PDA

View Full Version : *people with redria* is it the itemless wonder or expecting

Bloodberry
Jan 23, 2003, 02:21 AM
My hucaseal has a redria ID, and it seemed pretty nice when I got a musashi and yamato on my first runs through the hard/v.hard dragons, but as I passed v.hard I noticed people online always seemed to have just craploads of good weapons. I know they could have just as well twinked it, but even when playing in other people's games red boxes seem to be falling from the sky like they were trash. Most of them turned out to be something useful (i.e. not 9 star).

what's more is just recently I beat falz on v.hard and ran through ult. forest about four times (level 70,) and got a total of no red boxes. nothing even remotely useful! the dragon wouldn't drop anything 3 of the 4 times, and the fourth item was a monomate.

So my question is, am I expecting too much as far as rare drops go? I thought four runs would turn up something.. maybe they just don't pop up as much as I think, and maybe online just causes more reds to drop. Any advice?

Driadyte
Jan 23, 2003, 02:44 AM
When you get to Ultimate, don't expect as many drops as you used to get, but when you do, they're generally better. I'm Redria also, and if you're like me, you were probably plagued by Diskas of Liberator. Since getting to Ultimate, I don't think I've found more than a couple. Enemies in Ultimate have lower drop %s, but the items they drop are generally 10 *s or worthwhile 9 *s. I generally get 1 rare weapon per run of an area at this point.

Just wait till you get a Lavis Cannon off a red slime, it'll make all the dry runs worth it. Not that I'd know the feeling or anything....yet...

Goldstix69
Jan 23, 2003, 03:28 AM
I'm Redria and all I can say is that it rocks. I've found all sorts of rares. Just stick with it. Sometimes you will get them and sometimes you won't.

MaJin
Jan 23, 2003, 04:00 AM
I got 2 god/battles from Hildear doin Hs run in ult... u should try it, might get lucky http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 23, 2003, 11:53 AM
Most REDRIA finds are defensive/support items...

You were really lucky early on (both MUSASHI & YAMATO on the first try is amazing luck). Just keep doing runs and you'll find more good stuff.

Pynix
Jan 23, 2003, 12:19 PM
It is possible to find an unbelievable amount of rares when you do not intend to look for them. As for me, it was raining animal parts in Hard and diska gallore in VHard. In Ultimate and Normal I was finding Photon Drops like crazy.

I recently was looking for a Spirit Garment and took me over 50+ runs in VHard Mountains (Ep. 2) to finally get Gibbles to drop it. I've never gotten a rare from bosses except once by luck the boss of Mines in VHard dropped something... I think it was a Diska or something.

I find that when you try to look for an item it never seems to drop. I'm currently running in Normal Ruins to find an Invis Guard from Chaos Bringers and my runs have numbered in the hundreds. It's mostly patience but even I'm about to lose patience for this particular item.

You'll be surprised to find lots of useful items, but I believe that even within the same ID class, different character types may find different things. For example I'm HUcaseal and I've never found a Stag Cutlery, on the other hand I've found God Body (offline), 2 Demolition Comets (offline), 2 H&S Justice (online), Secret Gear (offline), etc...

Elusive_Llama
Jan 23, 2003, 12:41 PM
It's not really what you can find and use...it's what you can find and trade for something you can use.

Stalfos333
Jan 23, 2003, 03:06 PM
I play Ult as a Redria, and unsurprisingly am swamped with Diskas. Not Liberator anymore, but Braveman is actually worse once you consider the hp draining attack. Doing it once to a group of four enemies can do upwards of 400 HP damage to yourself, and the damage to enemies is not worth it (ignoring the fact that by the time you finish, the enemy has swarmed you and is relatively unhurt comparatively). At least one enemy an area drops the Diska of Braveman, including the first two bosses. And they DO drop them, a sort of taunt to a player expecting something useful.

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 23, 2003, 03:42 PM
Don't worry,my main char. is in Ultimate and I don't find many reds but when I do ,they are decent-great (except for diskas)

Muku6
Jan 23, 2003, 04:37 PM
I'm glad to see some people having luck with Redria. Other than finding the normal Varista, Diska of Bravemen, Diska of Liberator, and Photon Drops I've only found (weaponwise) a Talis (I guess that was kinda lucky to get, got it on my first run through Caves in Hard). Ugh. I'm in Ultimate, but waiting on that since it's a bit too much for my FOmarl to handle right now without going bankrupt in two seconds flat.

Anyways, I'm still looking for anything to excite me than the normal stupid rares. -_- Even Yamato or something, even though I traded for one already. Oh well.

Sydney
Jan 23, 2003, 06:09 PM
I feel your pain. I'm a Redria HUmar, and I have terrible luck finding anything good what-so-ever. I've been trying to get a nano dragon to drop a double saber( yes, just a simple double saber) and I haven't even seen them drop anything, not even a normal box half the time. But Yes I did get lucky once and got a Yamato off the dragon on my second run

gunome
Jan 23, 2003, 06:10 PM
my friend that i play with always , has a lvl 150 ramarl redria, and he finds shyt left and right ts ridiculous!! hes found the most drops out of anyone i kno playing, and he started just leaving rares he found on the ground cause he was finding so many that weren't as good as what he already had. but i say any rare is a good rare, at leest ur finding SOMETHING ":P

Blade_1
Jan 23, 2003, 06:22 PM
REDRIA RULES!!!!

I'll share with you the best items i have found some of which more than once, don't give up keep searching. * indicates i love this item. All found offline with REDRIA except HP Revival.

God/Battle
God/Body
God/TP
Cure/Freeze*
TP/REVIVAL
HP/REVIVAL
Spirit Garment*
Electro Frame*
Sacred Cloth
Demo. Comet
Red Handgun
Red Mechgun* - why cant HUnewearls use? Grrrrrr.
Asuka 0/50/30/20 - Yay!*************
Magic Rock Moola
Plantain Leaf
Ano Rifle*

Yasminknov 2000H (online, not REDRIA but it made my RAcast happy)

Forgot to say lv 165 with just over 400 hours.

Happy hunting.

halfmex
Jan 23, 2003, 07:45 PM
Wow. Nice finds, Blade. Just out of curiosity, how many runs did it take you to find that Asuka? I've been doing cave runs for (total, not straight through) about 30 hrs, and I can't get those stupid Crimson Asassins to drop it. Man, I hate those things.

And to everyone else who complains about finding diskas...I feel your pain.

Diska of Liberator x 17
Diska of Braveman x 14 (Including one from the Sil Dragon. Grrr...why couldn't it have been Dragon's Claw??)
Slicer of Assassin (suprisingly) x 4

Redria is a cool ID but, man, it's either all good or all crap sometimes, y'know?

TeamPhalanx
Jan 23, 2003, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't say all good. If you're a HUnter you get mostly one-on-one melee weapons, which only do you good in CCA. I suppose it's nice for RAngers, but the difficulty in finding Rifles is a pain. There aren't too many FOrce items I can think of...

Personally, if I could alter ids at a whim, I'd be SKYLY. Unfortunately, unless ST changes the letter system for ids, Phalanx will always be a REDRIA.

Hiirigazawa
Jan 23, 2003, 08:27 PM
I don't think you're expecting too much for rares. It maybe that you're just not getting any at the moment. Keep at it.

Anyway, my Redria is unbeleivably good at finding materials. I find an average of 4 on each Ult Forest run. (Found 7 one run) Wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm proud to be Redria. Even if people think its not such a good ID.

preemofire_234
Jan 23, 2003, 09:32 PM
On 2003-01-23 15:09, Sydney wrote:
I feel your pain. I'm a Redria HUmar, and I have terrible luck finding anything good what-so-ever. I've been trying to get a nano dragon to drop a double saber( yes, just a simple double saber) and I haven't even seen them drop anything, not even a normal box half the time. But Yes I did get lucky once and got a Yamato off the dragon on my second run

I have found Double sabers off of Chaos Bringers on Hard and normal, so keep trying. You'll have no luck in caves

Bloodberry
Jan 23, 2003, 10:05 PM
Wow, that's all very comforting! Blade do you have some sort of luck heavy load-out or special runs or something? Actually, it probably has something more to do with 400 hours.. well I guess I'll have to do that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Blade_1
Jan 24, 2003, 04:03 AM
What i tend to do is target a rare and repeat the area where it can be found over and over however long it may take, btw the Asuka was a nightmare i only got it when i hit about lv 150 after about 50+ Addicting Foods and countless cave runs. For the record i have 100 luck but thats for critical hits or so i am led to believe but i think that there is no solid way in which to test whether high luck= more finds. Still looking for the Invisible Guard and Lavis Cannon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 24, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-01-23 17:27, Hiirigazawa wrote:
I don't think you're expecting too much for rares. It maybe that you're just not getting any at the moment. Keep at it.

Anyway, my Redria is unbeleivably good at finding materials. I find an average of 4 on each Ult Forest run. (Found 7 one run) Wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm proud to be Redria. Even if people think its not such a good ID.

word to that!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PRINCE-MALIK
Jan 24, 2003, 04:04 PM
On 2003-01-23 19:05, Bloodberry wrote:
Wow, that's all very comforting! Blade do you have some sort of luck heavy load-out or special runs or something? Actually, it probably has something more to do with 400 hours.. well I guess I'll have to do that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

dON'T WORRY in Redria, good items come with heard work (I been workin hard for Asuka and still haven't found found it though)

Nai_Calus
Jul 19, 2003, 08:19 PM
My HUmar loves REDRIA. He's an ORAN himself, but one of my other characters is a REDRIA FOmar. The HUmar loves it because thanks to the FOmar, he has such shiny things as a Secret Gear, a Cure/Shock, a God/Battle, a Demolition Comet and a Lavis Cannon. Redria finds some niiiice stuff.