PDA

View Full Version : Guide Comparison chart BRUCE vs. CURTZ

Andy1423
Jun 4, 2008, 04:47 PM
Fairly soon Captin Curtz will be availible as a fellow NPC. As of now bruce is agurably the best NPC for his shear aggressivness and diligant use of GRAVITY BREAK. Curtz will also have the ability GRAVITY BREAK. Wheather or not he uses it as much as BruceV.2 ( I'm refering to how sweet Bruce is as an NPC compaired to him in the mission Bruce's Dungeon) is unknown. Still, here are the skill levels, character levels, and weapons that they would be using to get their resultant Attack damge, or att in this case.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/andyv1423/bruceandcurtz.jpg

NOTE: CURTZ has two forms, one with his helmet and one without. I guess we'll have to wait and find out which version we get, but the chart listed above is "with" his helmet. The only difference here would be a JORGI instead of a Hanzo.

......more deatails on other skills and attacks comming soon........

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 8, 2008, 06:14 AM
I was testing some things and noticed something.
I had Bruce and Curtz attack the same creature.
With normal sword attacks and the first part of gravity break, Bruce out damaged Curtz.
I think Bruce may be wearing a really good arm unit.

Maskim
Jun 8, 2008, 06:20 AM
Curtz just looks and acts more badass than Bruce, and in the end isn't that the stat that really counts?

Para
Jun 8, 2008, 08:03 AM
we all know casts are better.

mvffin
Jun 8, 2008, 01:24 PM
does curtz have an SUV?

imfanboy
Jun 8, 2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah, Curtz has the machinegun SUV that sweeps and gives Jellen.

ryvius
Jun 8, 2008, 04:20 PM
but Bruce holds the power of the mustache !

Zoamel_Gustav
Jun 8, 2008, 08:17 PM
http://psupedia.info/Bruce_Boyde
http://psupedia.info/Fulyen_Curtz

Bruce's aggressiveness is based on his simplicity. With only one weapon, he never wastes time changing unless to heal. With only one combo, his AI has less to decide. This makes him a more one sided, glass cannon character. This is also his main weakness during Bruce's Dungeon. His crea weapon and high ATP draws too much aggro. The mission also lags his AI, and the creatures counter the single minded aggressiveness.

Curtz, like other characters, is more well rounded. He is less likely to be overwhelmed, and can handle being outnumbered slightly better. His AI explores well. Sweeping SUV aims more easily. Assault Crush often reaches the third combo. His Hanzo use and second combo kinda slows him down though. He is quite aggressive, just not as focused as Bruce.

I think Bruce seems to use Tonnio's AI while Curtz uses Leo's. Both have good resta. For some reason Bruce has an almost never used foie. I think Bruce has better arm and head units.

Andy1423
Jun 8, 2008, 08:35 PM
I officially haven't tested them myself yet. I've been busy at work, I'll get a chance to add some more conclusive evidence to the existing chart(s) to come.

But when it comes down to it, sometimes the numbers don't matter. For instance, I know Bruce is extremely aggressive. However, I have yet to test Curtz.

++++++++more charts and graphs to come++++++++++

RemiusTA
Jun 9, 2008, 03:33 AM
Curtz.

Only because bruce is FUCKING ugly

his cut-in made me punch my cat once

BFGfreak
Jun 12, 2008, 11:03 PM
Bruce gives me rares (really, I've found more rares with bruce in my party than without him)
Curtz hasn't even given me a love letter.

RedRaz0r
Jun 13, 2008, 12:52 AM
i dont care who is better, Bruce pisses me off in Bruces Dungeon so you will never see him in my party, unless i need a monomate or 2.

CelestialBlade
Jun 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
But Bruce is BALD.

And the hybrid Hitler/Pringles Guy mustache has to count for something.

Andy1423
Jun 13, 2008, 10:29 AM
i dont care who is better, Bruce pisses me off in Bruces Dungeon so you will never see him in my party, unless i need a monomate or 2.

You obviously didn't see my note about how there's Bruce and Brucev.2 Bruce in "Bruces Dungeon" is lamb and stupid. If you don't have his card, (which I can tell you don't---noob.......just kidding :) ) then Get IT. Bruce v.2 , as I like to call it, is above and beond the bruce you're used to.

Kadajenova
Jun 21, 2008, 08:52 AM
Alfort Tylor does more dmg than curtz and bruce.

He doing like 700-800 with a single hit with a saber wihtout using any PAs.
With Rising Strike, he doing 1500 on first hit and 2500 on 2nd hit.