PDA

View Full Version : The Great Gurhal Event (All Servers! PC/PS2 + 360)

Hitori
Jun 4, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hello everyone! I've been away awhile, but now I'm back with a vengeance! This post is the official public unveiling of the Great Gurhal Event project, affectionately known as the GGE. This event has been in the works for quite some time behind the scenes, and is headed by a number of influential members of this community (guilds and individuals alike). But I'll let them introduce themselves at their leisure.

Our aim in this event is nothing short of the largest scale player event in Phantasy Star Universe. Thanks to the enthusiasm of the leaders I contacted on both servers (PC/PS2 and Xbox 360), we will be running the event simultaneously on both sides, with some friendly competition between the servers. In addition, we're bringing in elements unheard of in previous player events, such as real-time stat updates on the event via the website, as well as streaming video coverage and entertainment during the event!

Nothing like this has been done before, though we hope to do it again if it's a grand enough success. Unlike my usual explanatory novels, I'm going to keep this post relatively short. Instead, we have created a website for the event to explain everything and act as a place for all players to gather.

Please visit it at: www.greatgurhalevent.com

I look forward to seeing everyone there discussing and preparing for the GGE Project. (But please do some commenting here as well, to keep this post afloat. We want everyone to know about this, so we can have an absurdly large turn out!)

~Hitori

R2D6battlebot
Jun 4, 2008, 05:04 PM
Pretty cool idea, I hope to see it become a reality. Let me know if I can donate to the prize pool, if there is one.

Broodstar1337
Jun 4, 2008, 05:09 PM
I'd play it.

Hitori
Jun 4, 2008, 05:19 PM
Just drop by the forums at the GGE website and sign up with some accounts ^^
We're aiming to make it a bit of a community as well as an event. That way we have a number of people who know each other well from different places (here, the main PSU forums, clans, etc.) that can stick together and perhaps re-enact this event again at a later date if it's successful.

See you there!

~Hitori

Shou
Jun 4, 2008, 06:16 PM
I wonder if it will top the PSU Olympics event. We had unannounced GMs show up at that one!

Hitori
Jun 4, 2008, 06:20 PM
Sweet! I'm hoping Sega gives us some backing. I don't want to put words in their mouths, so I've not claimed they will yet. But we should get something or another as a tip o' the proverbial hat if nothing else.

Larian
Jun 4, 2008, 06:34 PM
Sounds interesting...let me know how I can help! =D

Hitori
Jun 5, 2008, 01:23 PM
Sure! Just drop by the GGE forums on the website and see what is going on at the moment to see what would be most helpful. And I thought I'd let people know, we now do have official Sega backing. Which means real-world event prizes, and probably some in-game Sega presence during the event.

Wiz
Jun 5, 2008, 09:52 PM
Wow, this sounds awesome! I can't wait! XD

Hitori
Jun 8, 2008, 04:55 PM
It'll be great! We just need some more members to sign up on the GGE forums so we can keep things moving with the community. ^^;

Specs
Jun 13, 2008, 10:21 AM
sounds like fun