PDA

View Full Version : GC: Question for all your rangers out there =)

TheoYumei
Jan 22, 2003, 11:54 PM
This might seem like a noob question but here it goes. I just recently started my Ranger, now i have been looking to make a mag for her. I was looking towards this (20/100/80/0). Any ideas that you guys have will help.

Neifan
Jan 23, 2003, 12:21 AM
You may want to start off with a mag that has a good balance, to give your RA easier growth at the beginning. However, as you get higher in level, you will want to max out your pow. RA's don't really need dex on their mags, since dex is so high for them, and a RA's magic is only for back-up, so it shouldn't be your main focus. You may want to put a little in dex and/or mind, but most should go to pow. You really need a lot of ATP in Ultimate.

RX-7
Jan 23, 2003, 12:29 AM
My RA right now is lv 140. My Mags Dex is 11. So right now, with mag on, my base ATA is 199. I don't wear any units besides cure units, or maybe a God Battle. But I never had trouble with weapon requirements. 1 more lv will get my ATA with mag up to 200, which I believe lets you then use any Ranger weapon.

flux-equals-rad
Jan 23, 2003, 12:50 AM
word up...id say straight power and defense..ata is no problem for me..at this point i can start combos with a heavy attack and almost never miss..even with mechs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eden
Jan 23, 2003, 01:23 AM
My RAmarl's Rukumin is
30/80/50/40 and it works great for me

TheoYumei
Jan 23, 2003, 02:19 AM
Thank you guys =)

Goza
Jan 23, 2003, 11:33 AM
I have a savitri that I am running about 15/100/85/0 I think. If I could do it again, I'd try to avoid any def at all, and go for pow, and maybe shave off fix dex for pow too. Getting to ultimate as fast as possible is my main goal, and I use this mag to raise other non-force characters, so that affected my decisions. I have a level 26 Ramar using that mag currently on Hard Ruins.

Sasarai
Jan 23, 2003, 11:54 AM
I have a RAmar lvl 55, with a lvl 100 Madhu mag.

Its stats are 15/55/18/12 and I haven't had any trouble leveling or wielding weapons.

I suggest gorging your mag with every trimate/dimate you find in normal episode 1. That way once you get to hard mode you'll have nice atp enhancement from a power-butch mag.

Maelkith
Jan 23, 2003, 05:12 PM
if you are going to make one mag and keep it for the long haul, you shouldnt use alot of dex. dex will allow you to equip stronger weapons faster, but at higher levels when your ata gets higher, those levels will be wasted. all rangers lack power. human rangers lack mst. you need enough stopping power atp, and only enough mst to have effective resta. but if you lay on 80 dex levels to equip a justy, you will find yourself with no power to go with it. its much easier to use units that you can remove later for dex than it is to have permanent dex on your mag.

but if you are making multiple mags then you can make a dex/def mag to start, and a pow/def mag later.