PDA

View Full Version : ANY advice for Vol Opt Ver. II?

MsNerddo1
May 21, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hey, I have been having quite some time fighting Vol Opt ver. II.
My main problem is the second half when he's in his main mode.
I know he attacks at random at this point, but I have more trouble dodging his attacks and attacking him. I can only seem to do one or the other.
Is it my weapons or my character or am I just not ready and shouldn't be asking this?
Character: HUcaseal, level 114 (I think, haven't played her for a long time. Memory card's missing)

Jaspaller
May 21, 2008, 01:43 PM
A few levels doesn't hurt. For the missiles, all I can say is keep running. His pole stomping can be avoided if you stick as close to the edge of the arena as possible. And his green ball thing can be a bit tricky... you can try to outrun it or try to run in circles avoiding it. Both of them can be a pain so it's really up to you which you find easier.

You should be able to put in some attacks when A) He pauses to do another attack, or B) using guns you can try to hit him from the edge when he stomps.

As for what weapon, I find multi-hitting weapons would likely be the best. Breaking one part quick vs. breaking all parts slow is up to you if you use a sword type weapon or a multi-hit weapon

DC_PLAYER
May 21, 2008, 02:00 PM
random pressing pillar, go close to him, that way he can't target you

pressing pillar, run around the arena

missile, either run early or take the damage and heal

green attack, run in small circles to avoid the ball (similar to how to avoid baranz missiles)

carry scape dools, get many dimates, trimates and star atomizers.
get a partisan type weapon or a slicer type if you like.
charge gugnir or charge diska would be great.

here's an idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F_GWZD3-q0

leet007
May 21, 2008, 05:02 PM
well it should be pretty fucking easy i think i did it at lvl like 100 or 99 with a RAmarl lol so iit shouldnt be that hard dude

3---Hit---U
May 21, 2008, 08:08 PM
RaMarl > HuCaseal, I know that I have both of them.

Quit being so elitist -.-

Lance813
May 21, 2008, 08:10 PM
lol elitist. i love it

with enough scape dolls a lvl 95 can do it

DoubleJG
May 25, 2008, 05:23 AM
Watch out for that blue homing ball of death :o

phoenixboy
May 25, 2008, 06:40 AM
You know what you should do? Go berserk and take him down if you die many deaths!

Vashyron
May 25, 2008, 07:35 AM
If it's hard for you how about leveling up some more? Or get better equipment.

CelestialBlade
May 25, 2008, 12:47 PM
A few more levels wouldn't hurt. I couldn't beat him with my old HUnewearl until level 120+, so don't feel ashamed if you can't quite get him yet.

HeartBreak301
May 26, 2008, 07:28 PM
Definitely a ranger boss. But for hunters I'd recommend a good Sword, Partisan or even a Slicer. When it comes to killing Vol Opt multiple hitting weapons are the key. Since you don't have resta make sure you're stocked full. And if all else fails you can drop Trimates in the arena for later use. When you run out just pick those ones up. Oh and a Scape Doll wouldn't hurt if you have one of those.

furrypaws
May 26, 2008, 08:57 PM
To be honest, I'm not even sure how I did it. Apparently, it's very difficult, but I know for sure I beat it with my first character, a HUnewearl, at 106 or under.

I do believe I had an Orotiagito, a Chainsawd, and a Varista for equipment though. I had friends before me.

Hm...bring Sol Atomizers. Not sure why, but I remember breaking the bank on them. Then again, you are a cast, so you don't need them.

Uh...oh. I have one. When he's pointing his laser at you, the one he uses for targeting the fist pound, you have a few seconds to get some hits in. When he raises the laser up, immediately begin to run. He also leaves breaks between attacks, so you should be able to squeeze some in by then.

MsNerddo1
May 27, 2008, 01:37 PM
Thank you for all of this info! I am very overwhelmed at the response I got.
Email works wonders I guess.
Now if someone knows how I lost my memory card so I can actually try your methods out for real, then I will be ecstatic! :) :(

Vanzazikon
May 27, 2008, 02:15 PM
I defeated him at Lv 94 with my HUcast. I had a Chainsawd and kept hacking and also did the strategy posted my Jas and DC.