Sgt_Shligger
May 24, 2008, 07:20 PM
Happened To The Site

KodiaX987
May 24, 2008, 07:21 PM
Anything that is not True Blue is douche. :(

PhotonDrop
May 24, 2008, 07:21 PM
I don't know, but now it feels so generic. I hate it.

pikachief
May 24, 2008, 07:22 PM
yea i know lol.....

nice that they added stuff, but i dont like it D:

must fix things!!! X.x

Sgt_Shligger
May 24, 2008, 07:24 PM
Eck not digging these themes.

Dhylec
May 24, 2008, 07:26 PM
hold yer horsez, we'll add moar themez later >.>

Tomeeboy
May 24, 2008, 07:27 PM
Sounds like some people didn't read the welcome message :etongue:

PhotonDrop
May 24, 2008, 07:28 PM
Screw the themes, I hate how it now feels like the 5 million powerboards forums people throw together.

Scrub
May 24, 2008, 07:29 PM
I don't know, but now it feels so generic. I hate it.

Hit the nail on the head.

The old one had such charm. What the hell.

Weeaboolits
May 24, 2008, 07:30 PM
The quick reply box doesn't work how it did before, this displeases me. :(

Sgt_Shligger
May 24, 2008, 07:34 PM
I read the welcome thing. When I said theme I was getting at the new forum layout (so maybe theme was the wrong word choice).

Ryna
May 24, 2008, 07:35 PM
The quick reply box doesn't work how it did before, this displeases me. :(

I knew I forgot to set something. It should function like the old Quick Reply box now.

Really, if you see something that displeases you, make a thread in Site Related. There is a good chance we can fix it or make adjustments.

PhotonDrop
May 24, 2008, 07:36 PM
What is this asshattery? 10 replies per page? Aw hell naw.

Shadowpawn
May 24, 2008, 07:38 PM
The hell!? This looks like an vBulletin board!

Ketchup345
May 24, 2008, 07:41 PM
The posts per page can be changed in the control panel.

Tomeeboy
May 24, 2008, 07:42 PM
Enough bellyaching... it's SkeeBall time!
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/arcade.php?&do=viewtourney&tid=1

Shadowpawn
May 24, 2008, 07:44 PM
Where's my rounded square things! Where ARE THEY!?

Tomeeboy
May 24, 2008, 07:48 PM
There are four little ones in the header.. we added them just for you :)

Shadowpawn
May 24, 2008, 07:49 PM
~~~<3

VanHalen
May 24, 2008, 07:50 PM
Enough bellyaching... it's SkeeBall time!
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/arcade.php?&do=viewtourney&tid=1

Sign me up!

As long as :wacko: and :disapprove: are here I don't have much complaints I think.

Randomness
May 24, 2008, 07:51 PM
Well, at least the forums are back up and we can get to serious nonsensical FKLing again!

Tomeeboy
May 24, 2008, 07:56 PM
Sign me up!

As long as :wacko: and :disapprove: are here I don't have much complaints I think.

You have to sign yourself up! :) Couple spots left!

Tact
May 24, 2008, 07:57 PM
Bring it on, Tomeeboy. :wacko:

I'm ready for this tournament.

Weeaboolits
May 24, 2008, 08:00 PM
I think I lost already. ._.;

Randomness
May 24, 2008, 08:04 PM
tournament? what?

Tact
May 24, 2008, 08:05 PM
Go look at the link. :disapprove:

There's a Skee Ball tournament.

Xaeris
May 24, 2008, 08:30 PM
I signed up by complete accident. This is like my first time to this neck of the forums and I'm playing skee ball; what kind of shenanigans is this? Oh well, let us skee.

Chuck_Norris
May 24, 2008, 08:38 PM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA W!!!

It's not that bad. :disapprove:

Sord
May 24, 2008, 08:40 PM
"not that bad" is still bad, just not as bad as percieved. Is it livable, yes, do I like it, fuck no, will it make me leave the forums, I doubt it. Still, unhappy is unhappy.

KodiaX987
May 24, 2008, 08:41 PM
You Just Lost The Game.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 24, 2008, 09:49 PM
As long as it isn't as broken as the previous Frankenstein of a forum, then I'm fine with it.

I'll agree it looks "generic," but the previous forum looked like it was stuck in the last decade.

Volta
May 24, 2008, 10:08 PM
Yay, vBulletin. My favourite kind of BBS. <3

ShadowDragon28
May 24, 2008, 10:10 PM
Um, this will take sometime getting used to...

DarkEliteRico
May 24, 2008, 10:18 PM
Keep having the site log me out after attempted redirection. Wouldn't allow me to play games at first either. Oh well might still have a few lingering bugs in the system

MaximusLight
May 25, 2008, 12:55 AM
We Get Personal Fan Art Galleries Now! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

zensiyo
May 25, 2008, 01:24 AM
thanx!! for the "ignore " member button thingy . and this :etongue:

EtherForce
May 25, 2008, 01:29 AM
I see no patch notes in this thread (in fact, this thread looks like it was made by a user), I think somebody made a booboo.

XIIBlades
May 25, 2008, 01:29 AM
I honestly don't see why people are complaining so much >.> I personally think it looks fine.

dragoon-girl
May 25, 2008, 09:37 AM
It looks like everywhere else now... why?

Argh, it doesn't even have the cool character thingy now... lame, it's just a text box. >< Put it back. T_T

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2008, 10:06 AM
I think this transition would have gone a LOT better if they had waited until they had themes and such and various details worked out *before* they had the software go live.

It's pretty much guaranteed that I would have hated it much much less if it had had themes that were not generic gradient-laden boredom fests with unreadable text and prominent PSU whoreing. >_>

...I still hate vbulletin when it's not hideous, but I can at least tolerate it. I've considered just leaving for a week or two until there's a theme I can use without eyestrain/having to change my windows colours so I can make things readable by highlighting text/using high-contrast browser settings(Which is one of the most annoying options as that effects all pages, not just PSOW).

No, seriously, the complaint I've seen the most of and the one I have the most strongly myself besides overall huegness of things is the themes. In an age of gradients and pointless pattern backgrounds and overdone vbulletin boards, PSOW stood out before for the simplicity and ease of use of much of its options. Now it looks like every other forum that's too flashy and overwrought for its own good, and, yeah, the themes do not help and make a 'ugh, yuck, oh well' reaction into 'oh god kill it I hate it'.

Skeeball is cute, but it is not what I come to PSOW for. I'd much rather have a simple, legible forum that has a setup I find it easy to read for hours on with no frills, bells or whistles.

I do not seem to be alone in this.

Dhylec
May 25, 2008, 10:43 AM
It looks like everywhere else now... why?

Argh, it doesn't even have the cool character thingy now... lame, it's just a text box. >< Put it back. T_T

If you're talking about Pete-button, it's gone for now. But if there is enough demand, we'll bring it back, along with other older fave things - I hope. ;]

pikachief
May 25, 2008, 10:56 AM
Skeeball is cute, but it is not what I come to PSOW for. I'd much rather have a simple, legible forum that has a setup I find it easy to read for hours on with no frills, bells or whistles.

I do not seem to be alone in this.

shhh its a bribe :O lol jk

Ignore the problems..... enjoy some skeeball :D

watashiwa
May 25, 2008, 11:07 AM
I think this transition would have gone a LOT better if they had waited until they had themes and such and various details worked out *before* they had the software go live.

Long live Blue Black!!! *awaits it's revival diligently*

KaneKahn
May 25, 2008, 04:23 PM
Is there a way to set the Forums Skin back to what I had? I am not liking this new one.

VioletSkye
May 25, 2008, 04:27 PM
No, however you can request a theme in the following thread to possibly be created at a future time.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142928

TheOneHero
May 25, 2008, 04:37 PM
Are disgusting.

Chuck_Norris
May 25, 2008, 04:47 PM
What new forums? Looks like the same ones we had before to me. Other than Trading getting split into 3 forums, I don't see what's new.

TheOneHero
May 25, 2008, 05:03 PM
You serious Chuck? Didn't you do the "upgrade" thing it asks when you try to log in?

SStrikerR
May 25, 2008, 05:54 PM
Dammit people, the upgrade was supposed to make it better, not delete stuff like our mood and whatnot. Upgrades usually make things better, not ugly as hell and even harder to work yourself around in.

Also I agree with photondrop's posts.

edit: There's my 2337th post. lol

Chuck_Norris
May 25, 2008, 08:16 PM
You serious Chuck? Didn't you do the "upgrade" thing it asks when you try to log in?

You said forum. Not "Forum Skin" or "Forum Theme". :wacko:

Kylie
May 25, 2008, 09:53 PM
I know a lot's not done yet, and there some things that I immediately like over the old software. But I'm not ready to say if I like this or not because there are also things I miss from the old stuff (surprising since I was one of the biggest ones for the change :lol:). We'll see.

Shadowpawn
May 26, 2008, 11:21 AM
lol, now this thread's in rants. I like how it's doing a tour de force of the site. Maybe if it gets a large amount of post it will head back to FKL.

KodiaX987
May 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
They're making it roll across all the sub-forums to make sure everyone sees it. :wacko:

Know what would be boss? An algorithm that detects topic derails and auto-moves the topic to the appropriate forum.

Sayara
May 26, 2008, 11:40 AM
you and your Arab Computer Buddys can handle that Shuri =3

BlaizeYES
May 26, 2008, 02:16 PM
it does look interesting, and isnt as appealing as the old forum setup. but DO NOT FEAR CHANGE

Raine_Loire
May 26, 2008, 02:42 PM
I like it a lot... But it's still strange to me- like when I was in school, at the beginning of the year the room was all unfamiliar and odd looking, but by the end of the year I'd think 'did I really think this was weird?'

Blaize, it's funny how you end your posts with a motto... it's like an Aesop's fable. something to sum up your whole post all in caps... we should all do that, lol.

SURRENDER!

Tomeeboy
May 26, 2008, 02:55 PM
We're just passing the thread around to make sure that all possible nay-sayers see it and make a post. Next, we'll move the thread to the private mod forum and systematically ban each of the protestors to silence them forever! Muahahahahaha!

.... or we'll just leave it in rants, haven't decided yet :D

Nai_Calus
May 26, 2008, 05:17 PM
They're making it roll across all the sub-forums to make sure everyone sees it. :wacko:

Know what would be boss? An algorithm that detects topic derails and auto-moves the topic to the appropriate forum.

Dear god no. Every unlocked topic on PSOW would be in FKL by the end of the first day.

We would MAKE THEM. >D

We're just passing the thread around to make sure that all possible nay-sayers see it and make a post. Next, we'll move the thread to the private mod forum and systematically ban each of the protestors to silence them forever! Muahahahahaha!

.... or we'll just leave it in rants, haven't decided yet :D

I wouldn't be surprised by the former. :disapprove: :wacko: