PDA

View Full Version : I Like To Say About Chat Room #PSOW

StoneColdSteveAustin
Jan 22, 2003, 08:30 PM
You got some real Jackass op's their *cough* superlime and supakiwi who thinks its funny to kick people out for fun and ban them and I find it a disgrace to users....

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 22, 2003, 08:37 PM
Superkiwi is a real jackass piece of crap in #psow. I hate his guts and hope he dies of AIDs
superkiwi is a bot lololol

Blenjar
Jan 22, 2003, 10:19 PM
haha, HIV...haha

Ian D
Jan 27, 2003, 07:50 PM
Hey, maybe this thread will get some more people in the chat... I doubt it.

umipixie
Jan 27, 2003, 07:59 PM
Supakiwi is a bot... O.o What is the problem, anyway? Every day at least 10 people join and type in all caps and swear and spew racial slurs. When we kick them, they message ops for hours on end swearing and saying other nasty things. There is no "abuse of power" when we kick someone, because there is no power...anyone who thinks ops have any real power has some funny notions about the internet (and life in general, for that matter). There are hundreds of channels on EFnet, and you can always start your own channel. OR you could say "Hey, I think that rule is unfair" and talk about it like an adult instead of spamming the channel with extremely offensive language...that's the way children handle problems. You are not a child, are you?

The problem, as I see it, is sort of silly. You are mad because you think we are being unfair. We are confused because you think we're abusing some imaginary power. You, instead of handling things in a mature and responsible fashion, decide the best way to handle your opposition to rules in a channel is to make fun of Japanese people, Jews, homosexuals, and various parts of the female anatomy. I am disgusted with your behavior. Hopefully this is not the way you handle things in real life, and if it is...I am very sad for humanity.

IRC is not a democracy...there is no such thing as The Right to Chat. The channel linked to on this site is a place where fans of PSO can go to ask (coherent) questions and talk about the game. It is NOT a place where you should go if you are anti-social or if you like to insult people or talk about stupid things or insulting things. It is NOT a place to go if you feel no one will answer your query unless you type in all caps or use such attention-getting phrases as "h3y u hoze anser me i wil h4xx0r j00!!!!111111". If you don't like the way we keep people who don't know which end is up out of the channel (and out of the way of normal conversation), then you may go elsewhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umipixie on 2003-01-27 17:07 ]</font>

KingCanin
Jan 27, 2003, 08:15 PM
It's not a positive situation in there, with the amount of random nonsense that gets spammend every second, I'm amazed it hasn't been locked up and shut down all together. It really makes you think about the state of things when people run into a place, act like little jag offs, and then complain when they get booted out. Sad really. But what can you do? Humanity is an experiment doomed to failure.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Jan 27, 2003, 08:53 PM
The question is, Ian: Do we want more people in the chat?

PS- OMB HI CANIN!W@!!!2111

umipixie
Jan 27, 2003, 09:06 PM
Ahh, the omnipositive Canin has spoken. ^^;;

Truth be told, I don't mind extra people in the channel...if they can control themselves. The only people who bug me are the ones who (as an example) think it's funny to refer to African Americans with terms that have been shunned in real life since...well...a long time ago; and people who like to respond to every statement they disagree with using the ever-poignant "ur ghey."

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 27, 2003, 09:13 PM
I dont think there's a problem with chat at all. All the people I've spoken to are fine.

However, people that randomly jump in and repeatedly ask the same question over and over and over again (Even when you provide the answer) is just a waste of time.

Everyone should treat chat like you would a normal group conversation. You wouldn't resort to name calling when people dont immediately answer your question, do you? Nor do you launch verbal assaults when you're punted for being a moron.

The bottom line is if you respect and follow the rules (they're clearly posted folks), you'll get respect in return. Be a jackass, and you're just asking for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-01-27 18:14 ]</font>

umipixie
Jan 27, 2003, 09:29 PM
How come I have to be a rappy hunter? I don't even play this game... Wai~

rbf2000
Jan 27, 2003, 09:56 PM
Umi, just change (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=edituser) your title. There's an option for it in there somewhere.

And I've seen it first hand, the ops don't abuse anything. They have fun every once in a while, but all in good faith. It's a fun channel, just follow the rules, and you'll be fine.

EDIT: and this isn't tech support, it's site related. So....

Vrooom.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2003-01-27 19:04 ]</font>

Para
Jan 27, 2003, 11:00 PM
o.O last time warchild kick/ban just because i was wondering what is the NOL code...

i was asking what is it not how to implement it or use it >_>

umipixie
Jan 27, 2003, 11:38 PM
Perhaps Warchild was just playing with you, or maybe you said something else that was uncalled for...maybe what you said was simply misinterpreted. People in the channel are sensitive to cheat-talk because oftentimes someone will come in and spew a whole cheat method before we have a chance to catch them, and #psow is a cheat-free channel...so naturally we are going to be on the lookout for people trying to do things like that. I don't know for sure though...I wasn't there when that happened (or don't remember it -_-;;). I think most people don't realize that whatever they come in to say, it's probably already been discussed extensively either in the channel or on the forums, so we've already heard it 100 times by the time they come around. Not that I discourage questions, but it *is* pretty irritating when someone comes in and asks a question that is answered in great detail on this site. eRUPT and the rest of the people who moderate these forums work hard to answer your questions, so it kind of saddens me to see so many people unwilling to look for the answer someone put so much effort into.

Also, so many people come in to #psow only to cause trouble or offend people. Imagine this scenario: Someone comes up to you while you're trying to talk to your friends and starts asking everyone the same question over and over, in a language you don't understand. When you answer the person's question or try to make small-talk with him, he calls you the most offensive name you can think of. Would you be irritated by that? What if someone ran into the middle of your group of friends while you were trying to have lunch or something and started talking about worshipping satan, or killing babies..or some other thing that is considered offensive by many people? Well, that's what we have to deal with. People jumping in, yelling nasty things, and leaving...then changing nicks, jumping back in to yell some more nasty stuff, and leaving again. Very annoying.

Why even stay in the channel, then? Because there's a lot of nice and/or interesting people in there, and that makes up for the percentage of people who seem to have what I like to call ITS (Internet Tourette's Syndrome).

BTW, Thanks for the help, rbf! I knew there had to be a way to change it. :P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umipixie on 2003-01-27 20:39 ]</font>

War_Child
Jan 27, 2003, 11:44 PM
On 2003-01-27 20:00, Nites wrote:
o.O last time warchild kick/ban just because i was wondering what is the NOL code...

i was asking what is it not how to implement it or use it >_>

You talked to me about it, and it was cleared up that you were only wondering what it is. I tend to be jumpy on the cheating subject, since I pay alot of moeny and carry a grudge against people who ruin it for me (in this case, cheaters). I thought you were asking for the code http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Apologies were made, and unbannings were done. And there was much rejoicing.

And on that note: Should a kick/ban be done to you, flaming operators will only lengthen the banning time. Be like Nites, do it maturely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: War_Child on 2003-01-27 20:45 ]</font>

eRUPT
Jan 27, 2003, 11:51 PM
I've posted a Chat Room Rules list in the FAQ section of the site. You will also see a link to it on the bottom of the Java Chat page.

Para
Jan 27, 2003, 11:51 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif trigger happy people these days though i understand about the cheating part and how it wrecks the lives of other players...
its always best to know the whole truth before acting...

sorta like the friendly fire accident... poor people ;_;

on a side note...:Superkiwi is super gay o.O;;
superkiwi goes and kicks me!!! ebil

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2003-01-27 20:59 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Jan 28, 2003, 12:40 AM
stop calling things gay, do you know how uneducated that makes you look, get a thesaurus

umipixie
Jan 28, 2003, 03:04 PM
For the last time, supakiwi is a bot! -_-;; That means supakiwi is NOT a person...it is a program. I've never heard of a gay program...

Thanks eRUPT, for the rules. You don't even know how much I love you now. You are my new favorite thing ever, besides Kero-chan and Trogdor the Burninator. <3 <3

KodiaX987
Jan 28, 2003, 03:18 PM
Remember the Dilbert Principle: People are idiots. The more induhviduals that go in a chatroom and piss off the ops, the more the ops use the ban button, and the more the ban button gets worn out. After a while, the machine becomes screwy and starts to target the wrong person.

No kidding! At #ro-world.com I once banned the wrong person by mistake. o.O; I then kicked another innocent guy, then finally managed to click on the right person and ban him. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Also, after lots and lots of hours of op work, things get automatic. The human mind is a super-AI that adapts to the opponent in front of him. Therefore, the worse the internet gets, the more fuckers he believes will come his way. The next thing you know, your chatroom has become a total Zone 51 screened by two or three layers of machine guns.

THEREFORE! Why all that explanation? Well, here's one from the website forums of Earth 2025 that basically sums it up: "House Rules: Be nice. Be nonest. Have fun. Don't be a pest."

Para
Jan 28, 2003, 05:49 PM
On 2003-01-28 12:04, umipixie wrote:
For the last time, supakiwi is a bot! -_-;; That means supakiwi is NOT a person...it is a program. I've never heard of a gay program...

LoL i meant it with sarcasm -.-;
and saying things are gay is just the way i talk o.O
i mean im me and you are you...