PDA

View Full Version : First in videogame History

Vantamiath
Jan 23, 2003, 11:30 PM
A revelation just sruck me about PSO for the Gamecube...Its the first game ever to have advertising in-game for a different system..literally.

Even though the DC is "dead" the DC mag (genesis too) is still one of the featured GCN mags...

I think this is the first time in gaming history a different company (nintendo/sega) has showcased a product of a different company INGAME.

We better call up Guiness.

ShieldDragon
Jan 23, 2003, 11:48 PM
Maybe Sega will decide to put their super secret, next generation system as a mag in the Xbox version? Now THAT's advertising.

Or maybe I'm just being hopeful.

Cloud_01
Jan 24, 2003, 12:26 AM
Yeah, that is kind of ironic actually. Still it will do no good as advertisement for sega sense the DC is already dead.

hucasts_rock
Jan 24, 2003, 12:40 AM
I'm not sure if sega will make another system now that they teamed up with nintendo...have u noticed many DC games on GC? that's why...

hooray4punkmusic
Jan 24, 2003, 12:45 AM
(They better make another sonic game!) Wow that's cool. I never thought about that. But genisis is dead, so is dreamcast. So i guess it doesn't matter.

thewiredknight
Jan 24, 2003, 01:09 AM
Since the systems are dead I don't think Nintendo cares that they are advertised.

rbf2000
Jan 24, 2003, 01:21 AM
I think, since Sonic is the flag character for Sega, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle would have been an advertisement for sega on a differant system.

Neifan
Jan 24, 2003, 09:46 AM
If you look at the sword Shinobi uses in the new Shinobe game, the crossgaurd is the Sega Swirl. Sega's putting in Dreamcast references in all their games. Looks that way to me, anyway.

Kupi
Jan 24, 2003, 12:25 PM
Ah, for the good old days when game companies put shameless plugs in their games... for instance, in a game called Dynamite Headdy by Treasure, you can actually see a sign in the background of one level that says, "Treasure Rules!" Good stuff. XD