PDA

View Full Version : Bring back PSO

orm-z
Jun 4, 2008, 12:58 PM
Im stuck. I have been wundering and thinking.......Why dont they bring back PSO for one of the handhelds. I mean why not? u know....I remember in one of the issues of game pro the had a pso screen on the psp and ds. I Honestly just want the old PSO back, with up and running servers. Tell me what u guys think. Wether it be about bringing it to a portable divice or just bringing it back period. I Would give anything (EVERYTHING)for themto bring it back.

Jaspaller
Jun 4, 2008, 01:02 PM
inb4flamewars
inb4fkl
inb4lock
inb4RemiusTArage
inb4earthexplosion

PSO isn't profitable to them anymore. It's that simple. Topics like these have been done to death. I wouldn't mind a remake of some sort myself but the fact is that this game is old and people want new functional games. Check the stickies.

AlexCraig
Jun 4, 2008, 01:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131408

4.) No, the official servers for Gamecube, Dreamcast, Xbox, and US/EU Blue Burst have been shut down. The JP Blue Burst servers are the only official servers still alive. And no, Sega will NOT be bringing back the official PSOGC servers. They took elements from PSO and put them into AOI, but they will not be reviving the servers. They were losing money on them and they became a hassle for them to handle. So if you want to play online, you would have to play on the JP Blue Burst servers or find other means (ie. private servers). And since Sonic Team is not interested in the PSO servers anymore, there is no real point in making a petition to revive the servers. Many people have tried, and all of them have failed. Furthermore, it is rather redundant to make a poll or a petition here, when it would be much better suited in a place ST is more likely to look at. Threads like those are usually poorly thought out and only lead to arguements and flames. And to conclude, no, PSO is not making some "grand return" on a new gen system. Sonic Team has attempted to bring elements back from PSO in AOI, but they are not rereleasing PSO on the Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360. Nor is it coming back for the DS or PSP. It is a sad fact you will just have to come to grips with.

Covered this already.

inb4flamewars

inb4RemiusTArage
inb4earthexplosion

Haha!

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 4, 2008, 01:17 PM
There is a handheld version, sort of(Pso pc I think). Cant say where to get it. Don't know how well it works anyway.

AlexCraig
Jun 4, 2008, 01:18 PM
I know that PSU is getting PSP. That is the extent of my knowledge on that topic.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 4, 2008, 01:22 PM
It Pso Pc for psp. Someone made a light ver. Or so I'v read.

Jaspaller
Jun 4, 2008, 01:23 PM
Haha, here's an idea. PSODC on the Treamcast if anyone remembers that. Close enough to a portable version lol.

AlexCraig
Jun 4, 2008, 01:35 PM
Still, point remains. They won't be making a new version of PSO. Just PSU.

Tech Romancer
Jun 4, 2008, 09:13 PM
There wont be any new PSO simply put
Phantasy Star usually runs a 4 games series
example: Phantasy Star 1-4 then came PSO then PSO episode 2 then episode 3 card battle and the Blue Burst reaching the 4 game series standard then they moved on to PSU which now is hitting its 3rd installment PSP for the PSP so simply put no more new PSO
it's sad but we all had to let em go I know it's hard PSO was like a little rappy that we raised from an egg and loved and charished but there comes a time when you gotta learn that it's time to kick him out of the tree face first and let him go off to bigger better things at least we still got memories and I mean it's not like the games don't exsist anymore I've had PSO since it came out on the dreamcast and I still have fun playing there's always new stuff to do

NegaTsukasa
Jun 6, 2008, 12:42 AM
I know your pain. there is alote of aspect PSU won't be able to mimic PSO from at all.
At least PSU has brought back the Ragol levels, old Hunters cloths, and a good chunk of some old weapons in which I think they will gradualy add all of the old wepons back onto PSU as the games progress in expansion.
The enemies are also back in the newer PSU levels. They are trying to fuse PSO into the game but there are som parts in which we all know won't be coming back.

I at least am psyched and happy plus releaved to know that they brought at least this much PSO back to PSU.
I practicaly have my PSO character back!

The old game doesn't market anymore. Its all been upgraded and moved on.
But that doesn't mean the game is gone forever! heck! online mode in the private servers is still active!
I wont ever let PSO go no matter what. Even if I do play PSU. A true fan learns to accept what happens while still committing the love of the games vintage and unforgettable values! I support both games!
I even bring PSO spirit into PSU with my old character looks and styles, weapons and all!

yep. the most we can hope for is to at least finish bringing in the old PSO levels and bosses alonge with weapons, items and armor into PSU for the final touches in regards to PSO. That's as far as I think they can reach in PSU. so even though there will be no more PSO games, some of the elements of the game still lives on through another proud and loud!

A-men! lol that was alote.
^^

TalHex
Jun 6, 2008, 07:31 AM
As much as i would like to see it happen, it probably won't, ST is to focused now on PSU to care about PSO, that aside the DS could probably handle it.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 6, 2008, 01:45 PM
i posted on another forum a movie that might please you.
a dreamcast emulator for PSP, you can run pso ver.1/ver.2 from there.

not sure if i'm alowed to post.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 6, 2008, 01:51 PM
You can post the movie.

AlexCraig
Jun 6, 2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah. But you can't post the emulator.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 6, 2008, 02:38 PM
:
Update: A lot of people think that the video is a fake. In all honesty I’m not sure - it certainly had me convinced. Hopefully the guy will put up some more videos, and I shall try to do some digging in the mean time. If it’s a fake then I shall hold up my hands and say “Yeah you got me, well done.” But if it’s real then… “Woohoo!”]

We’ve seen a few hand held Dreamcasts being made over the last few years, one we reported on quite recently.

The biggest problems with these hand helds is that you either need to be a technical/electronics wizard, or have a healthy cash flow - and buy it off those that are wizards. But it seems now you won’t need to possess much more than the Internet (which, if you are reading this, you must have already), and a PSP!

I knew that the emulation and homebrew scene has been steadily growing over the past few years, but this is the first time I have actually seen a PSP running Dreamcast games. And to be honest, I’m pretty damn excited by the concept! As you can clearly see, the video shows the PSP running Sonic Adventure 2, and it looks pretty much perfect in game play.

Unfortunately I’m not totally sure on all the information here. All that I can really tell you is that it is running on the “AutoBrew” emulation software - which supports several retro consoles, including; Ps1, N64 and (of course) Dreamcast.

Hopefully we can find some more information on this for you guys soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmM-WVE8Jg

what do you think?
will pso ver.1 and ver.2 be played on a PSP?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 6, 2008, 03:18 PM
Interesting
1. The only psp I have is Paint Shop Pro 8-9.something. =^.^=
2. Dc Gd disks won't work in psp, an iso/cdi would have to be used. What's the max sise of umd disks? Dreamcast disks are 1.2 Gb, if I remember correctly.

AlexCraig
Jun 6, 2008, 03:19 PM
Pretty cool! But like Julie, only PSP I have is Paint Shop Pro XD

Jaspaller
Jun 6, 2008, 03:21 PM
Hmm, I'll have to check that out when I get home. Although I don't have modified firmware that can easily be remedied, bwahaha. If it supports the online component somehow, then I know what I'll be doing instead of blueburst lol.

Lance813
Jun 6, 2008, 03:27 PM
that would be awesome, i getting a psp for 15 bucks on monday =]

Nitro Vordex
Jun 6, 2008, 03:28 PM
I'd get a PSP just for that.

Portable SA2 and MvC? HEL YEH.

Oh yeah, and PSO of course. ;)

Lance813
Jun 6, 2008, 03:31 PM
haha most deffinatly

DC_PLAYER
Jun 6, 2008, 03:44 PM
pso ver.2 is gonna reborn, i'm sure of it.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 6, 2008, 08:04 PM
I'll use Reverser. =~.^=

AlexCraig
Jun 6, 2008, 08:08 PM
XDDDD

Jaspaller
Jun 7, 2008, 06:45 PM
Just checked out the video and wow that looks nice. I'll have to look into that sometime later.

3---Hit---U
Jun 7, 2008, 09:50 PM
XD!

The playdoh in his vid!

in the background XP