PDA

View Full Version : Metric / Emily Haines

RedMussel
May 31, 2008, 01:23 AM
I was just wondering if anyone listen to Metric. They are a really good band nut not many people have heard of them. Emily Haines is the lead singer but also has a 2 solo album. n_n

IOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjVU1eOvrc

Doctor Blind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij5CXOb1WE8

Tell me what you think! n_n

ThaiSoup
May 31, 2008, 02:45 AM
Can't get into the vocals.

Mixfortune
May 31, 2008, 04:28 AM
Like with most groups for me, there's only a few songs I can honestly say I enjoy.
For Metric, though, the ones I do like are very well up there, so I guess you could say they'd be among my favorite groups by my listening style.

astuarlen
May 31, 2008, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I like 'em. Haven't listened in a while, though.
While I realize the site isn't the most representative cross-section of the listening population, I assumed that 11 million plays on last.fm made them pretty well known. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. :clown:

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 11:38 AM
Can't get into the vocals.

Seems more like a soloist with some backup players, huh.

Yeah, vocals aren't really there for me.

Eihwaz
May 31, 2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I like 'em. Haven't listened in a while, though.
While I realize the site isn't the most representative cross-section of the listening population, I assumed that 11 million plays on last.fm made them pretty well known. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. :clown:You'd be surprised. If it's on an indie label and coming out of Canada, it's got "sleeper hit" written all over it.

VioletSkye
May 31, 2008, 12:45 PM
Didn't do anything for me. I wasn't particularly fond of the vocals and the music sounded generic and kinda boring. It seemed to just sorta sit there wallowing in itself lol. Of the two songs though, I preferred the second one.

astuarlen
May 31, 2008, 01:05 PM
Not that it matters, really, but I don't enjoy either of the posted songs as much as some of their others. If I had to pick my two prefered tracks, I guess I'd go with "Police and the Private" and "Dead Disco".

Spoiler warning: opinions!

RedMussel
May 31, 2008, 01:22 PM
Not that it matters, really, but I don't enjoy either of the posted songs as much as some of their others. If I had to pick my two prefered tracks, I guess I'd go with "Police and the Private" and "Dead Disco".

Spoiler warning: opinions!

Yeah i love those songs too! There are some songs i dont like awhile. n_n

Mixfortune
Jun 1, 2008, 05:51 AM

*points to own nose*

Combat Baby is okay, though, I'd have to say those are the two I cycle around.
And yeah, those would be pretty much all the ones you had referred me to, ast, but even after getting a CD I still liked those the most, hah.

Eihwaz
Jun 2, 2008, 12:11 AM
I like her voice quite a lot, but I think I prefer her in the context of a Broken Social Scene song.