doo. Liberally grind A rank weapons and you'll do just fine.

If you're insisting on something you can S-rank though, I'd suggest Twin Sabers and either Assault Crush or Cross Hurricane. They're both good, even if the last part of Cross Hurricane has far less range than it might appear to have. Things basically have to be standing right next to you, which is bad for a PA combo part that has a reaaaaally long windup. It does look badass and does great damage if you can set it up properly though.

And don't neglect your ranged abilities. Grab some Twin Ruby Bullets from MAG Mines asap.

I'm not a massive fan of Slicers, but try them out... maybe you'll like Chikki or Choutou. They're fun, but A) ungodly expensive in player shops compared to others and B) don't seem to kill fast enough when solo these days imo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragna_Divide on 2008-05-18 12:29 ]</font>

Scottbot
May 18, 2008, 02:25 PM
Funny u should all that. ive just been lvling my spiral dance linked on sweet death now in the 20's. I do use my twin rubys for picking things off. and i managed to buy the best A rank slicer board for 1000meseta from a shop hehe.

Gen2000
May 18, 2008, 03:38 PM
Best Slicer - Choutou, Chikki
Best Twin Saber you can get - Assault Crush, Rising Crush
Best Xbow you can get - Yak Zagenga (lv.30 Zagenga is just as strong as the element versions without being in critical health)
Best Double Saber you can get - Spiral Dance, Absolute Dance, Tornado Dance (for moving faster)
Best Twin Handguns you can get - all elements at lv.30
Traps

That's all you need really for fast FI destruction.

Ragna_Divide
May 18, 2008, 04:31 PM
... Rising Crush?