PDA

View Full Version : White Beast is Retarded. Kthx.

TakNatali
Jun 1, 2008, 05:17 PM
Why is White Beast so popular? Mediocre drops, annoying mobs that can disable you two different ways, decent MP but if thats what you want try AMF metro or a few others i can name...All in all, a retarded mission. The lack of ppl that carry Sols is tedious. Carry, Sol, Atomizers, plz.

Criss
Jun 1, 2008, 05:22 PM
One thing.

Serafi-senba.

That, and exp and MP are above average. Not that anyone cares now that almost everyone is lv 130 because of MAG.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 1, 2008, 05:25 PM
ya and were going to be hit by mag again soon, which is going to throw my PA lvl out of ratio more than it already is, but at the same time I still want to get those weapons I neglected to pick up on last time

ashley50
Jun 1, 2008, 05:27 PM
One thing.

Serafi-senba.

And if you don't like the Mission...why not go somewhere else?
Instead of mixing in with the crowd anyways and complaining?

Realmz
Jun 1, 2008, 05:27 PM
i'd rather do Lightning Beasts for a double Agito, but i'm not high enough for that yet, and i have no friends that remember me from a year ago haha

Ryno
Jun 1, 2008, 05:34 PM
Why is White Beast so popular? Mediocre drops, annoying mobs that can disable you two different ways, decent MP but if thats what you want try AMF metro or a few others i can name...All in all, a retarded mission. The lack of ppl that carry Sols is tedious. Carry, Sol, Atomizers, plz.

White beast has always been boring(except when it came out in the begining).. I just go there cause there is no where else to party..lol

I think they also go there just to Level PA's , Technics, Gain meseta, etc...

One thing.

Serafi-senba.

That, and exp and MP are above average. Not that anyone cares now that almost everyone is lv 130 because of MAG.

LOL.. I already have like 3 Serafi - senba Boards.. but im not selling it

Criss
Jun 1, 2008, 05:46 PM
I have two Serafi-senbas I synthed from boards I got when the mission first came out. I'd really like to get the other 4 elements, but I can't be bothered to do a mission as boring as White Beast.

SonicTMP
Jun 1, 2008, 05:50 PM
i'd rather do Lightning Beasts for a double Agito, but i'm not high enough for that yet, and i have no friends that remember me from a year ago haha

Doesn't drop there currently. go fight de ragnus.

TakNatali
Jun 1, 2008, 05:55 PM
I actually rarely do White Beast but a few of my friends talked me into it...That was really the only reason i posted this thread; frustrating run.

Iduno
Jun 1, 2008, 05:58 PM
Everyone goes there because everywhere else is deserted and everywhere else is deserted because everyone goes there

Its a vicious cycle and I HATE it. :(

chaoskila
Jun 1, 2008, 07:24 PM
i want serafi-senba jeeeeeeeeeeeez nvr nvr nvr ever ever evr seen one drop thoooo
white beast is racist >.>

Zorafim
Jun 1, 2008, 08:52 PM
Why is Serafi-Senba still so rare after everyone runs it? All the other boss drops seem fairly common. The slicer and twin claws that drop there are selling for less than 5mil, yet I hardly see Serafi Senbas.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 1, 2008, 09:42 PM
I play White Beast because 2 boards wasn't enough for me to actually successfully synth a Serafi-senba!

McLaughlin
Jun 1, 2008, 10:33 PM
Why is Serafi-Senba still so rare after everyone runs it? All the other boss drops seem fairly common. The slicer and twin claws that drop there are selling for less than 5mil, yet I hardly see Serafi Senbas.

Armors went from never working to never dropping.

Shinko
Jun 1, 2008, 11:30 PM
a good mix of mp and exp plus serefi-senba......

also others go there because that's were most ppl are at and they want to play with others.....

Seority
Jun 2, 2008, 09:58 AM
Hey, I don't have a serafi-senba board!
Why? Cuz I don't do white beast ;)

Kylie
Jun 2, 2008, 01:51 PM
I'm so tired of White Beast threads. >_>; I don't know. I think it's a decently fun mission with good rewards in mission points, experience, and rares. Plus, it isn't that hard, and I guess that's why people like it. Personally, I like other missions more, so I don't play at WB too much when friends are on that I can carry off elsewhere. But I understand both sides. Hopefully, it won't remain the hot spot forever (though it's had an extremely long run already).

Broodstar1337
Jun 2, 2008, 04:16 PM
I'm so tired of White Beast threads. >_>; I don't know. I think it's a decently fun mission with good rewards in mission points, experience, and rares. Plus, it isn't that hard, and I guess that's why people like it. Personally, I like other missions more, so I don't play at WB too much when friends are on that I can carry off elsewhere. But I understand both sides. Hopefully, it won't remain the hot spot forever (though it's had an extremely long run already).

See, that's the problem. It will be the hot spot for a very long time. There probably won't be another run that has fuck-easy monsters to kill that shit out exp like they have diarrhea, and there won't be another run that has such a highly sought rare that requires little more than a pulse and some patience to get. When it takes an event to get people away from 1% of the game's content, there's a problem with how the game is set up!

F-Gattaca
Jun 4, 2008, 05:34 AM
I personally avoid White Beast if I can. Hotspot grinding has been a mindset of MMO players for a long time, but PSU has several grades of each mission which make it so that you aren't encouraged to move around. That doesn't mean the more typical way is any better; people miss out on a lot of locales and content by following some guide saying when and where to level.

The one thing that bothers me about Alterazgoug is that I can see how it'd be a rough fight if running the mission at the absolute minmum requirement for a specific difficulty rank. Heck, it even gets some sort of minions of its own, which I don't think is commonly seen in PSU.

I think Alterazgoug could be a lot more badass than it actually is and would present a serious challenge if there were some changes made to emphasize that. For example, imagine of those minions it summons around the arena could throw megid and grants than just those AoE moves they do. Combined with beefing up Alterazgoug's stats, that could easily give Magas Maganna a run for its money.

CelestialBlade
Jun 4, 2008, 10:11 AM
Serafi-senba? I have never been able to figure out why people hold armor in such high regard. Armor means next to nothing in this game, it is much easier to find another 4-slot armor and just tack a good elemental % onto it.

Offense is your best defense in PSU.

F-Gattaca
Jun 4, 2008, 07:45 PM
Serafi-senba? I have never been able to figure out why people hold armor in such high regard. Armor means next to nothing in this game, it is much easier to find another 4-slot armor and just tack a good elemental % onto it.

Offense is your best defense in PSU.

And considering the Serafi-senba DOES have a set bonus with the Dagger of Serafi, which adds 50 ATP among other things, as well as being an S-rank armor with all four slots (therefore allowing use of S-rank units) ...

Armor units go a long way in helping with that offense, so you can't deny the usefulness of an S-rank armor that grants all four slots of any quality rank you want. And even though set bonuses got toned down I don't think they can be disregarded either.

Kylie
Jun 4, 2008, 07:50 PM
And considering the Serafi-senba DOES have a set bonus with the Dagger of Serafi, which adds 50 ATP among other things, as well as being an S-rank armor with all four slots (therefore allowing use of S-rank units) ...
That's why I would upgrade to S. If you can afford to, you might as well.