PDA

View Full Version : what else have they toned down?

DemiDeviMatt
Jan 23, 2003, 12:08 AM
man, i made a hunewearl bcuz they were dope in the dc days...but now they cant learn ryuker, reverser, grants or megid...sheesh...is the ramarl the same way? also what other items, weapons or characters did they tone down?

Neifan
Jan 23, 2003, 12:16 AM
All the characters have been toned down. All magic user can use Ryuker, though. Only, FO's can use Grants, Megid, and Reverser; and HUmars and RAmars can't use Shifta and Dedand, I think. Something like that. Anyway, only HUnewearl and RAmarl have access to all spells except the FO exclusive ones.

thewiredknight
Jan 23, 2003, 12:31 AM
The number of materials you use is now limited, so you can't ridiculously max out your character with duping or such.

Sedric
Jan 23, 2003, 12:50 AM
About your HUnewearl (or most Hunnies in this matter): their ATA is pure bogus now. Expect to miss alot like there's no tommorow.

TheoYumei
Jan 23, 2003, 02:24 AM
I know they also toned down the heaven's punisher and the spread needle.

Bloodberry
Jan 23, 2003, 02:35 AM
I'm sorta happy they toned down the magic for the semi magic classes.. makes forces a little more appetizing to play

Elixer
Jan 23, 2003, 11:27 AM
every character now has some sort of tone down. it gives each character a waekness.

Starseed
Jan 23, 2003, 11:51 AM
sure they have toned characters down a bit... it also creates a greater dependance on other classes. When online- I want it one force and ranger to accompany me on. I think its good.

LamerPanda
Jan 23, 2003, 05:23 PM
RAmars can still use Shifta and Deband, but not Jellen and Zalure.

Eden
Jan 23, 2003, 05:24 PM
i like it, makes Forces worth playing

Annoy
Jan 23, 2003, 08:05 PM
Yeah....that's why alot of the time you may see a game names "Ruins-Need FO" in an Ultimate game...their S & D is a major help...and the fact that they can cast reverser on you makes them all the more help to have, that way you don't constantly have to warp up and buy more Moons. And if you're a bot...they're almost a must-have.

I haven;t played the DC version for a long while...so I can much help one what's been taken away from characters....but the losses don't come without some advantages... I think o.o Bah...now I'll have to go play my DC version again....hope I didn't delete Monkey...

DemiDeviMatt
Jan 23, 2003, 09:32 PM
how are ramarls ATA wise? it kinda sucks since u guys said HuNewearls ATA is hella toned down...also how are the heavens punisher and spread needle toned down?

Kupi
Jan 23, 2003, 11:07 PM
RAmarls, from assumption, have the second best ATA in the game (best being RAmar).

In all honesty, though, some classes needed "toning down." For instance, the HUmar. Back in the V1 days, there was no reason NOT to use the HUmar. In the end, they could cast any spell as well a Force, and still kick butt because they had all the ATP and the same level of support techs. V2 didn't help much; while the FOs got higher tech levels, that ultimately meant that they played support, since the attack techs meant nothing in Ultimate. The tech damage, I think, was actually a "toning up" for Forces, since attack techs are actually viable as a method of dealing damage into Ultimate.

Savrak
Jan 23, 2003, 11:47 PM
Hucast still have the hightest attack and HP
Hucasel i think has the hightst non ranger ATA.
Humar Well They start off more powerful then the androids.