PDA

View Full Version : Objectophilia

Toadthroat
Jun 4, 2008, 07:14 PM
Okay so when it comes to crazy fetishes, I think this takes the friggen cake. At least when it comes to other fetishes, people are falling in love with things that you can have sexual intercourse with, or imagine yourself having intercourse with. Things that are living, breathing, have personalities, and lives (unless you're into guro, or necro, then you're into things that were formerly living and breathing). But not objectophiles, oh no. These people have sexual attractions to things like the Berlin Wall or a church organ.
Wtf?

http://www.spiegel.de/international/spiegel/0,1518,482192,00.html

Now I try not to judge people, we all have our vices and skeletons in our closet, but its hard not to shake my head and give a massive facepalm.

Darkly
Jun 4, 2008, 07:35 PM
omg i was watching the documentry about it on channel 5 (uk)

they're called objectum sexual's and many have had traumatic events which lead to the strange state they're in now.

It was quite sad by the end of the show, i mean the main woman was neglected by her parents and abused throughout foster homes, from an early age she was always seen with an object close by, if anything i find it sad that these people are finding affection from objects due to the cruelty of her childhood.

in other cases it also seems to stem from a rare form of aspergers.

Shadowpawn
Jun 4, 2008, 07:52 PM
The 41-year-old recognized and accepted his inclination when he was just 12 years old. It was then that he fell head over heels "into an emotionally and physically very complex and deep relationship, which lasted for years." His partner back then was a Hammond organ -- he has now been in a steady relationship with a steam locomotive for several years. Since he is particularly aroused by the inner workings of technical objects, repair jobs have often led to infidelity in the past. "A love affair could very well begin with a broken radiator," the now monogamous lover says, remembering how his earlier affairs began.

Did anyone other than me laugh at this passage?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 4, 2008, 09:01 PM
Did anyone other than me laugh at this passage?

Nope, not just you. :lol:

I remember hearing one about how a bicyclist had a..."custom made bike" for such things.

Yeeahh...

Monochrome
Jun 4, 2008, 11:18 PM
Nope, not just you. :lol:

I remember hearing one about how a bicyclist had a..."custom made bike" for such things.

Yeeahh...

reminded me of that SouthPark episode, "the entity", where Mr. Garrison invents the monowheel..

UnderscoreX
Jun 4, 2008, 11:24 PM
I was just watching an episode of Boston Legal about this the other day, freaky.

Eihwaz
Jun 5, 2008, 02:06 AM
After reading about plushophiles and dollfuckers on SomethingAwful, this seems so tame. In a way, this is actually sort of cute, in a really fucking weird way. :wacko:

EphekZ
Jun 5, 2008, 02:11 AM
Considering the amazingly odd things humans are capable of, I'm not surprised to read this.

Neith
Jun 5, 2008, 01:37 PM
I heard on the radio recently about a woman who wanted to marry the Eiffel Tower or something, which I found pretty strange :wacko:

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 5, 2008, 01:46 PM
This sort of thing only lends credence to my theory that human beings are not hardwired with a sexual preference.

SubstanceD
Jun 5, 2008, 02:51 PM
Considering the amazingly odd things humans are capable of, I'm not surprised to read this.

That's why this doesn't suprise me. I always thought the human race was fucked up to begin with.

Monochrome
Jun 5, 2008, 05:52 PM
So, today I had to tell the vacuum that I cheated on her with the toaster...

BlaizeYES
Jun 5, 2008, 06:41 PM
Psychology student Bill Rifka -- who is 35 and in a relationship with an iBook -- admits he has "often flirted with many a sweet laptop on eBay and felt true desire." Like all objectum-sexuals, Rifka also attributes a clear gender to his partner: "To me, my Mac is male. I'm living in a homosexual relationship, so to speak."

perfect

EphekZ
Jun 5, 2008, 07:23 PM
I love how he's a psychology student. You'd think someone in that field would be a little more....sane?

Monochrome
Jun 5, 2008, 07:46 PM
Psychology student Bill Rifka -- who is 35 and in a relationship with an iBook -- admits he has "often flirted with many a sweet laptop on eBay and felt true desire." Like all objectum-sexuals, Rifka also attributes a clear gender to his partner: "To me, my Mac is male. I'm living in a homosexual relationship, so to speak."

perfect

never. lol'd. harder.

You know this objectum-sexual thing actually sounds kinda alluring, after all when is the last time you caught your HDTV riding your best friend when you got home from work early? I'm thinking this has something to do with disillusionment with relationships in general.. I've often joked that my car is my wife, since 'she' takes all my money, but day-um.. we haven't.. you know, consumated anything..