PDA

View Full Version : Storm Line or Shinowa Line?

stukasa
May 26, 2008, 02:13 PM
Okay, I have a few Storm Line and Shinowa Line boards waiting to be synthed during the MAG synth bonus in a month but I don't have enough Nanopolymers to go around. I don't think I'll be able to get enough to synth everything in time, so I have to choose. They're for my Fortegunner/Guntecher, by the way.

Shinowa Line:
- No body slot = no resist units
- +3 STA
- Needs 30 Nanopolymers per board

Storm Line:
- Has all 4 slots
- No stamina bonus
- Needs 20 Nanopolymers per board

Which is the better armor for a fG/GT? Is 22-23 STA enough to cancel out any status effects besides level 1 incapacitate?

fG = 15 STA + 5 from Paradi Cataract + 3 from Shinowa Line = 23 STA
GT = 14 STA + 5 from Paradi + 3 from Shinowa = 22 STA

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated! ^^

Sekani
May 26, 2008, 02:27 PM
Resist units are far more reliable than stamina for resisting certain SEs. Even with over 30 STA I was still getting slept and stunned on occasion.

beatrixkiddo
May 26, 2008, 02:28 PM
As a type who can take advantage of Storm Line, I would go with that and be happy.

Shinowa Line is for CAST FF/PTs who haven't found any Serafi-senbas yet. No resist slot = :disapprove:

Gen2000
May 26, 2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah if you're able to Stormline is the better choice. Shinowa Line is just a last resort armor for Cast FF/PTs (PTs not being able to use Stormline is dumb) who don't have Serafi-senbas. The body slot for resist units on Stormline makes it superior.

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 04:37 PM
Castest Line.

If not, go with Storm Line.

Golto
May 26, 2008, 05:20 PM
I was still dying from deljaban's baby megids while having 23 sta, albeit very rarely. But I would stick with stormlines because of resist units. One day we will finally be able to hunt Vijeri / Resist to make yourself megid immune but you need body slot.

stukasa
May 26, 2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like Storm Line is the unanimous choice. That's good, I was leaning towards Storm Line anyway. :D Now comes the impossible task of getting 79 more Nanopolymers before the MAG synth bonus kicks in. :disapprove:

DoubleJG
May 26, 2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like Storm Line is the unanimous choice. That's good, I was leaning towards Storm Line anyway. :D Now comes the impossible task of getting 79 more Nanopolymers before the MAG synth bonus kicks in. :disapprove:

Good luck! That's going to be a whoooole lot of Egg runs :P

I've been trying do that mission as much as possible since MAG ended for a few polymers myself (or a Solid/Knight).

stukasa
May 26, 2008, 06:56 PM
Good luck! That's going to be a whoooole lot of Egg runs :P

I've been trying do that mission as much as possible since MAG ended for a few polymers myself (or a Solid/Knight).
Thanks. xD With any luck I'll be able to trade some for my extra Catiliums and Morbinias. *crosses fingers*

panzer_unit
May 27, 2008, 01:13 PM
I hope the price on Shinowas comes down as people try unloading crappy ones.

Meanwhile I'm in the same boat for farming Egg Thieves... it's not too bad though, a good run can come up with 2-3 nanopolymers per person.

amtalx
May 27, 2008, 01:15 PM
When we get the synth boost circa 3017, prices should go down. Synth item prices will probably go through the roof though. Stock up now unless you want to trade that 10/10 Love Inferno for a Relic Edge.

beatrixkiddo
May 27, 2008, 01:16 PM
"If" is a better word choice

panzer_unit
May 27, 2008, 01:21 PM
When we get the synth boost circa 3017, prices should go down. Synth item prices will probably go through the roof though. Stock up now unless you want to trade that 10/10 Love Inferno for a Relic Edge.

Through the roof compared to what? Nanopolymer's already 600k :\
I only paid 6mil for the light Shinowa I've been wearing since MAG started.

I'd stock up on materials if:
1) I wasn't saving money for deflated made-item prices
2) Any of the speculation I've ever done had worked out positively

amtalx
May 27, 2008, 01:44 PM
Through the roof compared to what? Nanopolymer's already 600k :
I only paid 6mil for the light Shinowa I've been wearing since MAG started.

I'd stock up on materials if:
1) I wasn't saving money for deflated made-item prices
2) Any of the speculation I've ever done had worked out positively

Nanopolymers are about 300-330k over here on xbox. I can see them going higher. Goldania was going for 400k last night. I can't imagine the prices going down so you shouldn't loose any money. If it doesn't work out, just sell it for what you bought it for.