PDA

View Full Version : Section IDs

ShadowCaster
Jan 23, 2003, 07:19 PM
After a little research I have decided what Ids are good for each class. There not seperated into each of the 12 classes because one HU*** wants the same kind of wep another HU*** Wants, well most the time. Anyways these are ranked from best to worst. If their not on the list for a particular class, the ID is just not well suited for it. If you disagree just reply and mention it don't go billistic. Thank You here you guys are

Hunters:
1.) Oran, it is the best because of the variety of swords and daggers you find
2.) Yellowboze, Spread Needle, Gae Bolg, Agito (1975), Cross Scar, and Red Saber. What more can I say??
3.) Skyly, third best because you find plenty of swords and other Hunter weapons, awesome, but not as good as 1 & 2
4.) Whitill & Redria, I can't decide between the two, they are similair, but are different in their own way. Nothing really jumps out and make the other better then the other

Rangers:
1.) Purplenum, wide variety of rare guns. Red Handgun, L&K, and Lavis Cannon make this one of the best IDs
2.) Greenill, Spread Needle, Red Scorpio, Inferno Bazooka, Pure power weps, and their all guns too, a rangers true dream wep
3.) Yellowboze, Plenty of parts and strong guns, Spread Needle and L & K also make an appearance here
4.) Whitill, Even though this is a one of the Hunter's choice IDs they still come up with plenty of nice guns too
5.) Viridia, Good guns, good armor, great stuff, just not as good as the others

Forces:
1.) Pinkal, Lots of rare wands, canes and uniques, perfect for any Force
2.) Purplenum, another great Force ID, some people may say otherwise, but it offers plenty or rare force items, as well as some rare sabers and such equipable by higher level Forces with good ATP
3.) Bluefull, not too great for Forces, but it still offers a nice set of Force weps, also great weps to trade for Dark Bridge, and cards. You may not get Dark Bridge though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well there is the list I hope it helps a lot of you. You don't agree? Sorry, post a reply and say why not, maybe we can get enough to get eRupt, or LolliPopLollita or one of the other moderators to suggest a start of a section on PSOW. K Later

VulpesMundi
Jan 23, 2003, 08:02 PM
First thing to note is that the Spread Needle is now ranger-only. To be more specific, I believe it's RAmar and RAmarl only. Also, the Lavis Cannon is hunter-only.

It's really difficult to suggest IDs because different people will likely be looking for different items. And in E1&2 the items are spread all over each ID, making every ID useful for every class in some way or another. For example: I'd suggest Purplenum as a hunter ID because of its primary find being mechgun-class weapons and secondary find being dagger-class weapons. It also can find Red Handguns with relative ease, making it useful for any class. And it's probably the best ID to hunt a Psycho Wand with, making it quite a useful force ID. In the end it's better for everyone to just look over the item finding charts available to decide what will give the most desirable items.

eXo
Jan 24, 2003, 06:19 AM
Hmm trust me VulpesMundi is right,I learned the hard way but you only listed spread needle for greenil,lets not forget that purplenum also has 3 reported findings http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif*WoW* who would have ever figure that spread needle was not a shot poor viridia http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif .

Goza
Jan 24, 2003, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't suggest Greennill for a Hunter. They do have some good drops, but spending most of the game finding rare weapons you can't use as a specialty is not my idea of fun. My HUmar is a Greennill, and other than guard wave, I'd have been better off with another ID.

Yurika
Jan 24, 2003, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I second not having greenil as a Hunter ID. >___< I've had to trade off tons of Ra- stuff to survive. The only reason I snagged a Greenil was because I was lazy and added a space to my name so I could get out of whitill. I've got a whitill on a nyko card that I'll never bring online, and it's gotton me a lot of nice weapons, but it's a pain to deal with slicers every five seconds. The same thing plagues the Greenil only worse, since hunters can't use the scads and scads of visks/wals/justys that are everywhere. I think it'll be worth a lot of headache for the guard wave though. Maybe. >_<

Goza
Jan 24, 2003, 12:32 PM
Guard Wave is lovely. I got one on my 4th Pal, and then another one on the 5th when I wasn't looking. The first one is up to 3 slots, and it's miles beyond my 4 slot Holy Armor. It doesn't make Greennill worth it, but I'd at least grab one or two before making a new char if you've gone that far.

ShadowCaster
Jan 24, 2003, 12:38 PM
I didn't suggest Greenill for a Hunter @_@

And you guys are right I can't suggest it for everyone. These are in my opinion what I would like, maybe someone agrees with me, but just post what you think. No biggie, after all my characters aren't far enough into the game to really see the differences in th IDs, I mean their all great but after several BSODs and just game foul ups, I deleted my old Force and Hunter (modeled after my dc versions of them) I wanted the space and needed different chars and IDs, anyways back to the subject I know that I cannot suggest it for everyone, but I think it is still good to have a good starting point to work off of.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Goza
Jan 24, 2003, 12:58 PM
On 2003-01-24 09:38, ShadowCaster wrote:
I didn't suggest Greenill for a Hunter @_@

I wasn't ragging on you. I was taking to heart your idea about building a guide and suggesting that people avoid the mistake I made http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

For the most part, I think your suggestions are good. It's all personal, but I think Oran's drop list is pretty shallow. I'd suggest Purplenum as a pretty good option for any class, as a default. Everyone loves Mechguns late game, and you really should plan your character for late game.

Xzen
Jan 24, 2003, 02:25 PM
Hey I have Greenil for my Ranger, Pinkal for my Force and Yellowboze for my Hunter.

I hope those are good. Will I see the spread needle on VHard mode?

Cynosure
Jan 24, 2003, 02:45 PM
I didnt even know IDs had anything to do with anything <shrugs>