PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Diadu Cup Time Attack Event (360)

Zael
Jun 1, 2008, 10:09 PM
So I've decided that PSU needs more interesting events during this 3 week dry spell we've been having. Since we haven't seen one of these events for ages, I've decided to host my own.

Details

When: Wednesday June 18, 3pm pacific time (7pm eastern time, 11pm UK time) Staff members must meet with me at 2:00 pm pacific time
Where to meet: Seabed Plant Base, Universe 9.

Rules

This is an elimination-style event. Each team will be led by a staff member. The TA event is continuous, which means the teams start the next level as soon as they finish one. The winning team is the one that makes it to the end-lobby of the last mission first. If someone in the party gets killed, that player is eliminated and the staff member will remove that player from the game.

- If you are killed, do NOT return to the lobby. Wait for the staff to remove you so your death does not affect your team's rank.
- If you are eliminated, you still count as part of your team for prize claiming purposes.
- Your team must get an S-rank in each mission unless specified otherwise. If you fail to S-rank it, your whole team gets eliminated.
- Staff members must give up any rares they receive to the team they're staffing, if requested by the team. The team can either decide who gets it, or they can roll to see who gets it.

Restrictions
- No Scape Dolls. No picking up Scape Dolls either.
- No restocking at all. However, you may pick up mates and stars that drop. You can also use recharge cubes.
- Team size is 4 people.
- Each member must be at least level 85.
- Each team must have at least one class in the following list (not all 4): Acrotecher, Fortetecher, Guntecher, Wartecher.
- No Cheating. This includes the machinegun glitch.

If you'd like to enter, post your team name here, and the members.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'm here like every day.

Also, I need volunteer staff members! While I'm able to provide the prizes, I cannot do this event alone. And if I can't get staff members, I can't do this event. Or I'll have to postpone it. And I know how much you hate seeing events postponed :]

TA Mission List
- Lab Recovery S2
- Dark Satellite S2
- Desert Terror S2
- Electronic Brain S (S not required)

And now the best part...

Prizes (Special thanks to XxGiRxX for providing the prizes)

1st place team: 10 million meseta for each member
2nd place team: 6 million meseta for each member
3rd place team: 4 million meseta for each member

Extra Info
My 360 character's name: Corsair
My Gamertag: Aeryn Z

If you're staffing, add me to your XBL friends. I'm going to be holding a private chat for me and staff members during the event to make communication more easy and effective.

GaNksTa
Jun 1, 2008, 10:54 PM
Are you starting at 12PM or meeting at 12PM? If you're meeting up I have finals that week and should get out at 12:32PM; I should be able to be on PSU at 12:45-ish.. Or was this time planned to lower the amount of people on/exclude minors? :►

XxG1RxX
Jun 1, 2008, 10:59 PM
Times are bound to change.
We're still trying to establish a time right now.

GaNksTa
Jun 1, 2008, 11:07 PM
Alright; that's good to hear.

Zwick_
Jun 2, 2008, 06:05 AM
OH wow, I will definitely be there, good thing that is my week of finals =)

blkbeast
Jun 2, 2008, 07:10 AM
ey wow nice finally sum FUN!!!!!!! YEAAAAAA lets GO!!!!!! AND1 in dis bytch!!!!
you got my clan And1 ready to roll fo dis TA event
how ppl/clans are we gonna have to beat to win it all?

PALRAPPYS
Jun 2, 2008, 02:20 PM
Sounds like good prizes.

Plus a little fun anyways. I might come.

chaoskila
Jun 2, 2008, 02:35 PM
1st place team: 10 million meseta for each member
2nd place team: 6 million meseta for each member
3rd place team: 4 million meseta for each member[/B]

damnnnnnnnnnnnn

XxG1RxX
Jun 2, 2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I'm quitting, so I thought I'd donate my leftover meseta that wasn't already given away to a fun event.

Sekani
Jun 2, 2008, 05:47 PM
No Dus Majarra?

Um... why?

beastmode1324
Jun 2, 2008, 06:10 PM
ill come. it sounds like a good event.

Zael
Jun 2, 2008, 06:34 PM
No Dus Majarra?

Um... why?

Because too many people rely on it solely for damage dealing. All the TAs on the PC/PS2 servers ultimately end up as Majarra fests. To top it off, most classes can use it.

For such a high reward, I want to see what players will come up with for a strategy not involving Dus Majarra.

Zael
Jun 2, 2008, 07:23 PM
EDIT:

Time changed to 3pm GMT -8

That should be a lot more convenient for most people.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 2, 2008, 07:29 PM
EDIT:

Time changed to 3pm GMT -8

That should be a lot more convenient for most people.

I sure hope more people will come for it than those that posted in this thread.

Not many people have responded so far.

Zael
Jun 2, 2008, 09:03 PM
I sure hope more people will come for it than those that posted in this thread.

Not many people have responded so far.

I've posted a topic on official boards too. A lot of the major competitive time attackers on 360 aren't really forum regulars. I've had friends send word out via XBL messages to get the word now. It's still over a week away, so there should be sufficient time to spark some interest and publicity.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 2, 2008, 09:07 PM
I've posted a topic on official boards too. A lot of the major competitive time attackers on 360 aren't really forum regulars. I've had friends send word out via XBL messages to get the word now. It's still over a week away, so there should be sufficient time to spark some interest and publicity.

Nice. Noticed the thread on Diadu as well. Thinking about maybe getting my brother to join in as well. However I'm more concerned on finding a team.

So...

If you need an Acrotecher for your party, I'm with you. I heal too much, actually. If you're worried about my equipment though, here's what I have-

Vish Adac 42% Dark 5/5
Vish Adac 32% Light 0/10
Halp Serafi 36% Fire 9/9
Blackheart 38% Ice 5/5
Pushan 6/6
Coni 6/6
Tesbra 5/5
Magical Wand 10/10
Storm 6/6
Hoshi-Kikami 3/10
Drumline 6/6 (Will use if asked)
Buff Stuffs (31+)
Giresta Mag (31+)

Resta and Reverser are also 31+.
I do not use debuffs.

Armor- Ice, Fire, and Dark Storm Lines. (Around 20%)
Har / Quick
Solid / Knight
Freeze / Resist
Puyoment Aura

If you want me to participate in your team, please message my gamertag which is "xi Lan ix" and I will likely join.

Thanks.

Zwick_
Jun 3, 2008, 07:19 PM
I actually have a question about the rules, if you die, can you get Giresta or are you removed anyways?

XxG1RxX
Jun 3, 2008, 10:17 PM
I actually have a question about the rules, if you die, can you get Giresta or are you removed anyways?
You are removed.

Zael
Jun 4, 2008, 01:35 AM
If you die, you're eliminated. Even if a techer Girestas you, the staff removes any competitor who gets killed.

Zwick_
Jun 4, 2008, 01:59 PM
Alright, thats what I thought, just making sure because my techer friend was wondering if he should get giresta for it.
Thanks =)

Zael
Jun 7, 2008, 06:39 AM
Couple changes. Removed Hill of Spores from the listings, and removed the Majarra restriction.

Zwick_
Jun 9, 2008, 09:58 PM
2 more questions:
1. If someone dies and is removed, is it only for that mission or the rest of the runs
2. What is the time, I am trying to figure it out and there are lots of different times posted lol

XxG1RxX
Jun 9, 2008, 10:00 PM
1. The member is removed permanently.
2. When: Wednesday June 11, 3pm pacific time (6pm eastern time, 11pm UK time) Staff members must meet with me at 2:00 pm pacific time

Solidsnake951
Jun 10, 2008, 02:21 PM
hello i've gather'd together a team and plan on participating in your event.
my character is a human and I plan on using either forte fighter or protranser
my weps are
agito repca 34% light 9/9
agito repca 36% light 5/5
bil de axe 26% light 0/10
ank bico 37% light 0/10
I also plan on using shot guns too not shure wich 1's yet.

dingobabby
Jun 10, 2008, 04:13 PM
hello,
i am a male beast lvl 113. im in solidsnake951 group. i am a fortegunner lvl 20.
my weps are,
rattlesnake 5/10
sniper10/10
phantom rifle 10/10
twin ruby bullet 0/10
gur asted 3/10

PALRAPPYS
Jun 10, 2008, 06:26 PM
hello i've gather'd together a team and plan on participating in your event.
my character is a human and I plan on using either forte fighter or protranser
my weps are
agito repca 34% light 9/9
agito repca 36% light 5/5
bil de axe 26% light 0/10
ank bico 37% light 0/10
I also plan on using shot guns too not shure wich 1's yet.

I'm still a little shaky on this.

We died way too many times from megid in our practicing. :(

Solidsnake951
Jun 10, 2008, 08:05 PM

if it goes down like that we'll all be disqualified before reaching the finish. LOL

-Zephyr-
Jun 10, 2008, 09:37 PM
I just got off the phone with Zael, and he just has push this event back due to a dentist appointment he didn't know until now.

He is sorry because he feels like a SEGA GM :<

Solidsnake951
Jun 10, 2008, 11:07 PM
I just got off the phone with Zael, and he just has push this event back due to a dentist appointment he didn't know until now.

He is sorry because he feels like a SEGA GM :<

well thats a bummer. :-?

XxG1RxX
Jun 11, 2008, 12:16 AM
It'll be next Wed.

Sorry about that. I made that appt. 4 or so months ago and completely forgot about it ever since.
Directly from Zael.

Zael
Jun 11, 2008, 02:31 AM

Hey, only four people on the PC/PS2 TA died from megid! But then again, they didn't have dark satellite..

Solidsnake951
Jun 11, 2008, 02:45 AM
Hey, only four people on the PC/PS2 TA died from megid! But then again, they didn't have dark satellite..

yeah dark satellite is what did it. lol ^^;

Solidsnake951
Jun 11, 2008, 03:00 PM
wow cuz of the reschedule my whole team just abandoned me thanks guyz u are the true winners in my book.:etongue:

if anyone wants me on their team my GT is below just msg me.

Zael
Jun 11, 2008, 03:02 PM
sorry :/

There was nothing I could do about it. I'm usually punctual and on schedule, but this dental appointment got me.

Solidsnake951
Jun 11, 2008, 03:21 PM

There was nothing I could do about it. I'm usually punctual and on schedule, but this dental appointment got me.

it's not your fault btw. this is just really frustrating I planed this out from the beginning and now they just gonna leave me hanging like this wtf.:argh:

showtime
Jun 12, 2008, 08:03 AM
event sucks dont try to be cool all over forms and try to be some one but your not ppl just wait till a real event comes out

showtime
Jun 12, 2008, 08:06 AM
Solidsnake951

i can give you a try out i will add you on GT then i will hit u up when u r on whats your lvl

Sychosis
Jun 12, 2008, 11:25 AM
event sucks dont try to be cool all over forms and try to be some one but your not ppl just wait till a real event comes out

God forbid someone takes time out of their own schedule to run a player made mini-event to liven up the game, right? I know I hate it when people try to do what they can to give their fellow gamers that much more enjoyment from PSU. Seriously, where do you get off, Zael? :roll:

Really though, Zael doesn't need events to look cool on "forms." He has a shirt to do that for him 8-)

Oh and, #1 You need to learn English.

Zael
Jun 12, 2008, 12:02 PM
While we're on the subject of judging something before seeing things for yourselves, I bet you're just a horrible player who's butthurt over being too weak/unskilled/young/metally incapacitated/etc. to win this event and the prizes.

Yeah. Go away, we don't care for your comments.

Zwick_
Jun 13, 2008, 12:26 PM
Just curious, did you decide when it is rescheduled for?

Zael
Jun 13, 2008, 02:06 PM
Already changed the date on the OP.

blkbeast
Jun 17, 2008, 11:52 PM
ok my clan for this event
AND 1
Flash 3*, sytch, J.hyuga, Sabertooth
we are ready
see you in uni 9

XxG1RxX
Jun 18, 2008, 09:18 AM
The event is today people!

3pm pacific time (6pm eastern time, 11pm UK time) Staff members must meet with me at 2:00 pm pacific time
Where to meet: Seabed Plant Base, Universe 9.

Zael
Jun 18, 2008, 04:25 PM
coming G1R?

Zwick_
Jun 18, 2008, 05:57 PM
wow the original post said 7 ET, I just showed up and nobody was here... thanks for messing up the time on the post and making my team late, very reliable

Zael
Jun 18, 2008, 07:12 PM

my sincere apologies for that typo.

Zael
Jun 18, 2008, 07:13 PM
Well, that was fun! The turnout was pretty huge, and we were understaffed, so I had to go staff a team myself. Here's the results.
(Please forgive misspellings. My handwriting is terrible)

1st Place: +j4j+ (10 mil each)
- FUDGEHOY
- DISCO
- Cronic v.420
- Robo Zelda

2nd Place: ATA NEVER MATTERS (6 mil each)
- Bennedy
- GTAF
- E
- Cyndane

3rd Place: Longshot (4 mil each)
- Maxwell Edison
- Tidus
- Gunslinger
- Son Lung

4th Place: ReDconflict
- Trizz
- Jeremiah
- Doc Lado
- {ChiChi}

5th Place: AND1
- Flash 3*
- Sycth
- J. Hyuga
- Sabertooth

6th Place: JCT
- VOLTRON
- Jovon
- Cobra
- Telina

7th Place: BOTHS
- McConnell
- ImplicitAnt
- K'
- DARK NOVA

Eliminated: MizFITz
- Yinna
- Seaviak
- x Omega Weapon x
- Vincint

Eliminated: 2 brits 2 yanks
- Crash 2.0
- Viola
- VictorixXVII
- Xeph0n

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to all participants and staff members! I definitely had fun hosting this event and I'm glad to be able to coordinate an awesome event on the 360 servers.

Staff: Toothball, bloodflowes, Vorpal Lord, Jaspaller, Sychosis, Dr. No, XxG1RxX
Prize Contributers: XxG1RxX, Eliash

Zwick_
Jun 18, 2008, 07:19 PM
Eh, as upset as I was and as much of an uproar I made, it looked like it was a good event overall, at least the winner was a good pal of mine =)

Jaspaller
Jun 18, 2008, 07:51 PM
Great event. Team AND1 probably would've made second or third if they didn't have to redo DS S2

XxG1RxX
Jun 18, 2008, 08:04 PM
Great event. Team AND1 probably would've made second or third if they didn't have to redo DS S2
- Your team must get an S-rank in each mission unless specified otherwise. If you fail to S-rank it, your whole team gets eliminated.
So nice Jasp :3

Jaspaller
Jun 18, 2008, 08:14 PM
Silence bitch. Rules changed... I think that's what Zael said around 2ish. Oh wait... someone wasn't here to hear it.

XxG1RxX
Jun 18, 2008, 08:16 PM
Silence bitch. Rules changed... I think that's what Zael said around 2ish. Oh wait... someone wasn't here to hear it.
Well, maybe he should have changed it on here fgt.

Zwick_
Jun 18, 2008, 08:18 PM
Haha dont want to continue this flame war but uhhh Gir, youre going completely against what you said earlier to me when this board wasnt important =)

XxG1RxX
Jun 18, 2008, 08:22 PM
Haha dont want to continue this flame war but uhhh Gir, youre going completely against what you said earlier to me when this board wasnt important =)
Except the fact that it was obviously at 6EST, since it said 3PST.
He just madde a typo, but you could have easily figured it out.

Zwick_
Jun 18, 2008, 08:27 PM
Like I said, I don't want to continue that argument, if you keep bringing it up I would gladly continue to prove why I am right, but I already made peace with Zael about it so Im really not worried about what you think.. now tell me, are you going to carry this out any more?

XxG1RxX
Jun 18, 2008, 08:43 PM
Like I said, I don't want to continue that argument, if you keep bringing it up I would gladly continue to prove why I am right, but I already made peace with Zael about it so Im really not worried about what you think.. now tell me, are you going to carry this out any more?
You don't want to continue?
Then why would you bring it up?

Zwick_
Jun 18, 2008, 10:26 PM
Except the fact that it was obviously at 6EST, since it said 3PST.
He just madde a typo, but you could have easily figured it out.

This is definitely you that said this, am I correct? Yes I am as I always am when it comes to arguing with somebody, my post said I didnt want to fuel anything and you made this statement which was antagonizing me which makes me right once more so lets not continue this, you can drop it, as I said me and Zael talked it out very shortly and we are cool now so let it be and take it lightly, dont flip out over anything anybody says

XxG1RxX
Jun 18, 2008, 10:52 PM
This is definitely you that said this, am I correct? Yes I am as I always am when it comes to arguing with somebody, my post said I didnt want to fuel anything and you made this statement which was antagonizing me which makes me right once more so lets not continue this, you can drop it, as I said me and Zael talked it out very shortly and we are cool now so let it be and take it lightly, dont flip out over anything anybody says
You know how you could have avoided this all?
By using common sense .
Crazy I know.

And your post didn't want to fuel anything?
Then why did you even post it in the first place?
If you wanted to "let it go" then you shouldn't have posted anything directed toward me at all.

Zwick_
Jun 18, 2008, 11:57 PM
You know how you could have avoided this all?
By using common sense .
Crazy I know.

And your post didn't want to fuel anything?
Then why did you even post it in the first place?
If you wanted to "let it go" then you shouldn't have posted anything directed toward me at all.

To be honest, I was pointing out your contradiction of yourself mostly for my own humor, I said nothing about earlier or the time situation because I let it go, I dont care anymore, it sucked and now its over, theres nothing I can do about the mistake, I spoke my mind and I didnt need to say anymore because I proved my point, proved you wrong and I have a good enough amount of people agreeing with me including the winners of the event so stop crying that you lack the ability to hold an argument, stop trying to blame it on me when if you read it, you started this and brought it up, I am merely defending myself because I am not going to back down from someone like you and I am going to go down fighting by the slight chance that I do lose this argument against you (which I won't). You are blowing this one statement that I made way out of proportion, antagonizing this whole thing, and just trying to make me fight more. But guess what: I am done. This is a stupid argument that has gone on way too long because you are carrying it out because you know that I have won and you can't accept it, so what I want you to do is stop dragging it on (because I am now done) and if you are still going to, just quit the game already, and stop trying to bring down the image of a person that is respected by almost everybody I have played with on this game.

My parting note is never try to tell me to use common sense, I look at everything logically and I know how right I am in this fight which is why I decided to defend myself, if I was wrong I would admit it.

Goodbye and good luck coming back from that

XxG1RxX
Jun 19, 2008, 09:06 AM
RAGE
Like I said earlier.
USE YOUR COMMON SENSE TO TELL THAT IT WAS AT 6EST.
If it said 3PST, and 11UK, and there were several posts throughout this thread saying how it was at 6PM eastern, not 7, then it is obviously at 6est.

Also, you were the one who was raging at the event spamming how this event sucks and you got cheated, all this bitching over a single typo.

Zwick_
Jun 19, 2008, 05:07 PM
Like I said earlier.
USE YOUR COMMON SENSE TO TELL THAT IT WAS AT 6EST.
If it said 3PST, and 11UK, and there were several posts throughout this thread saying how it was at 6PM eastern, not 7, then it is obviously at 6est.

Also, you were the one who was raging at the event spamming how this event sucks and you got cheated, all this bitching over a single typo.

You can not comprehend the most simple of facts can you? First of all calm down because once again you are blowing this up when I said I was done, I will no longer check this thread to see what you say so dont bother responding to it. First off I searched and I never once used the word rage so you misquoted me. Second, I never said the event sucked, not once, I said it looked like it was a good event that I am glad people who participated had fun in it, you can ask people because you are clearly blind or illiterate. And lastly (and like I said I dont care anymore because it no longer matters anyways) if it was posted throughout the thread why was it not changed on the original post, if it was clearly posted wrong it should have been changed, and it wasnt, oh well thats just too bad for me. And to reiterate one more time, never tell me to use common sense because if you had ANY common sense at all, you would look at the time that affects you. My whole team was EST and when I saw the letters EST that is the time I looked at, why would I care what time it was PST if neither me or my entire team was that time... I will answer that for you because you are going to rant about common sense again: I DONT. Now like I said before, its over, it no longer matters, I dropped it, I apologized for causing the uproar, and you continue to fight me over it, so I dont care, just quit the game like you were going to and if you ever come back do not let me know because I do not care at all.

-Zwick

XxG1RxX
Jun 19, 2008, 05:28 PM
You can not comprehend the most simple of facts can you? First of all calm down because once again you are blowing this up when I said I was done, I will no longer check this thread to see what you say so dont bother responding to it. First off I searched and I never once used the word rage so you misquoted me. Second, I never said the event sucked, not once, I said it looked like it was a good event that I am glad people who participated had fun in it, you can ask people because you are clearly blind or illiterate. And lastly (and like I said I dont care anymore because it no longer matters anyways) if it was posted throughout the thread why was it not changed on the original post, if it was clearly posted wrong it should have been changed, and it wasnt, oh well thats just too bad for me. And to reiterate one more time, never tell me to use common sense because if you had ANY common sense at all, you would look at the time that affects you. My whole team was EST and when I saw the letters EST that is the time I looked at, why would I care what time it was PST if neither me or my entire team was that time... I will answer that for you because you are going to rant about common sense again: I DONT. Now like I said before, its over, it no longer matters, I dropped it, I apologized for causing the uproar, and you continue to fight me over it, so I dont care, just quit the game like you were going to and if you ever come back do not let me know because I do not care at all.

-Zwick
Didn't read any of this, just posted for this...

But guess what: I am done.

(because I am now done)

Zael
Jun 20, 2008, 01:35 AM
drama knows no bounds, i see.

Jaspaller
Jun 20, 2008, 10:09 AM
Gir knows no bounds, i see.
Fix'd!