PDA

View Full Version : 'Spiral Dance"

Guru_Pitka_39
Jun 4, 2008, 12:22 AM
How Good Is This Pa? Wasn't Thinking Little High...

Xefi
Jun 4, 2008, 12:24 AM
pretty good, and it can trip enemies on it's first portion of the PA. Tres Bien!

Window man
Jun 4, 2008, 12:26 AM
It sucks.

bLOODSAW
Jun 4, 2008, 12:26 AM
From personal experience, its very good. It does decent enough damage and is great for groups of enemies. It's also a very quick pa (only going from the 2nd to 3rd hit is there a delay and even so, it's nothing too extreme). Definitely recommend leveling it.

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2008, 12:38 AM
It's pretty fast and reasonably strong, I prefer the look of gravity dance, but that doesn't hit as hard or fast.

SonicTMP
Jun 4, 2008, 12:57 AM
My only gripe with spiral dance is the kick in part 2 knocks them back too far, usually out of range of part 3. This is bypaseed by learning to "miss" the kick on purpose. Though really, it sorta defeats the point of the skill

CeruleanWitch
Jun 4, 2008, 01:21 AM
It's very good for how much you pay for it. Hell, I'd rather pay 99 frags for Spiral Dance instead of Tornado Dance.

Freshellent
Jun 4, 2008, 01:22 AM
I think when Spiral is used properly, it's easy to fall in love with.
[spoiler-box]
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/Einhart6/psu20080519_024726_000.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/Einhart6/psu20080519_024734_002.jpg[/spoiler-box]

ashley50
Jun 4, 2008, 01:30 AM
Best All-Around Double Saber PA...

desturel
Jun 4, 2008, 01:42 AM
Too lazy to delete the post, so I'll just modify the first comment. :)

Spiral Dance at level 40 is:
First part: 145% attack hitting two spots three times
Second part: 300% attack hitting two spots two times
Third part: 350% attack hitting two spots three times

The total damage would be 4170
145*2*3 + 300*2*2 + 350*2*3
or
870 + 1200 + 2100

Gravity Dance at level 40 is:
First Part: 140% attack hitting two spots four times
Second Part: 190% attack hitting three spots two times
Third Part: 480% attack hitting three spots one time

Total damage would be 3700
140*2*4 + 190*3*2 + 480*3
or
1120 + 1140 + 1440

I find Spiral Dance more practical in most situations. Spiral Dance takes about 5 second to complete without just attack and about 7 seconds to complete with just attack. Which is about identical to Gravity. The main difference is that Spiral doesn't have as long of a pause between the second and third part.

Of course this is just the opinion of someone who only played figh long enough to level spiral to 40, and Absolute and gravity to 31. (basically just power leveled the PAs to 31 then switched classes.) Spiral is the only one I use normally when I play figh so I can't say what a person who plays it as their main class has to say about it.

Darklighter
Jun 4, 2008, 02:14 AM
I like gravity dance better regardless of how inferior it is.

Sylpheed
Jun 4, 2008, 02:39 AM
:???:
Spiral Dance hits harder than Gravity Dance once you get it to 21.

or
870 + 1200 + 2100

or
1120 + 1140 + 1440

I find Spiral Dance more practical in most situations. Spiral Dance takes about 5 second to complete without just attack and about 7 seconds to complete with just attack. Which is about identical to Gravity. The main difference is that Spiral doesn't have as long of a pause between the second and third part.

Of course this is just the opinion of someone who only played figh long enough to level spiral to 40, and Absolute and gravity to 31. (basically just power leveled the PAs to 31 then switched classes.) Spiral is the only one I use normally when I play figh so I can't say what a person who plays it as their main class has to say about it.

You realise he said Spiral IS BETTER than Gravity, right? Either way, i have all the Double Saber PA's levelled above 30 except Absolute Dance. To be honest Absolute dosen't even warrant my attention, like Ikk Hikk it's only worth doing the first or second part of the PA. Not just because it's too slow but also because the third combo has little to no use. It hits once after doing a rediculously long animation, in comparison to Spiral and Gravity, it fails.

As for Tornado dance, well...It's a situational PA. I only use it on monsters that can't be knocked god knows how many miles around the level.

Vent
Jun 4, 2008, 02:56 AM
Absolute Dance is good for boss and multi-box mobs killing. Spiral Dance is good for overall use. Gravity Dance isn't even better than normal hitting.

Cry0
Jun 4, 2008, 03:34 AM
Spiral dance is the overall most useful, fast, and most damaging PA, which gives you the least headaches.

Tornado dance you are best off using on un-knockoverable (is that a word?) beasts.
Gravity dance couldn't kill a group of raging babies if they all only had one leg.
If you want to get your ass kicked around, use Absolute dance.

Spiral dance is the way to go.

HighOctane
Jun 4, 2008, 03:38 AM
I personally like Gravity Dance. I could hit around 4k's with the last bop and the enemy is usually never out of reach.

Hrith
Jun 4, 2008, 07:42 AM
Spiral dance is the overall most useful, fast, and most damaging PAMost useful, if you want, but Absolute Dance is twice as powerful as Spiral Dance, if not more...

Realmz
Jun 4, 2008, 07:53 AM
Spiral Dance hurts knocks things around

Gravity Dance hurts and only knocks things up on the last hit.

Gravity dance is what i'll be using in groups when i want mobs to stay together

Neither Tornado Dance nor Absolute Dance interest me

desturel
Jun 4, 2008, 08:04 AM
You realise he said Spiral IS BETTER than Gravity, right?

So he did. That will teach me not to post while half asleep. :D

panzer_unit
Jun 4, 2008, 08:11 AM
Most useful, if you want, but Absolute Dance is twice as powerful as Spiral Dance, if not more...

Yeah, you should always go by the maximum amount of damage a PA does instead of how quickly you can kill a couple enemies and get moving again.

Schubalts
Jun 4, 2008, 08:45 AM
Yeah, you should always go by the maximum amount of damage a PA does instead of how quickly you can kill a couple enemies and get moving again.

Absolute Dance deals more damage per hit than Spiral Dance. This is what Hrith was talking about. Hrith did say that Spiral Dance is more useful.

Hrith
Jun 4, 2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah, you should always go by the maximum amount of damage a PA does instead of how quickly you can kill a couple enemies and get moving again.Absolute Dance is a lot more powerful, end of story, keep your whining to yourself.

Sekani
Jun 4, 2008, 11:44 AM
Spiral Dance is the best overall double saber PA. Gravity Dance really isn't that useful anymore, there aren't enough situations where Tornado Dance or Absolute Dance really shine as superior alternatives in my opinion.

chicken105
Jun 4, 2008, 12:41 PM
Best All-Around Double Saber PA...
agreed. Gravity used to be the best until Just attack came out for spril o_O

Hrith
Jun 4, 2008, 12:56 PM
Spiral Dance is the best overall double saber PA. Gravity Dance really isn't that useful anymore, there aren't enough situations where Tornado Dance or Absolute Dance really shine as superior alternatives in my opinion.Tornado Dance outclasses Spiral Dance on any four-legged monster with two weak spots (Polavohra, Gainozeros, Ubakrada, Grass Assassin...). Better damage, and those monsters can cancel even Spiral Dance very easily.

Absolute Dance is better (and best) in any situation that you would not get canceled.
Absolute Dance is also by far the most powerful move a Fighgunner has -> kills bosses fastest.

xEndrance
Jun 4, 2008, 02:45 PM
Absolute Dance = Absolute Fail.
Tornado Dance = Dizzyness
Spiral Dance = Cocaine Adict
Gravity Dance = Defies Failure

All around Absolute Fail =]

a-NUB-is
Jun 4, 2008, 02:55 PM
Too lazy to delete the post, so I'll just modify the first comment. :)

or
870 + 1200 + 2100

or
1120 + 1140 + 1440

Do you have stats like this for Absolute Dance? I am curious.

Sekani
Jun 4, 2008, 03:03 PM
Tornado Dance outclasses Spiral Dance on any four-legged monster with two weak spots (Polavohra, Gainozeros, Ubakrada, Grass Assassin...). Better damage, and those monsters can cancel even Spiral Dance very easily.

Absolute Dance is better (and best) in any situation that you would not get canceled.
Absolute Dance is also by far the most powerful move a Fighgunner has -> kills bosses fastest.
Anything that can cancel Spiral Dance has no problem swatting you out of Tornado Dance either, so that comparison is null. That said Spiral Dance offers far better control than Tornado on non-boss enemies and is safe enough to use even on smaller creatures. The damage difference is negligible to anyone who isn't having an orgasm over their DPS.

Absolute Dance is probably the best double saber PA on bosses, but at the moment I personally prefer Cross Hurricane.

Niloklives
Jun 4, 2008, 03:45 PM
the only quadruped monsters that has a chance of taking you out of spiral wnen you're using it properly are kamatose and carriguines. kamatose because their "dambarta" attack is a coounter attack like the bil de vears spin. and that will swat you out of the combo between stage 1 and 2. carriguines because they dont topple and they dont stagger well. I kill gaino's and grass assassins with spiral all the time with no interruptions.

Tornado is useful on Kamatose though and can be used on Gainos in the same way. the cool down and start up on Tornado leave something to be desired...I'll probably think better of this PA when we get fighmaster.

Anyway even if absolute dance does more per hit...it doesn't hit enough for it to matter and it's very slow.

99% of the time, just stick with spiral. if you're fighing thing that you don't want to kick around...switch weapons cause there are way better weapon/PA combos for that.

Hrith
Jun 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
Anything that can cancel Spiral Dance has no problem swatting you out of Tornado Dance either, so that comparison is null. That said Spiral Dance offers far better control than Tornado on non-boss enemies and is safe enough to use even on smaller creatures. The damage difference is negligible to anyone who isn't having an orgasm over their DPS.Wrong, wrong and wrong. Come back when you know what you're talking about.

the only quadruped monsters that has a chance of taking you out of spiral wnen you're using it properly are kamatose and carriguines.Do you even play PSU?
Ubakrada is BY FAR the most heavy canceler in the game. Drua Gohra is also very rough (almost same AI).
Then comes Grass Assassin, who can still attack you despite the knockback you use on it, has a 300 degree radius on its attacks and turns around way too fast to hope attacking if from behind.
Then Polavohra (immune to knockback) and its 360 degree stomp.
Only them come Kamatoze, Carriguine and Gainozeros.

Ubakrada completely ignore your knockback moves and will hit you out of Spiral Dance, unless you attack exactly from behind (they can turn well over 90 degrees to the left or right during their attacks), which can be a pain considering Ubakrada is one of those monsters who think it's a good idea to run in any direction in the room except towards you -- which is another reason Tornado Dance is better, you keep damaging it even if it decides to run away.

Anyway even if absolute dance does more per hit...it doesn't hit enough for it to matter and it's very slow.This confirms you do not even possess the PA.
Absolute Dance deals much more damage than Tornado or Spiral Dance, a lot more. It's not a good idea to use it in these situations, but the difference is huge.
Absolute Dance is not slow once you realise you must never use the last part (a bit like Dus Majarra)

Spiral is 145x6 + 300x4 + 350x6 = 4170
Absolute is 430x3 + 300x12 = 4890

Both take about the same time.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 4, 2008, 06:19 PM
So...

You are saying

Grass Assassin's> Carri?

With your random numbers? o.o

''Polavohra (immune to knockback) ''

Unless you are talking about them being ''BLOWN AWAY'' Sure

But THEY DO GET KNOCKED BACK lol

ashley50
Jun 4, 2008, 06:23 PM
Grass Assassins are way too easy to Eliminate...

desturel
Jun 4, 2008, 06:24 PM
Do you have stats like this for Absolute Dance? I am curious.

430*3 + 300*3*4 + 450*4 = 6690

Tornado is:
260*2*4 = 2080

But you have to remember to factor the time the move takes into that equation. Since both Gravity and Spiral take about the same amount of time and have the same acc mod (94%) they are easier to compare (even if they are used in different situations).

Freshellent
Jun 4, 2008, 06:27 PM
Oh this should be fun.

desturel
Jun 4, 2008, 06:29 PM
Ubakrada completely ignore your knockback moves and will hit you out of Spiral Dance, unless you attack exactly from behind (they can turn well over 90 degrees to the left or right during their attacks), which can be a pain considering Ubakrada is one of those monsters who think it's a good idea to run in any direction in the room except towards you -- which is another reason Tornado Dance is better, you keep damaging it even if it decides to run away.

I preferred using Hishou Jinren-zan on Ubakrada when I was a FiG. It actually knocks them on their side and keeps them from swatting you away or them running away. I understand that this is a double saber thread, but just throwing in 2 cents.

Shou
Jun 4, 2008, 06:34 PM
Spiral > Absolute > Gravity > Not Using a PA > Sitting and Doing Nothing > Tornado

Niloklives
Jun 4, 2008, 06:34 PM
like i said kef you just want to argue. AD is the worst PA for DS by far. you're a terrible gamer and i can't stand talking to you. Everything about your arguments i based sheerly on numbers and not practical use which is never made clearer than now.

if spiral is a bad PA to use on an enemy. then use a different weapon. now grow up

Rayokarna
Jun 4, 2008, 07:08 PM
Why would you want to use a double Saber on EVERYTHING?

Alastor_Haven
Jun 4, 2008, 07:10 PM
They wanna be cool?

Acrofighter13
Jun 4, 2008, 07:55 PM
ok absolute dance is the best double saber pa even with just the first two parts it hits more than the rest and the second part knocks enemys or makes them stagger so they wont have much of a chance at hitting u(bigger enemies)smaller enemies rarely get a chance to hit u after u get the first part in so yea A.D. is the best(at least in my opinion)

ashley50
Jun 4, 2008, 09:13 PM
lol and so it begins again...

Shou
Jun 4, 2008, 09:28 PM
lol and so it begins again...

Oh noes!

:nerd:Absolut Dance is the best!:nerd:

Hrith
Jun 5, 2008, 10:38 AM
Grass Assassin's> CarriGrass Assassin are more annoying, that does not make them harder.

Carriguine barely cancel your attacks, I'm sure you could use stuff like Ikk Hikk on them >_>

''Polavohra (immune to knockback) ''

Unless you are talking about them being ''BLOWN AWAY'' Sure

But THEY DO GET KNOCKED BACK lolPolavohra are immune to knockback. They get knocked up, but knockback attacks merely flinch them for a split second, which does not prevent them from attacking you at all.

like i said kef you just want to argue. AD is the worst PA for DS by far. you're a terrible gamer and i can't stand talking to you. Everything about your arguments i based sheerly on numbers and not practical use which is never made clearer than now.

if spiral is a bad PA to use on an enemy. then use a different weapon. now grow upGotta love when nubs run out of arguments :>

You're always so funny to read, though.

You know, since I proved you wrong, just leave, you're only making it harder on yourself, now.

Spiral > Absolute > Gravity > Not Using a PA > Sitting and Doing Nothing > TornadoHmm, someone really sucks at the game. That's not even proper trolling, stop wasting space.

panzer_unit
Jun 5, 2008, 01:38 PM
Ubakrada is BY FAR the most heavy canceler in the game. Drua Gohra is also very rough (almost same AI).
Then comes Grass Assassin, who can still attack you despite the knockback you use on it, has a 300 degree radius on its attacks and turns around way too fast to hope attacking if from behind.
Then Polavohra (immune to knockback) and its 360 degree stomp.
Only them come Kamatoze, Carriguine and Gainozeros.

Ubrakada are just more aggressive Polahorva. They're both vulnerable to knock-up only but there are a ton of PA's with fast knock-up hits... you can keep them flipped over by using any of 'em and adjusting your combo use so that you're ready with the launcher hit every time they get on their feet.

Kamatoze and Gainoz are only affected by knockback, any PA with one of those early on makes them easy to beat. (see also Spiral Dance)

Drua Gohra and Kogg Nad don't have any safe angles to approach on, but it's easy to fake them into attacking with their head and run around to their side... then hit them with anything that's got quick knock-up or knock-back to flip them over.

Grass Assassins get up very quickly, but they're vulnerable to knockdown attacks (normal axe hits, first move of spiral dance) so it's easy to tag them with something like that and make an opening for the rest of a PA combo.

Spiral is 145x6 + 300x4 + 350x6 = 4170
Absolute is 430x3 + 300x12 = 4890

Both take about the same time.

That's Absolute Dance barely pulling ahead with 3 targets on every move. Spiral Dance is more damaging against 1- and 2-target enemies (there are lots) and you only need the first 2 moves of the combo against anything smaller than a midboss. One's all knockback, one's all knockup. I'd think you need both PA's if you wanted to use a double saber a significant amount of the time.

Niloklives
Jun 5, 2008, 02:12 PM
Grass Assassin are more annoying, that does not make them harder.

Carriguine barely cancel your attacks, I'm sure you could use stuff like Ikk Hikk on them >_>

Polavohra are immune to knockback. They get knocked up, but knockback attacks merely flinch them for a split second, which does not prevent them from attacking you at all.

Gotta love when nubs run out of arguments :>

You're always so funny to read, though.

You know, since I proved you wrong, just leave, you're only making it harder on yourself, now.

Hmm, someone really sucks at the game. That's not even proper trolling, stop wasting space.

Kef, you're a child. I've made pleanty of arguments for spiral in other threads and I'm not repeating myself fo your garbage. grow up and stop dragging everyone else down with your vullshit

dc534
Jun 5, 2008, 03:21 PM
I think we will agree that SD is the greatest Double Saber PA. Whats not to like about it, sure that second part can kick things away but most experienced FiG can turn slightly before that kick and then destroy the creature with that finishing 3rd part.

Thanks to spiral dance and my machine gun I do TD in 8-10 minutes average. Thats right up their with some of the best times, and I am only a 109, then again my equipment does not suck either and SD is lvl 40.

Really what other Double Saber Pa is all purpose and does not take and eternity to lvl or is even fun to use.

You can argue AD and I am sure that at lvl 40 it does amazing but how many have the patience to get it even past 11. Mine is like 17 and I love it but it is very situational to me, I can use SD and absolutly obliterate runs or I can use AD for 10 runs straight and see that it has lvled a mere 50% to its next lvl, no thanks.

Also their is no real bad moves in this game, their are however some situational PA moves that get abused over and over giving them a bad name and or are situational because they cause enemies tgo go spraling everywhere.

I am just glade to finally see that FiG is no longer the Noob class and all the aparent Noobs are giving FF a bad name by spaming Jabroken on every spawn.

DreXxiN
Jun 5, 2008, 03:29 PM
AD

TD on non knockback creatures.

Syl
Jun 5, 2008, 05:08 PM
Kef, you're a child. I've made pleanty of arguments for spiral in other threads and I'm not repeating myself fo your garbage. grow up and stop dragging everyone else down with your vullshit

It's like talking to a brick wall. Guy's too biased for his own good. Also, lol @ 300 degree Ubrakada radius

Alastor_Haven
Jun 5, 2008, 05:24 PM
Grass Assassin are more annoying, that does not make them harder.

I have no comment

Other to say you are an id.. ahem a PANNON

That is all

... ... ...

ashley50
Jun 5, 2008, 05:33 PM
Don't argue with Him...Its no use.

Let him be in his own world where he thinks his opinions are ALWAYS right.

Hrith
Jun 6, 2008, 06:21 AM
Ubrakada are just more aggressive Polahorva. They're both vulnerable to knock-up only but there are a ton of PA's with fast knock-up hits... you can keep them flipped over by using any of 'em and adjusting your combo use so that you're ready with the launcher hit every time they get on their feet.But knocking them up may not be a good idea, as it will often send them too far for you to connect the following hits.

That's Absolute Dance barely pulling ahead with 3 targets on every move. Spiral Dance is more damaging against 1- and 2-target enemies (there are lots) and you only need the first 2 moves of the combo against anything smaller than a midboss. One's all knockback, one's all knockup. I'd think you need both PA's if you wanted to use a double saber a significant amount of the time.Which is kinda the point =/

Kef, you're a child. I've made pleanty of arguments for spiral in other threads and I'm not repeating myself fo your garbage. grow up and stop dragging everyone else down with your vullshitYes, yes, no argument, no argument at all ^^
Internet = place where the most immature people tell the others to grow up.

It's like talking to a brick wall. Guy's too biased for his own good. Also, lol @ 300 degree Ubrakada radiusA brick wall does not have irrefutable arguments, stop trying to find excuses for your lack of arguments.

Also, lol @ people who don't even know monster AI.

Don't argue with Him...Its no use.

Let him be in his own world where he thinks his opinions are ALWAYS right.If I was wrong, how come no one has any valid argument against me?

Stop being weak-minded fools, if you do not have anything to oppose me, it means that you're wrong, or mistaken, not that I'm not listening.
Your egos are so huge, you'd rather find an absolutely improbable reason to comfort you in your mistakes than accept the fact someone else proved you wrong, brilliant.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 6, 2008, 06:50 AM
Okay I'm arguing the fact that you are a moron

Happy?

Syl
Jun 6, 2008, 07:04 AM
Sorry Hrith, but the only "irrefutable" thing here is your history for being known as an extremely biased and extremely questionable poster. Because we all know these numbers and statistics of yours are pulled from the thin air. Sorry, but just because you ran these so called "tests" of yours, which most of the time end up sounding fabricated themselves, doesn't make it GOD GIVEN OMG fact.

Ubrakada having a 300 degree radius? LOL NO. At best, it's twist attack has a "radius" of about 120-150 degrees. The mofo can interrupt a lot, yeah, but it's far from the most annoying enemy. It doesn't do much more than half an arc when it does that swing, how can you say half an arc is anywhere near 300 degrees?

Secondly, a Carriguine is much more formidable than a Grass Assasin. Why? Because GA's are awfully slow, both in terms of moving around and turning around to face you so they can attack you. A Carriguine on the other hand is like a kid supped up on steroids in a candy store.

And lastly, you're like, the most haughty and conceited player I know of when it comes to anything dealing with DPS & PAs. And it's just not me who thinks that, tons of people do.

Sorry Hrith, but the fact that you're well known for your bias on everything you babble about by the community, not just here on PSOW, but also on the official forums, sure says a lot more than what you think it does. Not to mention you switch your opinions on whether a PA is good or not a lot.

Just because you supply "evidence" while no one else does doesn't make your statements fact. HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT? THE WORLD IS ACTUALLY FLAT OMG NO ONE CAN DISPROVE ME BECAUSE NO ONE MAEK ARGUMENT EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complex_Jao
Jun 8, 2008, 02:10 PM
i thing people should stop making posts asking witch one is better it just starts fights...oh and to answer...i only get ult PAs or the one that costs more

Niloklives
Jun 8, 2008, 07:29 PM
ultimate is really the wrong word for them. a lot of "ult" PAs aren't worth your time

dc534
Jun 9, 2008, 11:34 AM
absolute dance destroys monsters. nuff said. And this is coming from a guy who only used spiral dance. The power of absolute dance just gets more and more pleasing every lvl you lvl it. Mine is 25 now and my god Svaltus hate me now.