PDA

View Full Version : Player Controlled Vehicles

Cranberry
May 31, 2008, 02:10 PM
I was reading this interview on the site.

http://www.pso-world.com/phantasy-star-universe-e3-2006-takao-miyoshi.php

And he talks about water skii bikes, dinosaurs that shoot, and other stuff that we can control. This sounds awesome and I really want to try this out. What missions can we use these things in? I haven't been able to find them. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

beatrixkiddo
May 31, 2008, 02:11 PM
They're offline, with the exception of events.

Shinko
May 31, 2008, 02:19 PM
it really isn't that great. i mean it be ok to have it online but if we don't oh well.

Cranberry
May 31, 2008, 02:24 PM
Episode 1 or Episode 2? I'm on Ambition of Illuminus.

furrypaws
May 31, 2008, 02:31 PM
Episode one, unfortunately. I did hear they're bringing airboards to the Dengeki Carnival, which should happen sometime in the summer.

They're not excellent, but they do provide an interesting change of pace. I'd like to see some in later missions as well. I always thought it'd be fun to have a FLoader race on the Neudaizian oceans.

Kylie
May 31, 2008, 02:46 PM
Offline Episode 1: Floaders and those dinosaur-bird thingies *looks for Logan to say their actual name*

1UP (online event): floaders

Degenki (online event): airboards

pikachief
May 31, 2008, 02:50 PM
I believe their called lugnas but let me check :P

oh wait u wanted logan.... :(

Lunga!

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/image/game_more_ride01.png

beatrixkiddo
May 31, 2008, 02:52 PM
Lungas?

Kylie
May 31, 2008, 02:53 PM
Espio-wannabes~

especially you, bea ;o

pikachief
May 31, 2008, 02:53 PM
Lungas?

yes -_-

EDIT: btw beatrix, in your sig y is she holding 2 videos? D: loljk XD

SonicTMP
May 31, 2008, 03:44 PM
Air boards? Sweet! Justa travel boost or can we fight while on them?

Stryker Diaz
May 31, 2008, 06:35 PM
Floader looks just like a Ghost off of Halo

pikachief
May 31, 2008, 06:38 PM
Air boards? Sweet! Justa travel boost or can we fight while on them?

neither. they're for races during the event.

SonicTMP
May 31, 2008, 08:14 PM
Ohh actual races sound fun. Better than just a surfing around the lobby novelty.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 1, 2008, 04:26 PM
Ohh actual races sound fun. Better than just a surfing around the lobby novelty.

Although it'd be cool to pull them out and ride around in lobbies. :disapprove:

Ryna
Jun 1, 2008, 04:29 PM
I was reading this interview on the site.
And he talks about water skii bikes, dinosaurs that shoot, and other stuff that we can control. This sounds awesome and I really want to try this out. What missions can we use these things in? I haven't been able to find them. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

You can pilot the Lunga, Floader, and Striker in PSU's offline Story Mode (first game). For online mode, you'll be able to pilot an Airboard (same controls as Floader) in an upcoming event. The Striker has yet to be released online. However, I do have some old preview videos showing two people controlling it at one time.

Saki-kun
Jun 1, 2008, 06:17 PM
I so would like my own tank :p but thats just me of course

BFGfreak
Jun 1, 2008, 09:48 PM
You can pilot the Lunga, Floader, and Striker in PSU's offline Story Mode (first game). For online mode, you'll be able to pilot an Airboard (same controls as Floader) in an upcoming event. The Striker has yet to be released online. However, I do have some old preview videos showing two people controlling it at one time.
Pics or it never happened (LOL J/K)
OK seriously, do you still have those or where can I see them, because frankly, I'm curious how 2 people can pilot a vehicle in this game.

Para
Jun 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
The striker was hilarious in the offline game... you can plow through any enemy and deal thousands of damage XD

Chuck_Norris
Jun 1, 2008, 10:54 PM
The striker was hilarious in the offline game... you can plow through any enemy and deal thousands of damage XD

Not to mention it handles like a block of cheese.

gryphonvii
Jun 1, 2008, 11:01 PM
a block of deadly cheese!!! Maybe Parmesan?