PDA

View Full Version : GC: to buy or no to buy

Greg_the_I-Ninja
Jan 23, 2003, 06:49 PM
should i buy the Game cube version of PSO?
i think all like this game but thats not what its about
the 75,000 question is: is it worth the $$$?
please tell me if you thought it was worth it.

thanks in advance.

ps: i'm new here so hi to you all.

Chronos
Jan 23, 2003, 07:13 PM
it fun u buy

Toyzferall
Jan 23, 2003, 07:32 PM
Hiya! Welcome to the boards! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Anyways... If you like action/RPGs, and ESPECIALLY if this is yer first PSO... Thne I think so. I mean, heck, the game is still REALLY fun even in offline single-player! And there's also offline multiplayer, and those don't cost anything but the original game! Online play is hella fun, but it'd be a LOT more fun if you could get a KB... *Shrugs* Up to you, but I say YES.

Sedyne
Jan 23, 2003, 07:45 PM
If you can spare the cash, and think you can spare the time and addiction and not let it interfere with your socal life then yes. I find myself ditching my freinds to play PSO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif pipipi im naughty.

Freak74
Jan 23, 2003, 07:58 PM
Here's a thought! The ONLY reason I bought the GC is because of this "relationship breaking" game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Greg_the_I-Ninja
Jan 23, 2003, 08:00 PM
Toyzferall:how much is the KB?
and yes this is my first PSO.

SeanX930:hmm.., i think can spare the cash and,
the time, sooooo maybe i will. -[thinks]-

thanks for the replys all

TeamPhalanx
Jan 23, 2003, 08:02 PM
Yes, if you know you can go online; no, if otherwise.

Greg_the_I-Ninja
Jan 23, 2003, 08:08 PM
i have BB if thats what you mean.

hucasts_rock
Jan 23, 2003, 08:18 PM
if u can go online with your GC, DEFINATELY buy the game...took me 6 months offline on DC to get to lvl 99...took me 3 months to get to lvl 117 AND a lvl 75 char...it's super fun if u avoid dupers....NEVER accept a free rare if u ever go online...EARN your rares and be proud http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Toyzferall
Jan 23, 2003, 08:21 PM
KBs aren't out in the US yet. That's what I was talking about. You'd have to import one. And importing a KB can be up to over $100! So far, there's no plans to release a GC KB in the US. A lot of us are still holding out, though. I myself am importing. The game can still be plenty fun without one! Check out some of the screenshots on this site. That'll get ya hooked. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Greg_the_I-Ninja
Jan 23, 2003, 08:42 PM
how do you chat with out a KB?

hooray4punkmusic
Jan 23, 2003, 08:47 PM
You plug it in and type... o_0

hucasts_rock
Jan 23, 2003, 08:53 PM
On 2003-01-23 17:42, Greg_the_I-Ninja wrote:
how do you chat with out a KB?

there's a useless on-screen "keyboard"...it takes an extremely long time to chat....

Greg_the_I-Ninja
Jan 23, 2003, 09:18 PM
thats to bad, so i have to get the KB if i want to have a good time in PSO?

TeamPhalanx
Jan 23, 2003, 09:32 PM
Consider this:

The majority of the people do not have a keyboard.

That fact makes owning a keyboard somewhat moot.

As long as you're aware of the (repetitive) play of the game and won't have problems obtaining a HL, give it a shot.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 23, 2003, 09:35 PM
I've enjoyed the game for hundreds of hours, so I find it worth my money.
But, I don't cheat, so I'm a bit biased.

Greg_the_I-Ninja
Jan 23, 2003, 09:39 PM
TeamPhalanx: moot? and how repetitive?
SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko: do you have a KB?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 23, 2003, 09:44 PM
(10 minutes later)
No KB so solly.

hooray4punkmusic
Jan 23, 2003, 09:54 PM
On 2003-01-23 18:39, Greg_the_I-Ninja wrote:
TeamPhalanx: moot? and how repetitive?

Think of final fantasy, you battle monsters get to a boss kill it move on ect. But there's a lot more to do like quests, feeding your mag, making chat icons, editing your character and you can play soccer in the online lobbys! Don't forget about challenge mode and battle mode. You can reach level 200. Or just wonder around. But there is alot to do in it. As for "moot" i dunno what that is.

damn typo...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hooray4punkmusic on 2003-01-23 18:55 ]</font>

Greg_the_I-Ninja
Jan 23, 2003, 10:17 PM
i do't think that ff is repetitive so that sounds good. do you have a KB? if you do then do think that you could play & enjoy it with out it?
if you don't have it then do you think that you would have more fun if you had it?

hooray4punkmusic
Jan 23, 2003, 10:36 PM
On 2003-01-23 19:17, Greg_the_I-Ninja wrote:
i do't think that ff is repetitive so that sounds good. do you have a KB? if you do then do think that you could play & enjoy it with out it?
if you don't have it then do you think that you would have more fun if you had it?

While i can't get online... But do you like to talk a lot in games. And there's a whole list of already made words and sentences. Or you could use symbol chat. But if you get used to the chat thing in the game you can type pretty fast! And you can use the c-stick to type, so you can run with the left stick and type with the right stick.