PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide my class!

dreamcaster0
May 17, 2008, 10:29 AM
Currently I'm trying to decide between -

Fortetecher
Wartecher
Guntecher

I'm looking for something that can fight well but can also be used as a support class. It also will be my first character so it would be nice to have something fairly good. Of those three, which would be the best for fighting and then a little bit of support? Currently I'm doing Newman Force (Fortetcher eventually), Beast Hunter (wartecher), CAST Ranger (Guntecher).

My problems - with the Force, when hunters bash things around I get annoyed with missing spells because the enemy flew halfway across the screen. Rangers can be annoying because I run out of ammo so fast, and Hunters -- well there are just millions of them and I don't want to be an extremely common class.

Help!

SabZero
May 17, 2008, 10:38 AM
If you don't want attack spells, GunTecher, otherwise WarTecher, they can switch to (two) handed weapons when the spells miss too much, and take it out on the enemy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just my opinion.

Kanore
May 17, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'm looking for something that can fight well but can also be used as a support class.

Acrotecher

... But if you must, Wartecher

MSAksion
May 17, 2008, 11:26 AM
Based on your description you sound PERFECT for a GUNTECHER.

-Get a giga/bullet pp save and you wont worry about ammunition.
-Left hand gun runs out of bullets you have right hand Wand to let left hand recharge.
-Healing at lvl 21+ has huge range and you can heal Hunters up front while staying long range.
-Guns to hit flying bosses
-Guns to hit any monster anywhere anytime.
-GT Specialty is Dodging while strafe Firing then using Wand as a "grenade"
-Current GT is lvl 40 bullet, lvl 30 Healing, lvl 20 TECH
-Rumor of lvl 30 Attack tech coming soon.
-S rank crossbow is unique and no one else can use it.
-Crossbow @lvl 21 is Status 3 effect at 3 shots for say 250~350 a shot for me a human GT. In one shot youre doing a thousand damage. imagine that with multiple shots. Youre burning lvl 3 the biggest monsters and freezing small ones while on the move with a Wand for healing and support attacking.

Kion
May 17, 2008, 11:39 AM
On 2008-05-17 08:29, dreamcaster0 wrote:
I'm looking for something that can fight well but can also be used as a support class. It also will be my first character so it would be nice to have something fairly good. Of those three, which would be the best for fighting and then a little bit of support? Currently I'm doing Newman Force (Fortetcher eventually), Beast Hunter (wartecher), CAST Ranger (Guntecher).

I don't really recommend a beast wartecher. The techs damage is limited, unless you have a sori tech charge and then you're eating through pp really fast. if you level your techs then they'll have enough range and be able to be utilized for side effects in combination with fighting. Beast is doable, but i recommend human so there's more of a balance between techs and skill damage to balance out and take advantage of both aspects of the class.

Wartecher is a class most people gravitate away from. Soon they'll have level 30 support techs which will help alot. The class does require a lot of skill leveling and annoying pallet management. Most people find they can be fortefighters, bash things and do more damage. But the class has a lot of overlooked potential and can be really good if you play it right.

Guntecher is a great class. But with only access to dagger and saber with level 10 skills, it may not be what your looking for in terms of melee. Other than that, it's probably the best support class out there. The class focuses on one hand guns that can be used in combination with a wand. Support techs are always a tap away to be used quickly when and where they're needed and then seamlessly back to ranged combat.

My problems - with the Force, when hunters bash things around I get annoyed with missing spells because the enemy flew halfway across the screen. Rangers can be annoying because I run out of ammo so fast, and Hunters -- well there are just millions of them and I don't want to be an extremely common class.

Low level force is kind of difficult to get by. Low level techs are hard to aim and hit enemies, and the class has too low HP to solo effectively. If you can level your techs some how, they have really big area of effects, good damage and side effects as well. Maybe level your character as wartecher for tagging and soloing for tech levels and then make the transition to fortetecher.

Ranger is also a slightly difficult class at low levels, but doesn't last as long. If you can get an A rank armor with an arm slot, bullet saves are really cheap and they'll save you from running through PP too fast. Low grade guns also suck in the PP and power department, get your hands on some higher grade guns and they'll be more worth while.

xRedd206x
May 17, 2008, 11:59 AM
Play them all! have a class of the day type thing.

mvffin
May 17, 2008, 12:30 PM
On 2008-05-17 08:29, dreamcaster0 wrote:
Currently I'm trying to decide between -

Fortetecher
Wartecher
Guntecher

I'm looking for something that can fight well but can also be used as a support class.
well, If you want melee with some support WT is good. Guns with support, go GT. If you want support with some fighting, I would recommend Acro Techer.

On 2008-05-17 08:29, dreamcaster0 wrote:I don't want to be an extremely common class. WT is probably the least common class. Its well rounded, but doesn't excel in any one area. Good melee, ok guns, decent techs, and soon it will have pretty good support too. Its not hard to equip a WT either, whips are cheap, spears are plentiful, claws aren't too pricey, halp serafi boards are everywhere. WT seems like a good fit for what you're looking for. If you don't like it, you can always change class at any time. I've been WT off and on for quite a while.

RAGNAGELPPOD
May 17, 2008, 12:54 PM
Be a wartecher. Join the few, the proud. ( with emphasis on the few)

Kinako78
May 17, 2008, 01:41 PM
Man, now you're making it hard for me to decide whether to stick with AT or go back to WT again...

gryphonvii
May 17, 2008, 02:16 PM
On 2008-05-17 11:41, Kinako78 wrote:
Man, now you're making it hard for me to decide whether to stick with AT or go back to WT again...

ditto, WT was my first advanced class, and I kinda felt a longing for some power after my long stinge as an AT

Yusaku_Kudou
May 17, 2008, 02:36 PM
Newman... fortefighter.

Genoa
May 17, 2008, 02:51 PM
http://download270.mediafire.com/mtykwwmgmo4g/zomzigsoxtn/PSU+Type+Info.txt
A little guide I made for character attributes and what not.
Let's not forget though... When the master classes are released, some classes get upgraded:
Wartecher: lvl.30 Support Technics
Guntecher: lvl.30 Attack Technics
Fortetecher: lvl.40 Support Technics
Acrotecher: lvl.50 Support Technics

Compare statistics, think of future techer upgrades, look at weapon selection, cap levels, racial bonus', etc...
I'm not going to tell you who you should be, because that's determined by your gameplay preference and which is more fun to you. But I'll give you the facts. Personal experience, I just have more fun as a WT, however, I find myself much more supportive as an AT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2008-05-17 12:54 ]</font>