PDA

View Full Version : Dear my neighbors,

AlexCraig
May 29, 2008, 02:04 PM
I try to get to sleep at night. It is only natural. If you do not, that is fine, I understand. However, it does bother me quite a bit when you slam your doors (both house and car) at 3:00am, when I am trying to catch some Z's. Now, if you have a nighttime occupation, I could understand a simple open and close of the door. But, this is not the case.

You seem to like having parties late. Again, understandable. But when my brother and sister have school tomorrow, we don't need you having a loud fit outside because some guy inside broke your 3" nails. Even moreso when the window in my 10 year old sister's room is open and you are cussing more than an angry sailor. She does not need to hear that kind of talk, leastways at her age. Now, I understand that I could close the window, yes. But when I could hear it in the basement when all my windows are closed, I think you are being a bit too loud. Hell, you even woke up my parents (who happen to be heavy sleepers).

Also, it doesn't help me get to sleep any easier when you storm out in your car, tearing asphault and rubber, toss an empty bottle out your car window, AND pump up your bass to where it begins rattling my windows.

Now, I heard from my brother that your daughter calls us weird because she happens to see me practicing my swordplay in my backyard. To be honest, I don't find that as bad. At least when I do that, I am quiet, in my backyard, and it is daytime. I think you have us beat in the weird (or moreso, annoying) contest.

In conclusion, I would ask that you please save that kind of activity for daytime, or at least consider that you live in a suburban community where most people sleep during the night.

Sincerely, your neighbor,
Alex.

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 02:07 PM
My neighbors at the moment are okay because they're all old, but I lived next to the biggest idiots when I was growing up. They were loud, and nosy, and snobby, and inconsiderate... all of the above.

amtalx
May 29, 2008, 02:10 PM
You should practice your swordplay in their backyard and see how much smack they talk.

AlexCraig
May 29, 2008, 02:12 PM
Hah! Really.
Nah, I'd rather not, though.

Blitzkommando
May 29, 2008, 02:29 PM
We have a regular group of tards that like riding their motorcycles at 120~MPH down the street at 2-3AM. I'm just waiting for the day I hear a loud crash when they finally hit a deer, or miss the deer and hit the tree.

McLaughlin
May 29, 2008, 02:37 PM
I have a knack for dealing with nasty neighbors. You could always call the police out to every party they throw and have it shut down for disturbing the peace.

AlexCraig
May 29, 2008, 02:39 PM
You know, I have been considering that for quite some time now.

Raine_Loire
May 29, 2008, 02:42 PM
omg, it's like you live on the other side of MY neighbors, lol.

SabZero
May 29, 2008, 02:54 PM
Write a log of disturbances for a while, then have a trip to the local police station. They are there to serve you, the citizen :p

AlexCraig
May 29, 2008, 02:57 PM
I suppose. I just hope they are better than the cops my ex-boss called this one time -_-;

Vanzazikon
May 29, 2008, 03:06 PM
God, I hate when neighbors ignore what havoc they cause around their surroundings. When I have a nasty neighbor, I give him a nasty butt-whooping, then they'll listen.

AlexCraig
May 29, 2008, 03:12 PM
Heh, in this town if I were to whoop some guy's ass, he'd call a gang on me.

Zorafim
May 29, 2008, 03:18 PM
I myself would suggest practicing your sword play in their front yard, during these loud fits.

AlexCraig
May 29, 2008, 03:23 PM
These loud fits take place at 3-4:00 AM. I try to sleep then.

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2008, 04:24 PM
Sleep(sword practice?)fight. :wacko:

You should cut their electricity. That would make them freak out and stop partying.

McLaughlin
May 29, 2008, 04:53 PM
I did that once, but I electrocuted myself in the process. The reaction from the people in the house was priceless though.

Turns out they hadn't payed their hydro bill, and I just happen to cut it off around the time the hydro company said they would.

AlexCraig
May 29, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hah! Awesome!
But I don't want to do anything that could possibly include harm to my person. I'll likely call the cops next time.

McLaughlin
May 29, 2008, 05:07 PM
I wasn't watching closely enough, and when I went to grab a tool I brushed up against a wire. >_>

They went without electricity for over a month, because the hydro company wouldn't fix it until they paid their bill.

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
I once had a neighbor that called the police on us constantly, on the 4th of july he got mad about us setting of fire crackers, he was a jerk. :(

SStrikerR
May 29, 2008, 08:21 PM
Lol that's stupid. But yeah on the subject of electrocution, never get out of the shower and then try to fix a light....dry off first at least. You WONT be able to feel your arm.

Darkly
May 30, 2008, 10:06 AM
you ever tried asking telling them you guys are trying to sleep and too many nights a week they are loud etc.

You could try to ask them, do it in a worn out tone though, but say in a friendly way your exhausted because there arguments etc. kept you up, they might stop being asshole perhaps?

SabZero
May 30, 2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah, you can try talking to them first, still keeping the log. I really wouldn't advise to vandanlism against anyone -_- Maybe they put auto-closers on all their doors and that's why... You never know XD

AlexCraig
May 30, 2008, 04:48 PM
I still somewhat doubt me talking to them would do any good. They're rude enough to do it in the first place, and they have had incidents with the cops in the past. Hell, their daughter has had arguements with my brother and I in the past. I seriously doubt they'd listen to anything I, or anyone from my family, would say.

Jainsea
May 30, 2008, 05:37 PM
That sucks :T When I lived with my sister in an apartment we always had such bad luck
with neighbors. We were on the 1st floor and like clockwork between 1-2am they pump that stereo up high and Im not kidding start moving furniture around. Im like wtf O_o?! You
wait till the wee morning hours to rerange your room?! Erghhhh>< We'd bang the wall and hit the ceiling" Shut up!!!!" It stop for abit then start again >.> We and our other neighbors had to call the police on them. Enough noise complaints and its likely they'd get kicked out.

I remeber in another apartment my sis and I were in, every so often when school was out the next door neighbors' kids would think it was damn funny to ring our doorbell nonstop and run down the stairwell giggling like a bunch of morons with thier other friends. Well one day
I heard them laughing coming up the stairs and waited for them, and as they rang the doorbell I openned the door and they ran so fast one of them forgot his backpack. I ripped it open and flinged it downstairs,watching all its stuff just spew all over the place. Well they never rang our doorbell again.