PDA

View Full Version : PSU PC Startup Problem

MachX
May 19, 2008, 04:36 AM
Ok so I just bought this game for the PC and even payed to play online, but whenever I try to start the game it sits on a black screen for two minutes before closing. Then an error pops up that says, "Host process for windows services has stopped working. A problem has caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

What does that mean? Did I do something wrong? Please help me, I dont wanna feel like I just wasted a ton of money! Btw, I am running windows vista.

(I know the game runs on vista so thats not the entire problem.)

Ryna
May 19, 2008, 05:40 AM
Give us some details about the hardware you are using. Do you have any firewall/antivirus programs running? Did you install the version of DirectX that came with the game?

MachX
May 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
Sorry I was sleeping =X. Anyways, I actually did not install the version of direct x that came with the game. That is the only thing that I can think of. Perhaps it is fixable if I just uninstall everything and try again?

As far as a firewall goes I am not running anything special, just a standard one that comes with windows (sorry I cant be more specific than that.)

I actually did try reinstalling the game and installing their version of direct x and I still get the same error message. Please help! Its like im paying $10 a month for nothing...

Another discovery. When I run the game in windows mode I get the same error message, but the game will still run afterwords. So basically (at least as far as I can tell) the game seems to work fine in windowed mode aside from that message.

I also discovered that theres a notice that pops up that says something like "driver PML HZP12 has stopped working." I, unfourtunately, have no idea what that means. Im trying to gather as much info as I can tho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MachX on 2008-05-19 08:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MachX on 2008-05-19 08:51 ]</font>

VioletSkye
May 19, 2008, 11:15 AM
It's actually HPZ12, and it handles non-printing related two-way communications between the PC and the HP printer (for example sending a scan directly to your pc.) Go into services and set it to Manual instead of Automatic. Basically this is an error with your HP Printer software not PSU, but because PSU will cease to work if a Windows error pops up in the background (unless you are in windowed mode) it is preventing you from playing Full Screen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2008-05-19 09:53 ]</font>

MachX
May 19, 2008, 02:28 PM
Hey thanks for your help... now exactly where do I find the service button that I am supposed to go to?

I set it to manual and I still get that same error message. Any other ideas?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MachX on 2008-05-19 15:30 ]</font>

VioletSkye
May 20, 2008, 12:08 AM
Remove it from Startup, and try disabling it in Services.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
May 20, 2008, 01:15 AM
It's easy to disable if you have Spybot - Search & Destroy