PDA

View Full Version : Online: BEAST vs CAST (Gunmaster/Fighmaster)

Sloshed
May 20, 2008, 07:33 PM
Alright been getting used to PSU and now would really like to work on a 'main' character online.

I am split between having either a BEAST or a CAST as my main character.

I want to make my 'main' be both a Gunmaster AND a Fighmaster, to have the same character level up both.

I know CAST can make decent Fighmaster and BEAST can make a decent Gunmaster. But what are the big differences between them.

I like big hits and it seems atp scales better than ata. So thats a big lean to BEAST for me and I have a BEAST look I like and haven't really settled on a CAST look.

On the other hand, I love the thought of the CAST SUVs and calling down powerful things. I am -not- a big fan of Nanoform... it just doesn't do it for me.

Now... my questions are will I be missing out on any really nice items if I go one way or the other? And will I notice a big difference in damage/accuracy either of them?

And how useful are SUVs? Do they make a noticeable impact or are they mostly just flashy moves?

A thing that makes this a bit trickier is that since the masters don't get a racial bonus... it evens the field a bit for BEAST and CAST for the respective types.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

If it wasn't for SUVs I would go BEAST so easily but... so pretty!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-05-20 17:44 ]</font>

SStrikerR
May 20, 2008, 08:13 PM
On 2008-05-20 17:33, Sloshed wrote:

I like big hits and it seems atp scales better than ata. So thats a big lean to BEAST for me and I have a BEAST look I like and haven't really settled on a CAST look.

You should know that Casts atp isn't that much lower than beasts.

On the other hand, I love the thought of the CAST SUVs and calling down powerful things. I am -not- a big fan of Nanoform... it just doesn't do it for me.

Hello paradi cataract!

Now... my questions are will I be missing out on any really nice items if I go one way or the other? And will I notice a big difference in damage/accuracy either of them?

You shouldn't expect the damage to be much different, but you'd probably end up seeing more 0's as a beast fighmaster.

And how useful are SUVs? Do they make a noticeable impact or are they mostly just flashy moves?

Why hello again paradi cataract!

A thing that makes this a bit trickier is that since the masters don't get a racial bonus... it evens the field a bit for BEAST and CAST for the respective types.

If you're a big-number kind of person, beasts will do a bit more damage, but SUVS are awesome and as a cast you would hit a lot less 0's as fighmaster.

I'd go cast.

Sloshed
May 20, 2008, 08:25 PM
Paradi Cataract can still be gotten after MAG is over right? A bit worried I won't be able to find it or get it if I go CAST. And definitely don't have the cash to get it from a player store.

Is paradi cataract really that good? What does it do exactly...

And as far as a CAST Fighmaster, are there any big heavy weaponsthat they can't wield due to the slightly lower atp? Or useful ones that only a beast can wield?

I was favoring beast but am leaning more and more toward CAST. Especially if I can get a look that I like.

Tsavo
May 20, 2008, 08:58 PM
Cast definitely gets the best of both worlds here. They're not much weaker than Beast, have the second highest HP and the best DFP. This combined with they're low EVA makes them a great fighter being as they'll be able to take a hit and dish them out without having to worry about interruption. They'll even still have access to range damage in the form of SUVs. A Beast GM on the other hand will do ok at high levels and with S rank gear and all though not in the range of a Cast. GM has decent ATA but not fG levels which means you may notice its lack on a Beast.

DarkEliteRico
May 20, 2008, 09:00 PM
On 2008-05-20 18:13, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2008-05-20 17:33, Sloshed wrote:

You should know that Casts atp isn't that much lower than beasts.

Hello paradi cataract!

You shouldn't expect the damage to be much different, but you'd probably end up seeing more 0's as a beast fighmaster.

Why hello again paradi cataract!

If you're a big-number kind of person, beasts will do a bit more damage, but SUVS are awesome and as a cast you would hit a lot less 0's as fighmaster.

I'd go cast.

Think you said it the best

Sloshed
May 20, 2008, 09:03 PM
On 2008-05-20 18:58, Tsavo wrote:
Cast definitely gets the best of both worlds here. They're not much weaker than Beast, have the second highest HP and the best DFP. This combined with they're low EVA makes them a great fighter being as they'll be able to take a hit and dish them out without having to worry about interruption. They'll even still have access to range damage in the form of SUVs. A Beast GM on the other hand will do ok at high levels and with S rank gear and all though not in the range of a Cast. GM has decent ATA but not fG levels which means you may notice its lack on a Beast.

Even if I was -just- doing a Fighmaster, you would recommend CAST over BEAST?

The starting CAST parts just look kinda fugly to me >.<

Edit: Cancel the fugly... wow, didn't know there was such a variety of parts. Maybe I will be a CAST afterall. I think I found a look I want. And all I need now is to save up... 115k meseta to get the parts I want >.< Thats gonna take awile... and I probably should get skills, weapons, and the openshop thing first, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sloshed on 2008-05-20 19:39 ]</font>

Starrz
May 20, 2008, 10:35 PM
They both are about even, you can't go wrong either way.

CAST has SUV to cover Fighmaster's lack of range, for when you need a bit of range damage.

Beast has Nanoblast to cover Gunmaster's lack of melee, for when guns can't do the job fast enough.

Beast will always have better overall damage, but it's not a lot more.

Accuracy is negligible, - - Beast and CAST hit rates are about equal past lv 60.

Paradi Cataract is not as powerful as people are making it out to be, don't buy into the hype. It's the best SUV, sure. But it won't make or break you.

Just choose what you like, and stick with it.

Sloshed
May 20, 2008, 10:48 PM
On 2008-05-20 20:35, Starrz wrote:
They both are about even, you can't go wrong either way.

CAST has SUV to cover Fighmaster's lack of range, for when you need a bit of range damage.

Beast has Nanoblast to cover Gunmaster's lack of melee, for when guns can't do the job fast enough.

Beast will always have better overall damage, but it's not a lot more.

Accuracy is negligible, - - Beast and CAST hit rates are about equal past lv 60.

Paradi Cataract is not as powerful as people are making it out to be, don't buy into the hype. It's the best SUV, sure. But it won't make or break you.

Just choose what you like, and stick with it.

Noooo! You are making this difficult now! I found a CAST look I like, and the parts look surprisingly spiffy for them...

Now it is pretty much SUV vs ATP

How much of a difference is the ATP at higher levels? Do CASTs often have to do extra hits of portful Axe PAs? Say like 2 to a Beast's 1? Is the ATP that crucial bit that makes them have to do quite a bit more effort into taking down creatures?

So difficult to chose... I like the looks af both. I don't really care for nanoform at all. SUVs are sexy. But I am a big proponent of atp > ata!

Starrz
May 20, 2008, 11:39 PM
The classes aren't out yet, so nobody here can tell you specific information like that.

As for the stats:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/Starrz87/Stats/castbeaststats.jpg

Lv 140/20.

"Starring" = CAST
HP
ATP
ATA
TP
DFP
EVP
MST
STA

Sloshed
May 20, 2008, 11:46 PM
My main concern... is the miss rate really the same between the beast and CAST at high levels? With over 200 ata between them... does that make up for 150 lower atp?

Such as... will the number of 'extra swings' from having to kill off an enemy that would have been killed that number sooner if you were a beast exceed or be less than the number of 'extra swings' a beast would have to do to kill enemies missed that a CAST wouldn't have missed.

Jakosifer
May 21, 2008, 01:27 AM
^ATA doesn't mean a damn thing in this game, well unless you're like 30 levels under an enemy. Otherwise the hit/miss "issue" isn't really an issue at all.

Starrz
May 21, 2008, 03:16 AM
ATA is negligible, yes.

Things that affect your hit rate the most are:

- Enemy EVP (Big factor)
- Acc mod on PA used

As you can tell, those are constant for either race you pick.

Maskim
May 21, 2008, 03:55 AM
It's just personnel preference. You can get some pretty cool clothes, and I'm a fan of tats, so beasts are cool. However, I love my cast. I like the increased ata and defense, as the slightly higher atp of the beast is as negligible to me as the ata is to others. I never miss, and it's great. Also, as you mentioned there's quite a few cool cast parts now. You don't get cool jackets and boots, but you get the armored knight or samurai look. SUV is great too. SUV's are not the end all, be all, though. I really think it should depend on which you'd like looking at for the duration of the character's career. I went cast.

Hrith
May 21, 2008, 06:44 AM
ATA matters as much as ATP, so if you think ATA is negligible, then so is ATP.

If you fight monsters of the same level as you, a difference of 200 ATA will noticeably impact your DPS.

Using Lv140 chars against Lv100 monsters does not give valid results, whether in damage or hit rate. Need to stop spreading bullshit results obtained by using a situation that clearly favours ATP.
As much as it can be considered SEGA's fault to give us Lv130/20 levels while most missions only have Lv100~110 monsters, it cannot be used as a fact.

When fighting Lv140 monsters, it takes over 200 total ATP to make a 1% damage in damage, it takes much less than 200 total ATA to make a 1% difference in hit rate.

For Fighmaster, M Beast has 144 more ATP while M Cast has 207 more ATA. 207 > 144, clear Cast victory.
For Gunmaster, M Beast has 117 more ATP while M Cast has 375 more ATA. 375 > 117, clear Cast victory.

Casts win.

Beast will still make decent FM because Anga Jabroga ignores EVP, and Lv50 skills have high ATA modifiers, but that's about it.

Sloshed
May 21, 2008, 08:45 AM
Still hard to decide but it is at least an option to chose from since I do like both.

To get out of the starter clothes and into ones I like and to get all the basic bits I will need to level. Whats the fastest/best way to get cash just starting out? Lucky me I seem to have expensive taste in clothing >.<

Maskim
May 21, 2008, 09:42 AM
The cheapest way would probably be to wait until June 6th when all those clothes are half off, and makeovers are free.

Sloshed
May 21, 2008, 10:09 AM
On 2008-05-21 07:42, Maskim wrote:
The cheapest way would probably be to wait until June 6th when all those clothes are half off, and makeovers are free.

Eh? Clothes half off? Makeovers free?

Oh... and so far whats leaning me each way.

I have a good look for a beast character. Its spiffy, and with their high atp... they hit harder than anyone (who has the higher dps is negotiable). I like his voice... and have some clothes picked out that would look spiffy on him.

CAST on the other hand the biggest draw is the SUV. ATA is the next up, the voice I don't care for as much and I am having trouble finding a look I like for the CAST. PARTs look more unique than the clothes and since only CASTs can use them that makes the look unique to 25% of the races rather than being shared between 75% of them. Also it seems like nanoforms never get any love while SUVs always do (and nanoforms themselves just don't appeal to me). Less evasion and higher ATA is nice... and not to far behind on ATP either. Yet... SUVs are so amazingly tempting. So quirky, fun, and useful.

Now looking at the Fighmaster (I always think thighmaster when I say that) it looks like they have higher ata than the fortefighter, and swing much more quickly. Less of a 'big numbers guy' than the fortefighter but more overall dps. This makes me think a CAST might be better suited to it. Evening out the dps they spread for constant dps rather than more bursty...

If a person was making a character to build up funds for other future characters. Would you recommend a CAST or a BEAST?

Maskim
May 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
Clothes and parts will be cheap as an event reward. As for saving money, they're both going to be about the same. The only place a CAST might cost a bit more is as a fighmaster, you're going to need S class armor with an extra slot, limiting you to serafi senba, which is currently costly. Beasts from my experience use more healing items too, as they miss a bit more, and don't get the constant knock backs on the enemies to be as maneuverable.
Either way, I don't think it's going to affect your ability to save meseta. That's pretty much dependent on your will power not to throw your money away on things you don't need.

Sloshed
May 21, 2008, 11:57 AM
Forgot that beast's tattoo doesn't take up an extra slot. So that leaves a bit of spiffiness in the beast's favor if I want an aura or more of whatever stat extra gives.

Leaning more and more towards Beast. Mostly just because I can't seem to get a CAST to look the way I want. And one of the clothing options really suits my beast's personality, heh.

But... no SUV >.< Damnit, heh.

Jakosifer
May 21, 2008, 01:27 PM
I'd go CAST, mostly because CAST's would benefit from the class more than Beasts would. The ATP difference isn't huge enough to warrant picking a Beast over a CAST, well unless you're a walking calculator who just wants to do the highest possible damage (not counting specials).

The reason I'd prefer a CAST is...Its a melee class, why waste a racial special on even more melee when you could use SUV's to do bullet damage AND clear a whole mob easily if you're against melee resistant enemies? No good reason, unless you're into a giant furball that is. CAST's get the best of both worlds with FM (Paradi Cataract...) and good melee.

Ultimately its up to you though. That was just my 0.02 Mesetaz.

Sloshed
May 21, 2008, 03:28 PM
Just a thought... but would the nanoform of a BEAST Fighmaster get the speed increase?

And are nanoforms enhanced stats based off of the beast's? It would be silly if I nanoform and end up doing less dmg to less creatures than if I hadn't.

Starrz
May 21, 2008, 03:30 PM
On 2008-05-21 11:27, Lakjosmaysa wrote:
I'd go CAST, mostly because CAST's would benefit from the class more than Beasts would. The ATP difference isn't huge enough to warrant picking a Beast over a CAST, well unless you're a walking calculator who just wants to do the highest possible damage (not counting specials).

The reason I'd prefer a CAST is...Its a melee class, why waste a racial special on even more melee when you could use SUV's to do bullet damage AND clear a whole mob easily if you're against melee resistant enemies? No good reason, unless you're into a giant furball that is. CAST's get the best of both worlds with FM (Paradi Cataract...) and good melee.

You're only looking at the FIghmaster side. He said he wants to do Gunmaster too.

Like I said before, CAST with their special ability compliments FM well, while Beast and their special ability compliment Gunmaster well.

Sloshed
May 21, 2008, 03:37 PM
On 2008-05-21 13:30, Starrz wrote:

On 2008-05-21 11:27, Lakjosmaysa wrote:

You're only looking at the FIghmaster side. He said he wants to do Gunmaster too.

Like I said before, CAST with their special ability compliments FM well, while Beast and their special ability compliment Gunmaster well.

Fighmaster will definitely be my focus though and the one I bring up to be the best. So... if I was just looking at Fighmaster then CAST would be best?

Starrz
May 21, 2008, 05:38 PM
On 2008-05-21 13:37, Sloshed wrote:

Fighmaster will definitely be my focus though and the one I bring up to be the best. So... if I was just looking at Fighmaster then CAST would be best?

In most situations? Probably.
Not in all situations.
We don't have the classes yet, so everything is just speculation.

I consider them both to be about even, you really can't go wrong either way.

Sloshed
May 21, 2008, 06:46 PM
On 2008-05-21 15:38, Starrz wrote:

On 2008-05-21 13:37, Sloshed wrote:

In most situations? Probably.
Not in all situations.
We don't have the classes yet, so everything is just speculation.

I consider them both to be about even, you really can't go wrong either way.

Really like the double saber, axe, spear, and sword. My 4 favorite weapons in the game so it really seems the right class for me.

Do those weapons lend themselves better to ATP or ATA? From what I've read Jabronga is really ATP friendly.

Starrz
May 21, 2008, 09:44 PM
Anga Jabroga has a 100% hit rate. It's impossible to miss with it.

It has a 420% Att mod at lv 50 (as opposed to 410% at lv 40), which is very high. The fact that it is a PA for a weapon type with the highest Att., it amplifies it more.

The more raw ATP you pump into high Att% PAs, the damage you get out is amplified.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Starrz on 2008-05-21 20:16 ]</font>

Sloshed
May 21, 2008, 09:51 PM
On 2008-05-21 19:44, Starrz wrote:
Anga Jabroga has a 100% hit rate. It's impossible to miss with it.

Are there any other PAs with that type of ability among the 4 weapon types of fighmasters?

Starrz
May 21, 2008, 10:19 PM
No, but like I said. Hit rates is never really a problem for any race/class/PA combo. Generally you'll hit the target 85-93% of the time, depending on PA, and enemy.

The only other PA in the game that is like that is Ikk Hikk (Knuckle PA), you'll never see a 0 with that one either. But of course Fighmasters can't use knuckles. (Even though I wish they could. :[ )

Genoa
May 24, 2008, 10:57 PM
A Beast GM on the other hand will do ok at high levels and with S rank gear and all though not in the range of a Cast. GM has decent ATA but not fG levels which means you may notice its lack on a Beast.

Fortegunner HP:124 ATP:140 ATA:230 TP:75 DFP:120 EVP:140 MST:86 STA:125
Gunmaster HP:120 ATP:136 ATA:250 TP:30 DFP:110 EVP:40 MST:125 STA:80

GM has decent ATA but not fG levels?
If anything the Gunmaster will be even better on a beast. My reasons?
1. Gunmaster has no access to melee of ANY kind. However, as a beast, Nanoblast will allow you to do heavy melee damage when guns cannot do the job.
2. GM does not have a racial bonus for the job. Therefore the difference between a cast and beast gunner will be a lot more noticeable than before with the Fortegunner class.
3. An even higher ATA mod compared to FG. Cast's have ridiculously high ATA to begin with. All that excess ATA is basically a waste for the most part. A beast can better utilize it AND can deal out more damage. Not to mention having more health and a bit more MST.

Legendria
May 25, 2008, 04:03 AM
Since there is no racial boost on GM, Beasts just may do it slightly better.

As far as Fighmaster goes, you'll definetly have to get that CAST going. Double Sabers and Swords need the ATA.

Who cares if you do 200 extra damage if you miss 3 times out of 10, while Casts get 9 or 10/10? You can get hit during that miss interval, too.

Jakosifer
May 25, 2008, 04:11 AM
Double Sabers and Swords need the ATA.

Who cares if you do 200 extra damage if you miss 3 times out of 10, while Casts get 9 or 10/10? You can get hit during that miss interval, too.

Come on, lets not kid ourselves, ATA doesn't mean crap once you're on even level with the enemy.

Shinko
May 25, 2008, 05:04 AM
Well i say cast. i mean cast has the 2nd best atk. sure beast is 1st but there ata suck badly. and cast are the best at that. so u take away a lil bit of power for ata. dont seem that bad to me.

but i also like trying things didn't like play a class that ur race is bad at so hey if u want to do that then go for beast if not i thing u should pick cast

Hrith
May 25, 2008, 06:05 AM
Come on, lets not kid ourselves, ATA doesn't mean crap once you're on even level with the enemy.Actually, it still does.

ATA matters less when you're higher than the monsters, but then, so does ATP.

Talise
May 25, 2008, 06:17 AM
*ahem* nanoblast is worthless, maybe unless you're gunmaster and your bullets dun cut it. I'm guessing you won't get a speed boost in nano form, so uh...ya. SUV=do your damage and wait for the bar to fill up again. No one says you HAVE TO use your extra ability though 0_0. Most likely, you're going to feel the ATA loss more as a fighmaster using your skills, and less so as a Gunmaster, I'd say go beastie.

Jakosifer
May 25, 2008, 06:33 AM
Actually, it still does.

ATA matters less when you're higher than the monsters, but then, so does ATP.

The moment I start hitting "3 times out of 10" I'll have a change of heart. Until then, ATA is as useful to me as TP as a Beast FighGunner is. Useless. :roll:

Oh and yea, OP, go CAST, CAST's are sexier anyway.

Hrith
May 25, 2008, 07:41 AM
Well, if you don't mind being a poor player who does not realise that hitting "2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 0, 0" is less damage than "1900, 1900, 1900, 1900, 1900, 1900, 1900, 1900, 1900, 0", we're all good.

Legendria
May 25, 2008, 12:16 PM
The moment I start hitting "3 times out of 10" I'll have a change of heart. Until then, ATA is as useful to me as TP as a Beast FighGunner is. Useless. :roll:

I said MISS 3/10, so you'll hit 7/10.

Anyway, make a Beast play any class other than Fortefighter and take him to Egg Thieves S. Watch the zeroes. There will be many. ESPECIALLY with a double saber.

Now, you tell me ATA doesn't matter after watching that.

DreXxiN
May 25, 2008, 01:08 PM
Definitely cast. The damage difference is hardly noticable, and the ATA matters much more later on.

I'd actually be beast myself for one of them at least, but Paradi Cateract alone changes my mind.

Going Fighmaster/Gunmaster with my CAST.

Jakosifer
May 25, 2008, 09:25 PM
I said MISS 3/10, so you'll hit 7/10.

Anyway, make a Beast play any class other than Fortefighter and take him to Egg Thieves S. Watch the zeroes. There will be many. ESPECIALLY with a double saber.

Now, you tell me ATA doesn't matter after watching that.

Having played Egg Thieves myself, and being a class thats not Fortefighter, I wasn't missing enough for it to be noticeable. There is a rare "0" but what class/race DOESN'T get the occasional "0"? You're seriously overrating ATA.

And Hrith, your example is nothing short of hilarious as well, what a joke "ZOMG 2 ZEROS LOLDPS DPS DPS". So damn cute, especially considering the CAST could do the exact same (as everything in this game is pretty much a matter of chance) and then it'd be the CAST doing "less damage". :roll:

Fun fact: The ATA %age on your PA's "matter" much more than the base ATA of your character/weapon anyway, so once you learn to stop being a walking talking calculator, THEN we'll be good. :D
----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, the poster above's "Paradi Cataract" reason is the same reason why my soon to be alt CAST will be FighMaster/GunMaster. Having good melee and kickass bullet damage to go along with that would be quite welcome. And for GunMaster I'll just say two words "Killer Elite", who DOESN'T want to use that gun? >_>

Hrith
May 26, 2008, 01:53 PM
I wasn't missing enough for it to be noticeable.That's the thing, you're just not noticing it.

And Hrith, your example is nothing short of hilarious as well, what a joke "ZOMG 2 ZEROS LOLDPS DPS DPS". So damn cute, especially considering the CAST could do the exact same (as everything in this game is pretty much a matter of chance) and then it'd be the CAST doing "less damage".Say bye to your credibility.

If you want to join a discussion about class/race performances, make sure you know what you are talking about first.

Jakosifer
May 26, 2008, 02:22 PM
*sigh* This discussion isn't getting anywhere.

This isn't like other ORPG's, the enemies die so fast that missing one hit won't get you killed or hinder you in any kind of way.

I'll leave it at this and say: ATA matters to you, it doesn't matter to me. I kill most enemies I encounter in one combo of a PA, so until enemies get ridiculously high EVP and dodge/block everything I throw at them, its a useless stat.

Hrith
May 27, 2008, 05:55 AM
A beast FF kills monsters in one combo. A human FF kills monsters in one combo. ATP is a useless stat.

amtalx
May 27, 2008, 02:45 PM
And Hrith, your example is nothing short of hilarious as well, what a joke "ZOMG 2 ZEROS LOLDPS DPS DPS". So damn cute, especially considering the CAST could do the exact same (as everything in this game is pretty much a matter of chance) and then it'd be the CAST doing "less damage". :roll:

Despite the fact that Hrith and I rarely see eye-to-eye, his point was rather well illustrated. If you are ok knowing that you will be doing less damage, that's fine, just don't try to argue that it doesn't matter. For the time being, ATA isn't a huge advantage, but still an advantage nonetheless. If enemy EVP ever gets back to the point around when SEED Awakened S2 was released, you'll be cursing that low ATA.

Mewnie
May 27, 2008, 03:25 PM
Beast, naturally.

Talise
May 27, 2008, 03:30 PM
alright now I've heard it all, DFP doesn't matter, ATP doesn't matter, ATA doesn't matter, so...it all comes down to this:
"Beast women are filthy"
"ewww, CAST are made of silicone"
"humans are good for nothing"
"but...like, Newman are so....weak"

panzer_unit
May 27, 2008, 04:36 PM
Despite the fact that Hrith and I rarely see eye-to-eye, his point was rather well illustrated. If you are ok knowing that you will be doing less damage, that's fine, just don't try to argue that it doesn't matter. For the time being, ATA isn't a huge advantage, but still an advantage nonetheless. If enemy EVP ever gets back to the point around when SEED Awakened S2 was released, you'll be cursing that low ATA.

Of course if the numbers aren't exactly the way Hrith worked them out, like we're talking about 1000 vs 900 damage per hit, or 90 & 95 percent accuracy instead of 80 & 90 ... the Beast comes out on top. Anybody can use numbers to support their argument when there's no real test for it.

If EVP gets back to when Seed Awakened S2 was released ... I remember missing an entire Bogga Zubba PA on a buffed Deljaban ... we'd start using EVP debuffs, Freeze EX traps (freeze negates evade), and the oldschool tactic of shooting from behind (which also negates evade).

amtalx
May 27, 2008, 04:40 PM
If EVP gets back to when Seed Awakened S2 was released ... I remember missing an entire Bogga Zubba PA on a buffed Deljaban ... we'd start using EVP debuffs, Freeze EX traps (freeze negates evade), and the oldschool tactic of shooting from behind (which also negates evade).

WHOAFUX. Strategy in my PSU? GTFO.

Starrz
May 27, 2008, 07:56 PM
A beast FF kills monsters in one combo. A human FF kills monsters in one combo. ATP is a useless stat.

Beasts can do it without JA. :]

Sekani
May 27, 2008, 08:25 PM
A beast FF kills monsters in one combo. A human FF kills monsters in one combo. The ATP difference is insignificant.
Repaired.

JC10001
May 27, 2008, 08:27 PM
Beast is the better choice for GunMaster. I have both a level 130 Cast Fortegunner and a level 130 Beast Fortegunner so I am speaking from personal experience here.

Reasons:

1. ATP > ATA, especially if your photon arts are well leveled and you have high percent weapons. Fortegunner/Gun Master has ridiculous amounts of ATA. I believe beast gunmaster has over 1000 ATA...not as much as a Cast but more than enough to get the job done.

2. Adaka Val > Paradi Cataract. Paradi is very overrated. I can do a lot more damage over time with my Beast by using the just attack when in Beast form. If I do an S mission with high level creatures, I might be lucky to kill an entire mob with Paradi. With Adaka Val I can plow through mob, after mob, after mob. It works better on bosses too (most of which I can take out with one Nanoblast)

3. Beasts can use the extra slots for something cool, like a Hard / HP Restore. I use one for my beast and it is great. I almost never need to use healing items because I get back ~100 hp every few seconds. Couple a Hard / HP Restore with a high percent Storm Line and you are practically invincible.

Hrith
May 27, 2008, 11:05 PM
Beast is the better choice for GunMaster. I have both a level 130 Cast Fortegunner and a level 130 Beast Fortegunner so I am speaking from personal experience here.That alone made me lol quite a bit, seeing the difference in damage between those combinations is less than 1% and the difference in hit rate goes from 5% to 15%.

Adaka Val > Paradi Cataract. Paradi is very overrated. I can do a lot more damage over time with my Beast by using the just attack when in Beast form.You can do even more just using weapons, which is why Adaka Val fails most of the time. It can be decent in a few situations (namely bosses), or on a spawn of several big monsters, but attacking with your weapons is usually faster (sometimes a lot faster), or only like 2% slower.

Paradi Cataract has the highest DPS in the game, nothing equals it, not even Boma Duranga, there is no debating this.

Paradi kills an entire spawn of five, six or seven monsters in less than three seconds, which is unbeatable.

Adaka Val is atrociously overrated, a special attack which is at best barely faster than photon arts is dumb. And I'm talking Lv40 PAs. Lv50 PAs + speed bonus will make Nanoblast even more pointless.

Talise
May 27, 2008, 11:17 PM
not to mention most of the time you're even more vulnerable than when you're using a PA(I dun even use nanoblast now >_<)