PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania Wii, this fall

TheOneHero
Jun 4, 2008, 12:51 PM
I open Google News at least once a day, throw in something I'm interested in and view the results.

Today, some interesting stuff came up.

Preview, a popular comic book magazine, has claimed that a Castlevania game will be released for the Wii in the latter part of 2008.

The magazine mistakenly let slip the information whilst detailing its PR campaign for a comic book based on the PS2 game, Curse of Darkness.

It says the book will be "cross-promoted with 2008 video game releases, which include games for Nintendo Wii and DS Fall 2008".

Rumour hounds in the game industry are notoriously good at sniffing out stories, even with only tiny scraps of information to work on, so the magazine's apparent goof has led to some serious internet speculation.

A new Castlevania DS game was always on the cards, with screens already released, but a Wii version wasn't expected by industry experts.

We don't need to tell you that Konami have made no comment on the matter whatsoever ... oh, we just did. Ah well.

Source. (http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/role-playing/castlevania-game-the-wii-coming-in-2008--$1225863.htm)

The same information has been posted at a few other gaming sites, but nothing new.

This is pretty cool, I'm excited to see another Castlevania for a console, I'd be even more pumped if it was 2D-HD, hell, even 2D. Don't get me wrong, I loved the 3D titles, but I wouldn't want the 2D games to stay strictly hand held.

I'll post more information as it comes available, if at all. :wacko:

Wyndham
Jun 4, 2008, 12:54 PM
this news makes me happy.

Eihwaz
Jun 4, 2008, 06:27 PM
This is excellent, though I hope if it does come out, it doesn't abuse waggling the Wiimote. :disapprove:

KodiaX987
Jun 4, 2008, 09:31 PM
This is excellent, though I hope if it does come out, it doesn't abuse waggling the Wiimote. :disapprove:

Get ready to crack that whip, boy. :)

Dragwind
Jun 5, 2008, 04:04 PM
I'm pretty excited, I sure hope it has a shit-ton of action, and comes with a real working whip attachment. Nothing like multi-tasking - I could destroy everything around me, scare people out of my playing area, and play the game, all at the same time.

Dek
Jun 5, 2008, 06:53 PM
Get ready to crack that whip, boy. :)

On top of that, it would make certain actions and weapons easier to map on the Wii Remote

Heck, lets treat it like Richter or Julius mode in from Portrait of Ruin or Aria/Dawn, respectively. Have all the secondary weapons be accessible from the start and then selected using the D-Pad to select which one you want to use, then have the B button to use them.

I love the fact that something like this is coming out. Definitely will be going into my collection of Wii games =D

Sexy_Raine
Jun 6, 2008, 01:10 AM
If this is true, then it's awesome news. I love Castlevania.

Saner
Jun 6, 2008, 01:13 AM
what does this mean Hector is gonna have another game about him?

CoD was good enough and had the best happy ending ever in the series, leave Hector alone with Julia, lol. let someone else beat up the baddies. :D

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 6, 2008, 02:10 AM
Nice! But, I hope it's styled more like the older Castlevanias, pre-SOTN. Getting tired of RPG elements mucking thigns up. Except, of course, for the finding of lots and lots of weapons. :P

Monochrome
Jun 6, 2008, 02:14 AM
I love it! Konami keeps whipping up all these Castlevania sequels..

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 6, 2008, 02:23 AM
I love it! Konami keeps whipping up all these Castlevania sequels..

UGHhh.

TheOneHero
Jun 6, 2008, 02:34 AM
This with the facts:

Konami copyrighted another Castlevania Title when OoE was copyrighted. "Judgment"
Screens released sometime ago in another magazine show "Wii" on the title screen.

I'm pretty sure we're getting it, I'm very excited.

Toadthroat
Jun 6, 2008, 07:17 PM

Ya rly. I'm crossing my fingers that I won't have to waggle my hand like an idiot to do attacks.