PDA

View Full Version : Knuckle PA ~ Zubba vs Robado

Ragna_Divide
May 18, 2008, 02:17 AM
I know there are a lot of threads on PAs out there, but a lot of them are outdated and most Knuckle threads seem to be about whether Ikk Hikk is useful or not.

Assuming I like Zubba, is there any real reason to get Robado? Is it actually an improvement over Zubba? Does it have any particular uses? Zubba seems like an all purpose beatdown FALCONE PANCHU PA, useful against one thing, a mob, or a large target... and I'd hate to waste that many PFrags on something that's not really any better.

Thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

beatrixkiddo
May 18, 2008, 02:20 AM
They do two different things...

Robado is worth the frags, if just for the first combo versus single-target enemies.

Starrz
May 18, 2008, 02:22 AM
They do server different purposes, but Zubba is more useful than Robado in my opinion because it's more unique. There are other PAs that serve the exact same purpose as Bogga Robado.

Hrith
May 18, 2008, 06:13 AM
Bogga Robado is not any better than Bogga Zubba, but it's a good PA, nonetheless.

Ragna_Divide
May 18, 2008, 02:01 PM
I see. Thanks all! I'll pick it up for the first part JA'd on this and that, and to have something to play around with as a second option.

Dragwind
May 18, 2008, 03:01 PM
Two very different PA's that serve different purposes.

Zubba is great for launching a mob, or staggering something larger. The damage is decent as well.

Robado's first part is great on single target damage, the second part is good for launch, the third part has an AoE quality, but knocks back. I'd keep the third part limited to if you're surrounded by larger enemies that don't get knocked back (or spin)

stukasa
May 18, 2008, 05:33 PM
If you get Robado you'll pretty much be using the first combo over and over, but that's all you really need. What makes it so good is that it's very fast. There are similar PAs like Renzan Seidan-ga, which is also good, but I like Robado because you can get in a few punches and then escape if you need to. It's useful when you're trying to dodge Bil de Vear punches or outrun exploding robots, etc.

Schubalts
May 19, 2008, 01:21 PM
Robado has rocket fists. Even a Falcon Punch can not beat rocket fists.

Winter_of_uno
May 20, 2008, 04:06 AM
Beatrix nailed it. The first part of Robado does 4 hits on a single target without any charge time. It's my main knux PA and even as a PT, being capped at lv30 skills, I can do 1500+ per hit with decent Gudda Gants, including set bonus from Rabol Gant that is. I believe a Beast FF would do 2k+?

Cry0
May 20, 2008, 07:22 AM
Zubba is my favorite, basically because on acrotecher it's fast as hell, and deals a big whallop of damage. Plus it doesn't scatter the group, it launches them. which means that you can immeadiately after do another. and another. and...

Also, I prefer danga to robado, but that's because you move around a lot, and my playstyle is more keen to that. Nevertheless, robado does deal serious pain to single target, but i find renzan seiden ga to be more effective in that department.

Gen2000
May 20, 2008, 09:29 AM
Robado on Acrofighter is raaaaape.

Zubba is great too, to be honest I think they shouldn't be compared, but on my Acrofighter I get more mileage out of Robado. Robado is naturally a fast PA, adding AF's speed boost on top of it makes even better.