PDA

View Full Version : A Few questions about PSO

AnimeBoy33
May 18, 2008, 05:43 PM
1.What are MAGS,are they like your little sidekick or somethin?

2.Do Low Ranked Guns have there own elemental shot built into them or do you have to buy a shot?

3.Are there lots of rare stuff to hunt/buy in Offline MOde?

4.Is the game more challenging than PSU?

5.How do you raise a Mag?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AnimeBoy33 on 2008-05-18 16:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AnimeBoy33 on 2008-05-18 16:17 ]</font>

AlexCraig
May 18, 2008, 05:49 PM
1.) Mags are small/large living robots that follow behind you. They boost your stats and grant you special powers at times.

2.) Come again?

3.) Yes, but if you are playing GC/Xbox/BB, you will mostly find rares on Hard mode or higher.

4.) It can be. I wouldn't know. It is different for each person.

TsukasaDCX
May 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
1. Yes, and you raise them from a baby to being uber powerful and they evolve into awsome things. They can also heal, cast SD, and raise

2. Not getting the question

3. Its basically the same as online, theres only about 7 online only items

4. Oh hell yes

Aisha_Clan-Clan
May 18, 2008, 05:52 PM
4: Dc/Pc even more so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aisha_Clan-Clan on 2008-05-18 16:21 ]</font>

AlexCraig
May 18, 2008, 05:52 PM
On 2008-05-18 15:50, TsukasaDCX wrote:

Umm... there are way more than 7. I can guarantee you that. I made a list.

AnimeBoy33
May 18, 2008, 06:21 PM
On 2008-05-18 15:52, AlexCraig wrote:

On 2008-05-18 15:50, TsukasaDCX wrote:

Umm... there are way more than 7. I can guarantee you that. I made a list.

So how many weapons are there that you could only get in Online

Ryna
May 18, 2008, 06:23 PM
On 2008-05-18 15:43, AnimeBoy33 wrote:
1.What are MAGS,are they like your little sidekick or somethin?

2.Do Low Ranked Guns have there own elemental shot built into them or do you have to buy a shot?

3.Are there lots of rare stuff to hunt/buy in Offline MOde?

4.Is the game more challenging than PSU?

5.How do you raise a Mag?

1. Mags in PSO boost your character's stats and can perform special attacks.

2. Elemental attributes are completely different in PSO. Each weapon - including guns - can have percentages in the following areas: Native, Altered Beast, Machine, and Dark. Weapons you buy and find will have random percentages in those areas.

4. It'll vary on the gameplay mode and version. Newer versions tend to be easier than older ones.

5. Feed it healing items every few minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2008-05-18 16:26 ]</font>

Aisha_Clan-Clan
May 18, 2008, 06:27 PM
2: There is also hit.

MsNerddo1
May 19, 2008, 01:21 PM
1. I guess you could call them your sidekick...
But they're more valuble than you think. You don't have to have a mag equipped but that's kind of a bad idea.

3. Buy...not so much especially in offline. Plus they aren't worth much to sell either in the shops. You're best just killing monsters in hard mode and above if you want to find good stuff.

4. I know that pso for the dc is much, much harder than on the gc, but I've never played psu yet.

5. Feed your mag every few minutes. Stuff like healing items, status restoration items, oh and star atomizer is really good. Really expensive, but really good if you want everything boosted.

someone please correct me if i am wrong...

furrypaws
May 19, 2008, 06:40 PM
1. They, according to what you feed them, can either raise attack, accuracy, mind, or defense.

2. See Ryna's explanation. Also, you can't raise or lower %'s (except for tekking, but that can be explained by someone else, feeling lazy. >.<), and they're permanant to that weapon.

3. Yes. The stuff you buy in the shops is considered pointless, since you normally find better things in the wild anyways, but there are loads of weapons to hunt. However, they're restricted by IDs. For instance, if you're a Redria, you're the only one who can find a God/Battle, and if you're a Whitill, you have a better shot at a Milla dropping than another class (just examples, not actually true).

4. If you're soloing, up until about 130, the game will for the most part be more difficult than PSU. Beyond that, it's a cakewalk (for the most part once again). So, in the beginning, PSO solo is more difficult, in the end, PSU is, since it actually has creatures with reasonable stats compared to you later on. Basically, you can be fighting level 190-210 monsters on PSU in the future, but as long as you play PSO, you'll be stuck with the same ultimate creatures forever.

5. Feeding it. In general, since this is your first time playing, if you're a Hunter, feed it mates for ATK, if you're a Ranger, feed it antidotes and antiparylises for ATA, and if you're a force (and can afford it), Fluids for mind. Once they get further on, you might have to experiment for which gives the most of each stat.