PDA

View Full Version : anyone wonder.....

Sano
Jan 23, 2003, 05:31 PM
Hey, anyone wonder why some ppl dupe/ i think it's because they don't have any skills at all or they are just pussies( excuse the language ).Also, many ppl i know who go online, are braggers! Let's say i just beat the quest Soul of a BlackSmith on Ultimate (i just did!!) and i get the GodHand(that's what i picked!) and they act as if the weapons i find are crappy!Well i just wanted to make a big deal out of my first post. Hope all of ya'll answer respectively.
Also on a personal note---me and my fellow puerto ricans rock in PSO----was lvl 62 when i first entered ultimate mode!!My character stats are listed on my profile, so check if ya want.Peace!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaguar on 2003-01-23 14:34 ]</font>

Sedyne
Jan 23, 2003, 06:03 PM
Wow never once have I seen such a stupid analytical view on the matter.

Most people dupe because they want the rares too play with because you do feel it's more fun when you have it, or because it gives you visual enhancemnents adn you are too bored of older weapons. Or because you don't feel like working as hard to level up so you get all the super rare stuff to create less work. It's not different than being an American, we have a habbit of trying to do stuff to make it easier by any means possible. Duper doesn't mean your a pussy or because you have no skill. People who brag about their duped rares only gyp themselves.

And as for you and your friends, I gaurentee you there are other people who can go through this game more skillfully than you just by judging from how long a few people I know have been playing this game and a few of the posters from this bored. Speaking of which, yeah my FO was leve44 when he reached ultimate. It doesn't mean I'm good, because it's not that hard to reach this at all, even with standard commonly found legit units. I just use a Dex mag to equip a red handgun and own everything all the way through. Yeah I'm cheap.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 23, 2003, 08:05 PM
It's come down to simple greed and ignorance. The greed to accumulate items and the ignorance to overlook the consequences.

Most cheater have no clue about the efficiency of weapons.

Sedyne
Jan 23, 2003, 08:35 PM
On 2003-01-23 17:05, TeamPhalanx wrote:
It's come down to simple greed and ignorance. The greed to accumulate items and the ignorance to overlook the consequences.

Most cheater have no clue about the efficiency of weapons.

This is so true. Phalanx couldn't be more right.
Example: My 60% Hit Mechs with 35% Dark are 10x more useful than a stinkin LavisBlade or Cannon. I find most. also i remember in v2 when i found a ChargeSaber is was psyched because it steals HP and does for a higher hit than the crappy duped lavis blades. I remmeber at around lv 180 i started diong about 1080 with a good hit from it's special. If only I could find another...

MaJin
Jan 23, 2003, 08:44 PM
On 2003-01-23 14:31, Jaguar wrote:
Hey, anyone wonder why some ppl dupe/ i think it's because they don't have any skills at all or they are just pussies

First of all dupers arent "Pussies" they are just ppl who like to enjoy the game from a different angle.

Secondly i have seen dupers that actually help the teams out (S/D J/Z etc) then most legits, so not all legits have skillz.

I aint saying legits ppl sux or anything, but i think u shouldn't call dupers pussies just becuz they like the game they way...

If u dont like em, make password games, play with ur legits friends, its not hard to do those shit.

Manny
Jan 23, 2003, 09:22 PM
95% of the people with dupes that I have seen have been selfish morons who still end up grabbing everything on the floor.
Using dupes isn't another angle of gameplay. It's cheating and it ruins the game for people who are legit.

Sedyne
Jan 23, 2003, 10:17 PM
It only ruins your game if you realy care about it that much.

Hunter4life
Jan 23, 2003, 10:19 PM
[quote]Using dupes isn't another angle of gameplay. It's cheating and it ruins the game for people who are legit.

Amen to that Manny.

ShieldDragon
Jan 23, 2003, 10:33 PM
ST should ban people who have dupes. I just think it's that simple.

MaJin
Jan 23, 2003, 11:24 PM
On 2003-01-23 19:33, ShieldDragon wrote:
ST should ban people who have dupes. I just think it's that simple.

Hahhahahaha funniest shit i heard all day..

ShieldDragon
Jan 23, 2003, 11:43 PM
Seriously, Majin? What I said is the funniest thing you heard all day? That's odd...

Well, if Sonic Team could find and get rid of all the dupers, then why shouldnt they? Cheating was one of the reasons that ST didn't want GCN PSO users to play with the DC PSO users. So much cheating going on in ver. 1 and 2, why corrupt the GCN version? It happened anyway, though.

Anyhoo, whatever. Cheaters will cheat. Legits will be legits.

MaJin
Jan 23, 2003, 11:48 PM
I think its funny cuz i havent see any game that ban ppl for cheating/hacking not any that i know of...

No worries now, cuz today's maintain was to fix the duping glitch/bugs and it worked so we can relax for awhile or maybe 4ever wich is good.

LollipopLolita
Jan 23, 2003, 11:52 PM
On 2003-01-23 20:48, MaJin wrote:
I think its funny cuz i havent see any game that ban ppl for cheating/hacking not any that i know of...

plenty of games do. even pso.

people dupe because they're greedy, it's easy and there are no consequences.

ShieldDragon
Jan 23, 2003, 11:54 PM
I used to play Aseron's Call, a decent sized MMORPG, and I know people got banned there every once in a while. Characters were saved on the game servers anyway, so it wasn't that easy to cheat. But there was an update to fix the duping bugs? Maybe I'll go buy an adapter for my gamecube now..

MaJin
Jan 23, 2003, 11:57 PM
Yea its confirmed that duping is not possible anymore, unless i miss out something heh.