PDA

View Full Version : PSU stopped working

EtherForce
May 20, 2008, 05:54 PM
Oy, just days after 065 stops PSU won't work any more! >.< I open it and click on Network Mode then nothing happens. I tried reinstalling PSU and DirectX but the same thing keeps happening. Wtf is goin on here?

APEXi
May 20, 2008, 06:23 PM
you gotta be more descriptive. crash to desktop? doesn't even start? stalls? checked task manager?

EtherForce
May 20, 2008, 06:29 PM
It won't start at all.

APEXi
May 20, 2008, 06:38 PM
i had this once a long while back, check out "set program access and defaults" set it on custom if it isnt already, i think i had windows update screw with some stuff before, that could be it. or if you recently downloaded a driver update for your graphics card, uninstall and go back to the last known set of drivers you remember to have worked. i had this happen with an ati card. and then theres the typical things you can try out like virus/spyware scanning, uninstalling and then defragging the drive and then reinstalling.

EtherForce
May 20, 2008, 06:44 PM
Where do I find the program access and defaults thing?

APEXi
May 20, 2008, 06:51 PM
its in the start menu - but i was mistaken i was thinking of Data Execution Prevention (DEP) which you find by right-clicking on my computer and going into properties, clicking the advanced tab, click the settings button under performace, hit the DEP tab and set it to "turn on dep for essential windows programs and services only"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2008-05-20 16:53 ]</font>

APEXi
May 20, 2008, 06:52 PM
pso-world stopped working for me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2008-05-20 16:52 ]</font>

EtherForce
May 20, 2008, 07:28 PM
lol ok I figured it out and got PSU working again. Thanks for the help!