PDA

View Full Version : PSU Why did they capitalize SEED?

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 11:26 AM
Or TECHNICs? Or GUARDIANS?

I don't think thur doin it rite hur hur

Just finished the story mode for PSU for the second time (I actually enjoyed the story), and I just wanted to talk about some things. As a side note, for some reason I have a longing to play PSO. I think PSU is a much better game all around, but there was a certain magic to the complex simplicity of PSO. And the offline 4 player multiplayer on GameCube was awesome.

Seriously though, the random capitalizations are annoying >___> And why isn't the final boss in story mode a trial?

Um, hmm. Some things I would like to see improved upon in PSU (Well, I haven't played PSU:Aoti so things might have improved since then), or the mission varieties. They should make online missions were you actually do things besides killing monsters with your friends. I know they can do it, and they really should. Would add a lot more fun to it.

Also, they should make more incentive to have teammates. I mean, besides it being more fun with them. But it would be nice to have missions where you are more encouraged to co-operate. And, from what I hear, Aoti makes the game a lot easier. They need to have more challenge (coughchallengemodecough), and make the bosses actually worth fighting. Usually getting to the bosses is harder than the bosses themselves.

Another thing about the bosses, I think the bosses in PSO were a lot more interesting and inspired then the bosses in PSU. In PSU it's either GIANT ROBOT OF DOOM or LARGE MONSTER OF DOOM. Sure, the bosses in PSO were big, but at least in that you didn't just march up to their faces and slash them till they were dead, it was a little more complex then that. I'm looking at the bosses in the Cave and Mine, mostly. I liked having to evade and time your hits in the Cave boss, and the Mine boss was interesting because there was just more to do when fighting it. The dragon in PSO was better too, with the flying and the digging and stuffs. Actually, the boss battles in PSU feel like they were engineered for solo gaming, not playing with real human partners.

I can't speak much for the online mode in PSO, as I never got to play it online. Everytime I called gamestop and asked them if the GameCube network adapter was out they said it didn't exist. *shrug*

I don't understand why you can't play the online story missions with friends either. That would add to the fun surely. They would have to adapt the missions somewhat, but it would make for a better game overall, I think.

Also, if it isn't too much, can someone list the improvements made in Aoti? I mean, all the steps in the right direction.

I miss Delsabers >_>

EtherForce
May 25, 2008, 11:56 AM
Hah hah, I remember the capitalizations from PSO too. I think it's supposed to be reminiscent of Phantasy Star's 'futuristic font' lol.

I agree that the enemies in PSU aren't as creative as the ones in PSO, and they keep reusing the same ones so it seems less creative, heh.

Shinko
May 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
So it capitalize what's the big deal? i don't understand why ppl get so mad when things are all caps or when someone talk in all caps. really i just dont. do all cap letter annoy ppl that much? maybe it's one of those things in life i'll never understand...

and as for boss. me personally, i think all the bosses on psu and pso was easy unless u are well low lvl (besides sil dragon on ultimate on pso ep2) dark flaz isn't as hard as many ppl make it seem. if u could survive his grants and the slash moves of his last form ur good to go. and yea the bosses on psu is easy too but the easy boss was on pso in mines (don't remember his name)

I agree with you about the team things and people should beable to play together offline but hey it's sega team. you cant expect much from them. (now if it was nintendo or sony that be a different story.... also delsabers are back in aoti.......

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 12:25 PM
So it capitalize what's the big deal? i don't understand why ppl get so mad when things are all caps or when someone talk in all caps. really i just dont. do all cap letter annoy ppl that much? maybe it's one of those things in life i'll never understand...

It wouldn't be A huge DEAL if they were using it AS emphasis in normal conversation, but JUST capitalizing it RANDOMLY can BE a little weird, and in some CASES irritating.

"I agree with you about the team things and people should beable to play together offline but hey it's sega team. you cant expect much from them. (now if it was nintendo or sony that be a different story.... also delsabers are back in aoti......."

I don't expect much from Sony or Nintendo either, to be honest. They're just game companies, you take what you can get. I think Sega Team has done a pretty good job.

Shinko
May 25, 2008, 01:02 PM
It wouldn't be A huge DEAL if they were using it AS emphasis in normal conversation, but JUST capitalizing it RANDOMLY can BE a little weird, and in some CASES irritating.

Well.... i guess (don't bother me at all though)

I don't expect much from Sony or Nintendo either, to be honest. They're just game companies, you take what you can get. I think Sega Team has done a pretty good job.

Yea you may be right be i know can expect more from them than sega. Your one of the very few that think there doing a good job. Site reviews and sells say other wise... (sonic and phantasy star is what save sega. ppl love there sonic no matter how much sega mess him up)

BigshowPat
May 25, 2008, 01:08 PM
I would like to have an option to change all text to PSU font.

That would make story mode all that more interesting, lol!

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
I made the mistake of giving respect to the theme music earlier today when I started on Chapter 12 and watched the entire opening.

Now the song is stuck in my head! They should of kept the lyrics in Japanese, the song would of sounded better that way, I think.

BigshowPat
May 25, 2008, 01:17 PM
You know you'd rather have it in english, lol! :P

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 01:21 PM
:P

I like anime, and anime music (I have some on my itunes), and the music to the theme song is catchy, with the pretty cutscenes. But, the lyrics are just horrifying. "We. fight. for. TWO-MAR-ROW! It is a battle UH-GANZST TyyyyMEEEEE!!!"

Tiyr
May 25, 2008, 03:32 PM
:P

I like anime, and anime music (I have some on my itunes), and the music to the theme song is catchy, with the pretty cutscenes. But, the lyrics are just horrifying. "We. fight. for. TWO-MAR-ROW! It is a battle UH-GANZST TyyyyMEEEEE!!!"

That is so going in my sig.

(side note--another Mainer! Holy Crap! ....even if I don't live there anymore)

Battlestar
May 25, 2008, 03:41 PM
Simple, they know how much everyone hates Gundam SEED Destiny

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 04:17 PM
How are the clothing options in AotI? Are there any female Newman outfits that don't consist of short shorts?

I really hate short shorts. I would never wear them and I don't want my character wearing them Ò_Ó

"(side note--another Mainer! Holy Crap! ....even if I don't live there anymore)"

Wasn't born in Maine. I consider myself an Alaskan, born and raised, but I am enjoying it here in Maine. I just wish I was close enough to the city to get a good internet connection.

*is still hoping that satellite works for PSU*

MelanyKoura
May 25, 2008, 04:27 PM

Just finished the story mode for PSU for the second time (I actually enjoyed the story), and I just wanted to talk about some things. As a side note, for some reason I have a longing to play PSO. I think PSU is a much better game all around, but there was a certain magic to the complex simplicity of PSO. And the offline 4 player multiplayer on GameCube was awesome.

Seriously though, the random capitalizations are annoying >___> And why isn't the final boss in story mode a trial?

Um, hmm. Some things I would like to see improved upon in PSU (Well, I haven't played PSU:Aoti so things might have improved since then), or the mission varieties. They should make online missions were you actually do things besides killing monsters with your friends. I know they can do it, and they really should. Would add a lot more fun to it.

Also, they should make more incentive to have teammates. I mean, besides it being more fun with them. But it would be nice to have missions where you are more encouraged to co-operate. And, from what I hear, Aoti makes the game a lot easier. They need to have more challenge (coughchallengemodecough), and make the bosses actually worth fighting. Usually getting to the bosses is harder than the bosses themselves.

Another thing about the bosses, I think the bosses in PSO were a lot more interesting and inspired then the bosses in PSU. In PSU it's either GIANT ROBOT OF DOOM or LARGE MONSTER OF DOOM. Sure, the bosses in PSO were big, but at least in that you didn't just march up to their faces and slash them till they were dead, it was a little more complex then that. I'm looking at the bosses in the Cave and Mine, mostly. I liked having to evade and time your hits in the Cave boss, and the Mine boss was interesting because there was just more to do when fighting it. The dragon in PSO was better too, with the flying and the digging and stuffs. Actually, the boss battles in PSU feel like they were engineered for solo gaming, not playing with real human partners.

I can't speak much for the online mode in PSO, as I never got to play it online. Everytime I called gamestop and asked them if the GameCube network adapter was out they said it didn't exist. *shrug*

I don't understand why you can't play the online story missions with friends either. That would add to the fun surely. They would have to adapt the missions somewhat, but it would make for a better game overall, I think.

Also, if it isn't too much, can someone list the improvements made in Aoti? I mean, all the steps in the right direction.

I miss Delsabers >_>

1.) Asking this question is pretty much pointless. It's capitalized; big flipping deal. If you're gonna start picking away at stuff like that, go be a game critic.

2.) Missions without killing monsters will most likely never happen since that's what the game revolves around; purifying SEED Forms and SEED infected native creatures.

3.) Incentive to having teammates? One, they can make the missions go faster. Two, they can keep you from dying. Three, unless you know what the loving hell you're doing, you'll die a lot when soloing higher difficulties (HIVE anyone?).

4.) Everyone has been screaming for Challenge Mode since day one; join the club in the next room.

5.) PSO has Giant Monsters/Robots of Doom as well. Not as many, but they still had them. Hildebear? Garanz(sp?)? Either of those ring bells? And by the way, you did run up and smack the bosses in the face in PSO.
Dragon: Run up and hit his head or legs
De Rol Le: Smacked him in the face when he beached himself on your raft
Vol Opt: Smacked the nodes and the monitors, then attacked his body
Dark Falz (Forms 1-3, since that's all I saw): You run up and smack the stuff he rides on, then his chest.

6.) Online mode is more difficult than offline mode. Offline mode spoon feeds you everything from normal and job exp to skill exp. Not to mention the damage they do is insanely broken.
Side Note: You had to call into Nintendo to get the network adapter

7.) Online story mode = the story of one individual and his/her instructor, Laia. It makes sense if you think about it.

That's about all I gotta say. Have a nice day.

Sasamichan
May 25, 2008, 04:41 PM
I made the mistake of giving respect to the theme music earlier today when I started on Chapter 12 and watched the entire opening.

Now the song is stuck in my head! They should of kept the lyrics in Japanese, the song would of sounded better that way, I think.

If I remember correctly, the Japanese version theme music is also in English.

BigshowPat
May 25, 2008, 05:05 PM
I don't think the music is that horrible. At least they brought out the PSO music discs we can use. That was some epic music.

Shinko
May 25, 2008, 05:08 PM

"I agree with you about the team things and people should beable to play together offline but hey it's sega team. you cant expect much from them. (now if it was nintendo or sony that be a different story.... also delsabers are back in aoti......."

1.) Asking this question is pretty much pointless. It's capitalized; big flipping deal. If you're gonna start picking away at stuff like that, go be a game critic.

2.) Missions without killing monsters will most likely never happen since that's what the game revolves around; purifying SEED Forms and SEED infected native creatures.

3.) Incentive to having teammates? One, they can make the missions go faster. Two, they can keep you from dying. Three, unless you know what the loving hell you're doing, you'll die a lot when soloing higher difficulties (HIVE anyone?).

4.) Everyone has been screaming for Challenge Mode since day one; join the club in the next room.

5.) PSO has Giant Monsters/Robots of Doom as well. Not as many, but they still had them. Hildebear? Garanz(sp?)? Either of those ring bells? And by the way, you did run up and smack the bosses in the face in PSO.
Dark Falz (Forms 1-3, since that's all I saw): You run up and smack the stuff he rides on, then his chest.

6.) Online mode is more difficult than offline mode. Offline mode spoon feeds you everything from normal and job exp to skill exp. Not to mention the damage they do is insanely broken.

7.) Online story mode = the story of one individual and his/her instructor, Laia. It makes sense if you think about it.

lol man i couldn't of said it better

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 05:13 PM

1. Now now, I was just making an observation, please don't jump on my back about it. I don't dislike the game any less because some words are capitalized, I just found it bizarre and slightly annoying at times.

2. What I meant to suggest was that there should be some missions (with friends) where there is more to it then just killing monsters. Not that you don't kill any monsters, just that that isn't the main goal of the mission.

3. Yeah, those are all there, but I mean missions where you have to co-operate in more than just killing things. I don't really have any examples, though. It was just a suggestion.

4. Kay

5. There was more strategy involved in PSO's bosses then the bosses in PSU. That was the point I was trying to make.

7. *shrug* I just think it would be cool to go through the story with your friends.

Juza
May 25, 2008, 06:02 PM
5. There was more strategy involved in PSO's bosses then the bosses in PSU. That was the point I was trying to make.

Whaaaa?

PSO Dragon: Run up, smack. Repeat.

PSU Dragon: Run up, smack. Repeat.

PSO De Rol Le: Ra*, Shotgun.

PSU De Rol Le: Ra* or whatever you techers use these days, Shotgun. Moveable raft.

Vol Opt: Ra*, Shotgun. Run around screaming and laughing at people who get splattered. Ra*, Shotgun.

Falz: Ra*, Shotgun. For Hard, run around screaming and laughing at people who get nailed by energy balls.

PSO had very little strategery in terms of boss fights. Dodge isn't a strategy. :p Not that PSU is much better, though. That moveable raft has to count for something though, am I right?

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 06:09 PM
Well, I think that it had a bit more strategy. Just my opinion.

And I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I love the game, there are just things that I thought should be improved on.

RemiusTA
May 25, 2008, 06:32 PM

I miss Delsabers >_>

Are you fucking serious

give me my two miniutes back, god damn

PSO boss stragety = CHARGE MECHGUN RAFOIE J SWORD

for the 8-trillioth fucking time, THIS ISNT PSO, GET OVER IT. Im so fed up with these retarded topics i dont know what to do with them anymore but CURSE. You seriously started this conversation complaining about why SEED is capitalized?

There is nothing more complex about PSO than in PSU, except the composition of the frigging music. I really wish you people would stop wasting our time with this bull.

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
Are you fucking serious

give me my two miniutes back, god damn

PSO boss stragety = CHARGE MECHGUN RAFOIE J SWORD

for the 8-trillioth fucking time, THIS ISNT PSO, GET OVER IT.

"I think PSU is a much better game all around"

"And I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I love the game, there are just things that I thought should be improved on."

I don't want this game to be PSO. I like PSU. PSU is a better game then PSO. There are things in PSO that I liked that are not in PSU. If PSU could incorporate those things it would be perfect for me. But, PSU, as it is, is much better than PSO and I like it better.

Now please stop overreacting.

BigshowPat
May 25, 2008, 06:48 PM
I have to agree. We all know that PSU IS NOT PSO. We like things from both and it is just one person's opinion against another.

I know that the stragey for PSO was different than PSU, because I used to solo A WHOLE LOT. So it wasn't just running around smacking everything with a tech, shotgun, or J-Sword.

But there is no need to get offended, and there is no need to be rude.

Anyways...back on topic. Does anyone know why they capitalized some words and not others?

RemiusTA
May 25, 2008, 06:51 PM
Sorry if im rude, but we get far too many of those types of retarded topics and we get them by the week.

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 07:24 PM
Sorry if im rude, but we get far too many of those types of retarded topics and we get them by the week.

It's okay, I just don't want to start any arguments or anything. If I had known this thread would be so inflammatory or that people would take it the wrong way, I probably wouldn't have made it.

Anyways...back on topic. Does anyone know why they capitalized some words and not others?"

*shrug*, I think SEGA does it in other games too. I've never understood why.

Proff
May 26, 2008, 03:29 AM
The thing that really kills me about PSU is how they made grinding even MORE boring and repetitive than it already was. PSO and PSU were both about constant grinds, but at least a "block" in PSO had a large variety of enemies that you fought somewhat differently. In PSU a block never has more than 3 enemies and that's really sad. Especially in a block that has rare monsters. All you fight is nothing but Ollakas and worms for 10 minutes then you fight a group of rappies.

Wow, I just found another photon saber that's shaped slightly different than my A-Rank. This one is an S-Rank, wow. Aww, but it's only 12%. Guess I'll just keep using my A-Rank that's 32% and grinded a couple of times anyway, especially since Tenora A-Ranks are stronger than GRM S-Ranks anyway. I could go for looks, but there's only a handful of weapons in PSU that actually LOOK different anyway.

shadowsniper6
May 26, 2008, 04:56 AM
i THINK (note i said think) PSO boss fights were harder than PSU boss fights are now

Piper_Maru
May 26, 2008, 05:04 AM
I don't think the grinding in PSU is more repetitive then the grinding in PSO.

shadowsniper6
May 26, 2008, 05:10 AM

you never failed at grinding in PSO i don't think anyway i never failed lol

Piper_Maru
May 26, 2008, 06:02 AM
I thought you were talking about level grinding >___>

shadowsniper6
May 26, 2008, 06:12 AM
I thought you were talking about level grinding >___>

lol i forgot to put weapon im srry i confused you

Darksparda
May 26, 2008, 09:21 AM

I may have to agree with you on that. Of course since I solo a lot(90 something percent of the time to more accurate) I can't really tell much of a difference between the grinding of pso and psu.

Nuclearranger
May 26, 2008, 10:01 AM
I will have to agree on the bosses 110% think Gal Gryphon, Olga, Falz. and on PSOBB the episode 4 boss* *all 3 varieties of him-Normal -Rare and quest version*

All of those were different! No reskins!

EVEN PSOs reskins wern't reskins you might say Barba ray and the Gol Dragon were reskins of De rol le and the dragon but honestly? The gol dragon morfed into 3 of himself so you had to fight 3 dragons. And barba ray used alot of attacks that De Rol had nothing on. You fought them compleatly different.

In PSU you have the Onma/Dima the Dragon/Zol Dragon the De rol le/ falz**also wtf falz as rol le? let down...* and the robot/other robot.... oh.. dont forget the 2 headed dragon/white 2 headed dragon

5 sets all with reskins *fakis and falz will make it the last set so we have 6 sets*

PSO had 9 different bosses. I see PSO as having more even though PSU says they have 12...

Mendou
May 26, 2008, 10:43 AM
The reason for the capitalization of certain words comes from the original Japanese text, wherein those words would be written in all caps. Japanese, which has two different syllabic "alphabets" as well as a set of pictographs, treats capitals as different from lower-case letters, despite their not affecting the pronunciation or meaning of the word at all. It's more a way to emphasize them as being important. I can think of one Japanese CD I've got with two completely different songs named "Cry". However, one is "cry" and the other is "CRY", and to a Japanese speaker the two are different enough so it doesn't matter.

As for the PSU opening song's lyrics being in English, they've always been in English (as they are in the official soundtrack only released in Japan).

Schubalts
May 26, 2008, 12:05 PM
Engrish songs are the best songs.

Piper_Maru
May 26, 2008, 01:55 PM
The reason for the capitalization of certain words comes from the original Japanese text, wherein those words would be written in all caps. Japanese, which has two different syllabic "alphabets" as well as a set of pictographs, treats capitals as different from lower-case letters, despite their not affecting the pronunciation or meaning of the word at all. It's more a way to emphasize them as being important. I can think of one Japanese CD I've got with two completely different songs named "Cry". However, one is "cry" and the other is "CRY", and to a Japanese speaker the two are different enough so it doesn't matter.

Oh. Well that makes some sense.

As for the PSU opening song's lyrics being in English, they've always been in English (as they are in the official soundtrack only released in Japan).

I didn't know that. Should have just recorded it in Japanese then. I think it would sound better if you didn't understand what they were saying x-x

BigshowPat
May 26, 2008, 04:02 PM
I didn't know that either. That would explain a lot!

Ryudo
May 27, 2008, 01:27 AM
I will have to agree on the bosses 110% think Gal Gryphon, Olga, Falz. and on PSOBB the episode 4 boss* *all 3 varieties of him-Normal -Rare and quest version*

All of those were different! No reskins!

EVEN PSOs reskins wern't reskins you might say Barba ray and the Gol Dragon were reskins of De rol le and the dragon but honestly? The gol dragon morfed into 3 of himself so you had to fight 3 dragons. And barba ray used alot of attacks that De Rol had nothing on. You fought them compleatly different.

In PSU you have the Onma/Dima the Dragon/Zol Dragon the De rol le/ falz**also wtf falz as rol le? let down...* and the robot/other robot.... oh.. dont forget the 2 headed dragon/white 2 headed dragon

5 sets all with reskins *fakis and falz will make it the last set so we have 6 sets*

PSO had 9 different bosses. I see PSO as having more even though PSU says they have 12...

oh, a PSO WUZ BETAR post, havent seen one of those in 5 seconds.

De Rol Le and barba used different attack? Guess what? PSU De Rol Le and Dark Falz use different attacks too, they're both still just reskins
Gol Dragon was different because it split into 3? then how is Alterazgoug not MORE different by creating ghosts around the arena? they're both just reskins

Take off the rose tinted glasses buddy, PSO had 7 bosses in 5 or 6 years

Zorafim
May 27, 2008, 01:52 AM
It's fairly difficult not to have rose-tinted glasses when talking about PSO. I had them on five seconds after turning the game on for the first time.
As for the boss issue, at least PSO admitted to reskinning. PSU is kind of like "Hey look, we have new content!".

Wait, how the hell did this turn into another PSO vs. PSU fight? We're talking about grammar.