PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Attack G for Newbies?

Sloshed
May 19, 2008, 01:30 PM
I am just starting PSU today on 360. I have the expansion and the guardian pass. Is there anything I should do ASAP to take advantage of Maximum Attack G and get special items? Are there any majorly notable things that I can try for?

Any help/advice in this would be -greatly- appreciated. I have a beast, newman, and CAST character. Would any of these get the most out of it?

Nani-chan
May 19, 2008, 02:05 PM
well, maybe make some friends and get to 25+? Then you can solo C easily. T.Ruby Bullet - Mines, Carriguine Blade - Ruins, Paradi Cataract and Flowen's G sword from Dark Falz are probably the big money items on pc/ps2. Rupika's kazardoc seems to be another good drop, but very hard to get.

I did get allot of money for Pushan, but that's 99 gold coins.

if you're not intrested in selling the bigger items for other rares then here's the drop charts at the bottom of this link.

http://psupedia.info/Maximum_Attack_G

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2008-05-19 12:09 ]</font>

Sloshed
May 19, 2008, 02:07 PM
On 2008-05-19 12:05, Nani-chan wrote:
well, maybe make some friends and get to 25+? Then you can solo C easily. T.Ruby Bullet - Mines, Carriguine Blade - Ruins, Paradi Cataract and Flowen's G sword from Dark Falz are probably the big money items on pc/ps2. Rupika's kazardoc seems to be another good drop, but very hard to get.

So what items are really unique or worth working to aquire? Paradi Cataract seems fairly interesting is it a good one?

Also, as far as a person with an eye for a Fighmaster and Gunmaster. Which items should I do my best to get?

And erm... any on 360 want to be my friend? ^.^

Edit: I am not as interested in making money from the event as getting useful or spiffy items. I like pretty/strange things in other MMOs. And if any would be useful to my characters it seems this would be the time to get em.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sloshed on 2008-05-19 12:09 ]</font>

Nani-chan
May 19, 2008, 02:13 PM
Fighmaster/Gunmaster can only use S rank weapons, so you won't be getting any of those until lvl 80+. Well except for Kireek's Ank Zagzac, but it has low stats for a S rank Axe. (Unless heavily grinded?)

Paradi Cataract is a S rank SUV for Casts.

Sloshed
May 19, 2008, 02:18 PM
On 2008-05-19 12:13, Nani-chan wrote:
Fighmaster/Gunmaster can only use S rank weapons, so you won't be getting any of those until lvl 80+. Well except for Kireek's Ank Zagzac, but it has low stats for a S rank Axe. (Unless heavily grinded?)

Paradi Cataract is a S rank SUV for Casts.

Got it... so the only item thats really of special use to me would be for my CAST char and would be the Paradi Cataract? Is it a fairly useful SUV attack?

Also how hard is it to get... and really have to figure out what to do as far as how to level and which char I should do first >.< So many choices!

Nani-chan
May 19, 2008, 02:26 PM
It's arguably the best, but for the cast it needs a S rank armor with a extra slot.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=175894&forum=20&start=30

S rank armors and their materials have risen in price, because of both Paradi and people getting ready for the 3 "Master" classes.

Sloshed
May 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
So... uh... how does a newbie to PSU manage to get a Pasadi Cataract SUV before MAG ends?

Are they fairly common or such?

I can worry about the armor later, its just the SUV I am after so I can use it later on and not end up forever cursing that I missed the chance.

Nani-chan
May 19, 2008, 02:41 PM
It will drop from Dark Falz even after the event ends. It's about a 1 in 75 drop.

The Bonus exp, bonus mission points (to level jobs) bonus drop rate for all enemies and character drops from Ash/Rupika/Sue/Kireek wil disapear, as well as the S lvl 80+ stage will be gone (June 5th?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2008-05-19 12:43 ]</font>

Sloshed
May 19, 2008, 02:45 PM
Oh! So pretty much I can relax a bit and not worry about that. And theres nothing else I would want from the event? So no big loss me missing it...

Half tempted to play through the single-player game to get the backstory.

But now I could use a bit of help... should I be a CAST or a BEAST? The nano-blasts don't interest me much but I like the way BEASTs look more. And I like the idea of being a Fighmaster more than a Gunmaster. But I want a character that can be both...

Nani-chan
May 19, 2008, 02:57 PM
I think either race can do both.

Sloshed
May 19, 2008, 03:01 PM
On 2008-05-19 12:57, Nani-chan wrote:
I think either race can do both.

Are there any weapons I would be unable to wield as a Beast Gunmaster due to low ATA for reqs? Or would the main loss be ATA (not a huge loss for me...) and the SUV loss (kinda bites... I just dont't care for how CASTs look. Would trade nanoform for SUV if I could, hehe.

Gonna play through the single player missions to get a better feel for the game then start out online I think. Will unlock achievement points to... I think.

Will help me learn the story better in any case.

Oh.. I am sure this is asked often but the glowy wings I have seen in some videos coming out the back. What are they, who can use them, and how are they gotten?

Nani-chan
May 19, 2008, 03:14 PM
Not for low ata, the highest ata requirement for S guns seems to be 250ish, and at very high levels (130) beast get 1000 ata.

Whitill wings, are offline only.
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/3/932/whitill_wing/

Sloshed
May 19, 2008, 03:36 PM
On 2008-05-19 13:14, Nani-chan wrote:
Not for low ata, the highest ata requirement for S guns seems to be 250ish, and at very high levels (130) beast get 1000 ata.

Whitill wings, are offline only.
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/3/932/whitill_wing/

Thanks got it. Will go Beast then... since CASTs don't get bonus stats for Gunmaster. Will miss the SUV ability (looks fun) but Nanoform should do me alright.

As far as starting out online. What would you recommend (what do you normally do when you start a new character?) What bits should I really get, etc.

DarkEliteRico
May 19, 2008, 03:54 PM
should have mentioned this earlier, but none of the character types get a bonus with the master classes, it's pretty much straight across the board for us. I still prefer CAST's as gunners and beasts for bashers. But if you head to guardians colony 5th floor, or look for RahXehphon's room and send me your card/mail i'll join you and help you out with getting ready for whatever you feel like doing

DarkEliteRico
May 19, 2008, 03:56 PM
On 2008-05-19 12:37, Sloshed wrote:
So... uh... how does a newbie to PSU manage to get a Pasadi Cataract SUV before MAG ends?

Are they fairly common or such?

I can worry about the armor later, its just the SUV I am after so I can use it later on and not end up forever cursing that I missed the chance.

Well they're much more common now, from 12+ mill to roughly 750k each now is a HUGE drop in price. You could easily afford to buy one if you didn't find one by the time MAG is up, so thankfully we got a 2 week extension

Nani-chan
May 19, 2008, 04:09 PM
Lots of guides for the different jobs, some weapons and skill PAs are good against single enemies and others against multiple enemies. Usually people carry some of each. Have fun.

Sloshed
May 19, 2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I like the way my beast char looks more than my CAST. And I like the stat layout for it. Its just not having the SUV. Nanoforms seem kinda bland compared to SUVs.

I am playing throught he single-player missions to know the Ethan Waber backstory and such. Then I will start going full tilt on my beast.

Out of curiosity, what can folk help with for new players? And what should I really focus on? Will be going for the pre-reqs for Fighmaster first, then working on pre-reqs for Gunmaster.

DarkEliteRico
May 19, 2008, 04:18 PM
Well it's easier to level up the fighter type PA skills then it is bullets by a long shot (until the awaited rebalance). Personally until then i'd focus on melee arts mixed in with a few bullets that you can cross jobs with like the twin pistols for fighgunner/acrotecher/fortegunner/guntecher/mastergunner...

It's a damn shame we can't play offline with our online characters like we could back in PSO....but oh well, Ethans story seems pretty week until you get up into the Episode 3 missions, it's slowly getting better and darker like a real adventure should before the light at the end