PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast vs Wii

DC_PLAYER
May 25, 2008, 06:36 PM
ok, near the end the dreamcast says that it can run Divx movies wich is true and the wii can't hear audio CDs, please tell me that's a joke......

i laught so hard i am going to sleep happy now

OWNED, dreamcast wins, flawless victory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrdfTRlUtvU

KodiaX987
May 25, 2008, 08:03 PM
Sounds deliciously cute, but I have yet to see someone using a Dreamcast as his main CD player.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
May 25, 2008, 08:08 PM
Gamecube is a tank too. Don't remember where I found the vid though.

Retehi
May 25, 2008, 08:12 PM
For our next meaningless bout, Xbox 360 vs. 3DO!

Blitzkommando
May 25, 2008, 08:16 PM
Who actually uses their game system as their primary CD player? I buy a game system, to you know, play games.

Raine_Loire
May 25, 2008, 08:24 PM
I actually used the dreamcast as my primary CD player. My exhusband got the system my parents bought me when I graduated high school in the divorce. So I used the DC and my TV for a long time. Til I jacked my little brother's portable.

Zarode
May 25, 2008, 09:05 PM
Who actually uses their game system as their primary CD player? I buy a game system, to you know, play games.

BLASPHEMY. D:< Nobody uses game consoles to play just games. THAT'S WRONG. Look at the ps2 and above.

:wacko:

Sounds like someone is butthurt in that video.

Tomeeboy
May 25, 2008, 09:24 PM
Tell 'em Jean-Claude Van Damme... err Dreamcast!

Seriously, my Wii has been collecting dust since December ;)

Powder Keg
May 25, 2008, 10:31 PM
lol....Dreamcast.

BTW, the Saturn was a way better CD player because you can mess with the pitch.

Syl
May 25, 2008, 10:39 PM
lol....Dreamcast.

BTW, the Saturn was a way better CD player because you can mess with the pitch.

lol that was really fun back in the day.

Dragwind
May 25, 2008, 10:52 PM
So the audio/video player qualities break a gaming console for you? Shoot me if I prefer my systems to play games better than play audio cds/dvds, in which I have other stuff made primarily to do better.

On a side note, both are great systems that share a spot next to each other on my entertainment system rack.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 25, 2008, 11:23 PM
Wait, comparing DC to the Wii? How the hell does this work? And for their capabilities at playing Audio CDs of all things? Uhh, yeah.
>.>
<.<

Monochrome
May 26, 2008, 12:42 AM
Never used Dreamcast as a cd player, though I did try the psx once or twice. Use my PS2 for bootdiscing foreign DVDs, and I always feel guilty for wasting away its lifespan for non-gaming purposes.

Never been sold on a system for its "non-game" functions... nor have I found it a detracting issue.

SpikeOtacon
May 26, 2008, 02:54 AM
I play my Dreamcast and Dreamcast 3 Xbox 360 quite a lot. They are brother systems, no doubt. But my Wii has almost not been touched since I beat the hell out of Brawl back in March.

Dreamcast Wins...friendship?

Eihwaz
May 26, 2008, 12:08 PM
Um, if I want to play CDs, I'll use my CD player or possibly my PC, not my game consoles. And as awesome as Dreamcasts are, they can't play No More Heroes, so...:wacko:

DC_PLAYER
May 26, 2008, 12:18 PM
i'm not saying it's a bad quality, but it was something i didn't know because i tought it could read any contet of a cd like a dreamcast.
i mean there are duzens of programs to read many stuff on the dreamcast, from wav files, mp3, images, text, video.....

sometime i would listen music on my dreamcast and considering i use my computer sound system as output then i can hear some good quality music :D

Raine_Loire
May 26, 2008, 02:49 PM
So the audio/video player qualities break a gaming console for you? Shoot me if I prefer my systems to play games better than play audio cds/dvds, in which I have other stuff made primarily to do better.

On a side note, both are great systems that share a spot next to each other on my entertainment system rack.

Woo, look at Mr Moneybags, bragging that he has something to game with AND something to play music with!

JK

Actually, the cd playing ability is getting to be moot with people buying mp3 players...

if they started putting out new games for DC, I'd buy them (shenmue 3, plz plz plz???) but I gpt rid of my wii, so I won't be buying new games for THAT lol.

ShinAnt
May 26, 2008, 08:20 PM
*Looks at Ipod.*

*Ipod looks back*

"OH HI! I've upgraded your Cd's!"

Funny thing. I use Winamp Remote on my Wii before. Lags like Brawl wifi match though.

Nitro Vordex
May 26, 2008, 10:16 PM
This makes me want to find more DC games.

Freeze
May 26, 2008, 10:26 PM
That was a great video and a perfect example as why my DC still gets as much attention as my 360. Especially now that I scored a BBA for it.

Larian
May 27, 2008, 12:01 PM
I want a motion control for my Dreamcast!!!! No fair!

Kylie
May 27, 2008, 12:07 PM
I'd choose a DC over a Wii - 100% -, but that hardly has anything to do with their audio players. It might have been cool back in the DC days, but it doesn't mean much in the age of MP3 player and the like.

amtalx
May 27, 2008, 12:40 PM
lol that was really fun back in the day.

O_o

I didn't know that. I have to try this when I get home, haha.

ljkkjlcm9
May 27, 2008, 01:14 PM
what's a CD?

I just have MP3's on my laptop, or in my car. I don't buy CD's or really own any at this point

THE JACKEL

EJ
May 29, 2008, 02:07 AM
o;

I must be the few that plays my wii all the time then since my 360 hasn't been touch for awhile.

;3

Yusaku_Kudou
May 29, 2008, 02:51 AM
OWNED. lol

Dreamcast > All

Jainsea
May 29, 2008, 04:28 AM
omg :D I <3 Shenmue, but cried because I never got to play part 2 T_T
I still play my DC sometimes^^ <dusts off IllBleed>

Kent
May 29, 2008, 06:33 AM
Eh... As far as watching movies, I use my 360.

...Actually, I just stream my music collection from my PC over the network to my 360, and have it play over the surround sound. The 360 does have a better audio processor than my laptop does, anyway.

By the way, the voice of the Dreamcast was great, but the voice of the Wii almost made me stop watching, because of how obnoxious and annoying they unjustly made it sound. :/ I mainly watched because of all the great Dreamcast games they showed...

And yes, more then just the CD player of the Saturn is awesome - I still play mine regularly.

...Because it's awesome.

ngagerebel
May 29, 2008, 08:50 PM
uhhhh... that was realy stupid...

Jife_Jifremok
May 29, 2008, 10:47 PM
What a fanboyish video, though it DOES have some good points...maybe. Basically, the Dreamcast brags about Shenmue, some racing game, and features that I've never even SEEN on a Dreamcast. I am *REALLY* glad I only paid fifty dollars for it. I wonder why it refuses to run Bangai-O now though...

If my Dreamcast could run emulators and every game on the emulated systems like was advertised in that video (AND RUN THEM PROPERLY, something I haven't quite seen on N64 or TG16 emulators yet), then my Dreamcast would probably get more play time than my Wii. As it stands now though, my Dreamcast's been collecting dust since I last played ShenmueSpace Harrier over six months ago while my Wii remains my most active system since last december when Super Mario galaxy was released and I got Umbrella Chronicles.