PDA

View Full Version : wtf is legit

Blenjar
Jan 23, 2003, 06:14 PM
I'm not a noob. I'm just asking because All I see now is people saying "i'm legit" "legit fever" "legit 4ever"

Sedyne
Jan 23, 2003, 06:22 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Too bad about 50% of people that say that are fibbers. You should go to vega and see how many people say that lmao. And then they pull out a BKB.

but LEGIT by defintion is: honest and truthful: telling the truth and not trying to deceive
Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

^ see the MS Definiton http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Now technically speaking If I were to pull out a BKB and say it's duped, well then I'd be legit. =) However defintions can be slightly altered given the situation, by pso standards, "legit" means you don't cheat.

Blenjar
Jan 23, 2003, 06:40 PM
That just dumb I'm telling you.

Kent
Jan 23, 2003, 06:56 PM
What's dumb? People that like playing the game without cheats or exploits?

thewiredknight
Jan 23, 2003, 07:11 PM
Well I'm legit, I think the fact that my best sword for a long time has been Musashi and my best gun is a Varista should prove that -_- that and I wear no rare armor. Hell, my mag is only level 82 and I've had this game for months.

AssyrianKing
Jan 23, 2003, 07:30 PM
just cause youre legit doesnt mean u have to have crap weapons

i have god arm, god hp, god battle, electro frame, stand still shield, metoer cudgel, asuka, saturn mag, berdysh, and some other stuff and im still legit

u just have to play smart http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Starseed
Jan 23, 2003, 08:57 PM
I agree, I have some great weapons and rare armor and units... still "legit"!

Brundidge
Jan 23, 2003, 09:01 PM
Legit to me is playing with equipment you've found yourself or traded with other players who are also "legit" (or so they say... kinda hard accusation to make). I consider myself legit. I have no way to get online to trade for stuff which I'm really sadden about but I've been playing with the very 2 characters I started with since I bought the game on the first day (HUcaseal lvl120 and RAmarl lvl105).

thewiredknight
Jan 23, 2003, 09:02 PM
I know that much. I really wish I did have some better weapons but it seems everything I pick up are the crappier rares. I'm just saying that no duper would be running around with common armor and Musashi as his primary weapon.

Elixer
Jan 23, 2003, 09:35 PM
legit is when you dont cheat or anything used duped weapons and stuff only use basically what you find. many people say they are legit but they most likely are not.

RuiN
Jan 23, 2003, 10:39 PM
Best way to be and stay legit these days, sadly, is don't trade or accept items; especially rediculously rare items from people you can't trust.
I myself have two friends I play with that I hang out with in real life. With each of us playing atleast two characters a person, and using 6 differnt section IDs, we are able to find alot of good stuff and give each other the things we need.

So far as a SKYLY I've been able to find some pretty good stuff (Cudgel, Chainsawd, Flowen's Sheild, Red Saber, etc) and with the help of my friends I've been able to get a God/Battle, GuardWave, God/Arm.. you know, non-SKYLY things. The best feeling in the game is finding your own weopons and hanging out with your friends hunting and having a good time.

Blenjar
Jan 24, 2003, 03:18 PM
This is wack....na mean... it like.
-Hey I got a Ho's, I got heavy back up, I got $$$ and cars...I'm gangsta...heh.

-Legit...I got mad weapons....I got...I got...I'm good...I don't dump....I got...

-My resume about Legit-
I don't care about your weapons, I don't care if your good, I don't care if your trustful person. I don't care about you online. Wanna play pso, come in, we kill monsters and say good bye after boss taste his own blood.

Ian D
Jan 24, 2003, 03:52 PM
You just say that because you accept dupes... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Goza
Jan 24, 2003, 04:17 PM
On 2003-01-24 12:18, Blenjar wrote:

-Legit...I got mad weapons....I got...I got...I'm good...I don't dump....I got...

-My resume about Legit-
I don't care about your weapons, I don't care if your good, I don't care if your trustful person. I don't care about you online. Wanna play pso, come in, we kill monsters and say good bye after boss taste his own blood.

You apparently the gangsta of rhetoric.

CorneliusPower
Jan 24, 2003, 04:27 PM
Legit are people who use and have found weapons that are NOT duped, you guys are reffering to that as legit right? Well I myself consider myself legit, I have questioned many of the stuff i have aquired through trade but am a proud owner of a legit Chain Sawd, Red Sword, Attribute Plate, God Arm, God Battle, and yes I found my own Demo Comet and Spread Needle. I have put many of hundreds of hours into this game, by all means though, being legit absolutely does not mean you have crappy stuff, I found a Yamato the second day i played the game and also a Secret Gear.

dj_dan
Jan 24, 2003, 05:04 PM
Sadly, some people take this game too seriously, at times I catch myself being a jerk about this topic as well.

It goes like this; I don't like playing with people who use dupes, so I play exclusively with people who are legit (can't be 100% sure, but then again, I really don't care that much).

The more I play with these people, the more I see that each has his/her own view on what legit is.

Some get all offended if they even "think" you traded for anything, "all trades are dupes, blah blah blah, no one trade a good rare if they found it! blah blah blah".
Others, like myself, give people the benefit of the doubt. Come on, it is after all, just a game.. have fun will ya!

Anyways it just boils down to this, play with whom you have fun, and trust.

Also, being legit definitely does not mean that you have crappy weapons, here is what I have found so far (I don't trade by the way):

god/battle
god/power
Asuka
Yamato
Standstill Shield
Just found Red Slicer 10 minutes ago
Meteor Cudgel
Twin Brand x2
Stag, Double Saber
Cure - Confusion/Paralysis/Poison/Shock
Frozen Shooter
Guilty Light
Photon Launcher
Morning Glory
1983 Agito
Flowen's Sword 3060/3062
Magic Rock "Moola" x11
Delsaber Arm Right/Left
Booma/Gobooma arm
Rappy Wing
D Parts ver1.01
Guard Wave
Belra's right arm (last night)
**EDIT**
I just found a Bringer's arm last night at 4 am!
I don't know what's up... I've found all my best rares from 3:45-4:30am pst....
Oh well, sweet find!
***End Edit***

this is just off the top of my head, but as you can see, being legit can yield good finds as well... and it makes it all the more sweeter...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-01-25 15:01 ]</font>

Blenjar
Jan 24, 2003, 06:32 PM
On 2003-01-24 13:17, Goza wrote:

-My resume about Legit-

No I'm not.

-And second I do not trade either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-01-24 15:35 ]</font>

mystic_knight
Jan 24, 2003, 07:46 PM
On 2003-01-23 19:39, RuiN wrote:
So far as a SKYLY I've been able to find some pretty good stuff (Cudgel, Chainsawd, Flowen's Sheild, Red Saber, etc) and with the help of my friends I've been able to get a God/Battle, GuardWave, God/Arm.. you know, non-SKYLY things. The best feeling in the game is finding your own weopons and hanging out with your friends hunting and having a good time.

Skyly can get God/Arm in VH Mines (where I got mine) and VH Hildeblues.

Nawms
Jan 24, 2003, 10:31 PM
Ill be honest. I wasnt always legit. (lets just put that behind us hehe) but I am now.

DJ_Monkey
Jan 25, 2003, 05:12 PM
I am legit now, but I haven't always been. In the DC days, I too fell for the duping and hacking craze. I am here to say that those days are over, and that I will never resort to those things again.

I am legit, even though I have nothing better than an Asuka+10. I don't trade(seeing as how no one would want my stuff), but a good friend gave me an Asuka after I got an FSOD(I know they don't dupe, and I trust them). I have resisted cheating because I know that it's not the rares that matter; but the percents. If you find a weapon with over 70% of any percent, then that is rarer than any Double Cannon or BKB.

In summary; cheaters don't have fun for a while, dupers suck, and I will stay legit for as long as I live.

Peace out.

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Jan 25, 2003, 05:14 PM
Team Phalanx is the only true legit I've seen.

Blenjar
Jan 25, 2003, 05:30 PM
There's no true, there's no right or wrong, people want to be the best in. Been a legit is hard for some of us.

Once a legit falls in a hole [ start duping ] he got a choose, go back up or keep digging down.
Well some like to dig cuz it easy and don't care about what people think, careless to other gamers which is right but aint right to make destroy peoples fun[ as in digging'll damage the ground. ] lol.
Its like getting addicted to duping if you know what I mean. I don't dump tho, I use to have dump stuff in ver.1 but stopped.

RuiN
Jan 25, 2003, 05:56 PM
On 2003-01-25 14:14, ChronoTrigga wrote:

Yeah Phalanx is clean, but if he's the only legit player you've met so far, then you need to play with more people. I think theres more legit players these days (especially from PSOW) then ever.

Oh and Blenjar.. being the best dosen't mean you should use duped items. Actually, the other legit players I know look at dupe users as scum and aren't treated very friendly in our games. Actually sometimes I feel bad for a dupe user after he whips out the J-Sword or BKB; they get little to know support from FOs and people are reluctant to revive them when they fall. Its said that if you accept dupes then you should be able to handle and sopport yourself alone.

But really, I could really care less what you use; just don't spoil my game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuiN on 2003-01-25 15:02 ]</font>

Eden
Jan 25, 2003, 06:15 PM
On 2003-01-25 14:14, ChronoTrigga wrote:

Ok...I don't have any dupes, I don't trade, I don't accept items from people. Am I still not "True" legit? Define "True legit"

GandorDurin
Jan 25, 2003, 06:38 PM
It's pretty easy to call yourself "legit" and even make it believable.

But why do some people feel that they need to be called legit, and if anyone thinks otherwise then they must defend their honor? I know a lot of people take games seriously, especially online ones where you're able to speak with other people, but...Being "legit" doesn't mean anything at all. In fact, all it's saying is that you have enough free time available to spend hours and hours fighting the same monsters over and over in order to get items that allow you to kill the same exact monsters, only faster. I'm not saying that people who claim to be "legit" are wasting their time, heck I do those same things! But I don't want to be called "legit" just because I don't cheat.

To be honest, I think both groups are full of themselves. I don't dislike anyone for putting themselves in either category, but it definately makes me feel a little bit less of them.

Well, that sorta turned into a rant-like post.

Whoops!

Anyway just to summarize: I don't play with "legits" or "dupers", I play with people.

RuiN
Jan 25, 2003, 06:53 PM
GandorDurin: I know what you mean but I think what it really boils down to is ethics and what kind of people we all want to play with. Some of us prefer playing with people that have more incommon with each other. If a person likes playing the game the way its ment to be played, he or she would likely like to play with others that share the same sense. Players who dupe and use dupes usually care very little for the other players of the game and are just looking to get what they want. Therefor they make poor team players in a game that calls out for cooperation.
Sure, we're all people...but thats not saying much.
The fact is, very little people would want to waste their precious time on a game where dupers/users run around flaunting redicoulsy(sp?) rare items which they used very little effort to get, while we on the other hand strive hard to find items we can carry around and feel proud of.
Oh and also, if it weren't for dupes then the titles "legit" and "duper/user" wouln't exist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuiN on 2003-01-25 15:56 ]</font>

dj_dan
Jan 25, 2003, 06:54 PM
Gandor, good point, but here's my view.

I almost always play with a small circle of friends that I've made online.
They all claim to be *legit* as do I.
It's not the legit/dupe label that bothers me so much, it's the style of play.
The people I play with, have a similar play style to mine, and I appreciate that.

When ever I make open games (usually named "legitimate" etc..), one or two people will join with T-J swords and the likes. I won't be a jerk, but I politely tell them that I would appreciate it if they don't use dupes... so they sometimes go and just grab another one...

Ok, fine.
But here is my problem... with all *my* past experience of playing with people online, dupers just don't know how to play, according to my style.
If I'm in ruins.. they will die in a matter of seconds, everytime, because they are just stupid. They will, in the middle of a battle, open up a telepipe, and go back to town without saying a word, usually fucking up the team's efforts resulting in a player's death.
They will not revive someone unless repeatedly *reminded* that someone is dead right beside them.
They will go off on their own, taking a complete different path than the rest of the team, while it is 100% clear that this is not how the *team* wanted to proceed.
They can't spell correctly, using STFU, NE1, etc...
They are fucking annoying.

All these reasons, and many more, are why I do not play with people who use dupes.
While not *everyone* acts this way, the people that I have played with have conducted themselves in such a manner.

This was not meant as an attack at your post, but reading your post triggered this train of thought.

Just wanted to shed some more light on the various opinions of this topic.

dj_dan
Jan 25, 2003, 06:56 PM
Hey Ruin, you stole my post idea while I was writing mine!

o_Q;;

RuiN
Jan 25, 2003, 06:59 PM
lol, my apoligies dj_dan.

Auracom
Jan 25, 2003, 07:21 PM
I'd rather play this game legit, cheating kinda takes the purpose out of this game. This game is much more rewarding, everytime i see a red box i almost cry... ALMOST! Screw off you damn dupers! And when Pro Action Replay comes out i spit on you! I'll run to EB and spit all over their brand new boxes! Will any of you come visit me when i'm in jail?

GandorDurin
Jan 25, 2003, 07:25 PM
On 2003-01-25 15:54, dj_dan wrote:
Gandor, good point, but here's my view.

<Some good stuff snipped>

This was not meant as an attack at your post, but reading your post triggered this train of thought.

Just wanted to shed some more light on the various opinions of this topic.

I understand completely what you mean. You're right; most "dupers" or people who use dupes play in a totally different way than people who claim to be "legit". It's also great that people with similar play styles can play together fairly easily.

For some reason I just hate those labels. I'm much more prejudice against the words "legit" and "duper" than I am towards the people wearing them as name tags.

But I'm also against being called an American, as well. (Well, that's a little bit more off topic than the rest of this post, so I'll stop myself short.)

Basically I'm tired of all the brand names in the world. I just hope if I ever find a commonly duped item the 'long and tedious' way, people won't stamp my forehead.

I might as well show my true colors, and get some actual opinions about my main character.

Anyone who participates in this mini-poll gets a cookie, but not from me. Ask a friend or loved one for your favorite kind!

Gandor Durin
Level 133 HUmar
Section ID: Whitill
Main weapons:
Chain Sawd +15 25/0/0/0
Chain Sawd +15 0/25/20/30
Red Sword +52 0/0/30/0
Red Handgun +50 0/0/0/0
S-Red Blades +15
Armor: DF Field (4 slots)
Slot items:
God/Arm
God/Arm
God/Battle
Hero/Ability
Shield: Kasami Bracer
Mag: Devil Wings (20/150/30/0)

Okay, just a few responses will be fine.

Question 1:
Is anything this character has duped, in your opinion? (Yes or no only)

Question 2:
Which item(s) is(are) duped, and why do you believe they are?

Question 3:
If you knew before answering question 1 that I had other high level characters with different section IDs that possibly match the items this character has equipped, would your answer be different now? (Yes or no, if no explain why)

Question 4:
If you consider yourself "legit" and only play with others you believe are "legit", would you ask this character to leave a game you were in, or perhaps leave the game yourself? (Yes or no is sufficient)

Final question:
How many times is the word legit in this post?

Hint: The only question that has a right answer is the final question.

Oh yea one more thing. If you want to answer these question but privately, just PM me your answers. It's all opinion except for question five.

If anyone (or a lot of people) feel that this belongs elsewhere, let me know and I'll repost it somewhere else.

If I didn't love typing so much, I'd probably save you all a lot of scrolling time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

dj_dan
Jan 25, 2003, 09:18 PM
Dude, you're missing the point...
I don't even want to go into this...

Blenjar
Jan 25, 2003, 10:48 PM
Why the Hell did you post your items, I just asked what is legit, now that I know that legit is a noob stuff we can discust about it. "TRUE" "LEGIT"...legit mass *$$

RuiN
Jan 25, 2003, 10:55 PM
On 2003-01-25 19:48, Blenjar wrote:
Why the Hell did you post your items, I just asked what is legit, now that I know that legit is a noob stuff we can discust about it. "TRUE" "LEGIT"...legit mass *$$

Umm, no its not a "noob" thing...actually I don't even understand what your saying..??

Goza
Jan 26, 2003, 12:05 AM
On 2003-01-24 15:32, Blenjar wrote:

On 2003-01-24 13:17, Goza wrote:

-My resume about Legit-

No I'm not.

-And second I do not trade either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-01-24 15:35 ]</font>

You proved my point. I hereby grant you the Rap Album Spelling Award for PSO Excellence in Communication.

BeatZero
Jan 26, 2003, 01:07 AM
i try to stay "legit" most of what i use ive found (justice, secret gear, walz, db's saber) but i have a ton of stuff ive traded 4 hoping its legit too like my angel wings (which i gave my god/pow and combats i found for). so im trying my best to keep it real ^_^

Blenjar
Jan 26, 2003, 11:24 AM
I find Legit a n00b thing, why been a legit, makes you feel proud of your self?

Phobos-X
Jan 26, 2003, 11:58 AM

Pfft, how many ppl have you played with?? 3? Im pretty sure Phalanx is a "true legit" but i doubt he is the ONLY true legit. Hell no one really even friggin KNOWS what a legit is. Every one has their own lil requirements of a legit so a legit in one persons mind, may not be a legit in someone elses.

Jiggga
Jan 26, 2003, 01:00 PM
i feel bad for the guy with the legit bkb, im sure he doesnt feel very special.

Mute
Jan 26, 2003, 01:18 PM
Anyone else go through this and think-
"Why did I even read through this topic?" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Well I suppose there was a bit of entertainment value. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Phobos-X
Jan 26, 2003, 01:22 PM
i feel bad for the guy with the legit bkb, im sure he doesnt feel very special

what the hell is a "bkb"? i havent played PSO since Dec weapon lingo is a bit rusty

Eden
Jan 26, 2003, 01:31 PM
On 2003-01-26 08:24, Blenjar wrote:
I find Legit a n00b thing, why been a legit, makes you feel proud of your self?

Ok, why is it a n00b thing? I think a n00b thing is having people hand you over all the best shit so you can kill everything in one hit and bullshit your way through the game.

Adduk
Jan 26, 2003, 01:49 PM
bkb is a black king bar, and all you people out there that care about being "legit" or not here is my view,
I don't care if ppl dupe or not, i just want to play and have a good time, if ppl want to dupe then dupe, i just don't want my game being ruined by dupers being jerks, i admit to accepting dupes in the past but that was back in DC version 1, i am just a "person" trying to play the game properly and have a good time.

Johan
Jan 26, 2003, 02:11 PM
On 2003-01-25 16:25, GandorDurin wrote:
<snip>
Question 1:
Is anything this character has duped, in your opinion? (Yes or no only)

No.

Question 2:
Which item(s) is(are) duped, and why do you believe they are?

None; see above.

Question 3:
If you knew before answering question 1 that I had other high level characters with different section IDs that possibly match the items this character has equipped, would your answer be different now? (Yes or no, if no explain why)

No, because I didn't think any of it was duped in the first place. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Question 4:
If you consider yourself "legit" and only play with others you believe are "legit", would you ask this character to leave a game you were in, or perhaps leave the game yourself? (Yes or no is sufficient)

Of course not. I wouldn't ask them to leave even if they had obvious dupes; I've gone far beyond the point of caring by now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If I think someone is nice, I'll play in a team with them regardless of what they're using; I had just as much fun doing the Famitsu Cup quest with a pair of BKB-using Hunters as I did with a legit friend of mine.
(For the record, the majority of my stuff I found myself, and if I happened to have any dupes, I'm not sure I'd care too much.)

Final question:
How many times is the word legit in this post?

I count 5.

Phobos-X
Jan 26, 2003, 04:06 PM
bkb is a black king bar

thanks for clearing that up, Adduk. Honestly, this whole "duping" sh*t is getting blown out of f*ukin proportion. if you see someone who is a known duper, or someone you suspect of being a duper...DONT PLAY WITH THE BASTARD!!! It really gets irritating to read posts with someone saying "im legit cuz i dont use dupes" or "im legit cuz i only use what i find" or "im legit becuz i dont trade or accept items" do you know how childish that sounds?? People it is a GAME, a frickin VIDEO GAME! If some clown wants to get his jollies of my dupin an item and givin it to a friend, thats his business. If were lucky when he goes to dupe, his file will get corrupted and we'll never see him/her again. Sheesh, play the game and stop whinin/worryin about who is legit and who uses dupes

Blenjar
Jan 26, 2003, 04:16 PM
Legit is just stupid/

Eden
Jan 26, 2003, 04:18 PM
On 2003-01-26 13:16, Blenjar wrote:
Legit is just stupid/

Duping is just stupid/

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 09:40 AM
On 2003-01-26 13:16, Blenjar wrote:
Legit is just stupid/

Baiting is just stupid/

...oh wait... oops I bit didn't I... >_<

LollipopLolita
Jan 27, 2003, 09:43 AM
you kids cut it out before i sprinkle warnings all over

SaitoH
Jan 27, 2003, 10:29 AM
Dupers, hackers and legit people, suck.

I just play PSO.

^w^/

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 10:31 AM
Can I get an AMEN!
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/panda.gif

Raist
Jan 27, 2003, 11:22 AM
On 2003-01-27 07:31, Mute wrote:
Can I get an AMEN!
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/panda.gif

no...no you can not.

_cAbLe_
Jan 27, 2003, 11:26 AM
I've never heard so much whining in my entire life. Play the game. Who cares if you're "legit" or a "duper". Enjoy the game for what you make it.

Blenjar
Jan 27, 2003, 12:56 PM
On 2003-01-27 07:29, SaitoH wrote:
Dupers, hackers and legit people, suck.

I just play PSO.

^w^/

That's the type of answer I've been waiting for years.

Legit is pointless.

On 2003-01-27 08:26, _cAbLe_ wrote:
I've never heard so much whining in my entire life. Play the game. Who cares if you're "legit" or a "duper". Enjoy the game for what you make it.

YES!~
Few n00b are taking game 2 serious man.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-01-27 10:18 ]</font>

RuiN
Jan 27, 2003, 01:38 PM
YES!~

Actually most of the people that play "legit" happen to be around since the DC V1 days.

Blenjar
Jan 27, 2003, 02:47 PM
On 2003-01-27 10:38, RuiN wrote:

YES!~

Actually most of the people that play "legit" happen to be around since the DC V1 days.

I have been here around since ver.1 on dc. I don't take the game that serious. PSO isn't the only virtual world I play [ actually its the only one for now ]. Why take the game serious.
Legit is the most dumb thing I had ever heard from a ver.1 player to now.
Once again, I don't care about you, lets just have fun in the game.